ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. Ohio State

RU 0 OHIO STATE 0 AT THE HALF. We are not playing badly. Moving the ball quite well. Post, Rosomanno & Romano aren't up to it. Mason once again with long passes that don't connect. We've had several corners & Mike has insisted on having Riley take a few of them when he had Sam or both Sam & Kylie on the pitch No bueno.
Some poor decisions when we've had opportunities but overall as I said not playing badly. Anyone's game in driving rain.

RU 0 OHIO STATE 0 AT THE HALF. We are not playing badly. Moving the ball quite well. Post, Rosomanno & Romano aren't up to it. Mason once again with long passes that don't connect. We've had several corners & Mike has insisted on having Riley take a few of them when he had Sam or both Sam & Kylie on the pitch No bueno.
Some poor decisions when we've had opportunities but overall as I said not playing badly. Anyone's game in driving rain.
Second half of the first they dominated yeah totally don’t understand the corner kicks and we still can’t carry the ball up after a short goal kick

1-0 came out dominating second half great cross by Allison Lynch and finish by Becky Fleuchel

Great win and if we can take care of business Sunday we are in Big tourney and anything can happen from there

Rutgers probably needs a tie or better to make the Big Ten tourney. Northwestern gets in with a win and is 2-0-1 in their last 3 games so this won't be easy.

I posted this on the Round Table this morning.

There are five teams battling it out for the last three B1G tournament berths. Here are the key games on Sunday (with each team’s current point total in parentheses).

Michigan (11 points) at OSU (13 points)

Iowa (12 points) at Michigan State (20 points)

NW (11 points) at Rutgers (13 points)

I posted the scenarios below, but the Bottom line - If we beat or tie NW, we’re IN under all scenarios (only the seeding would be different). Lose to NW, and we need help from OSU or Michigan and MSU. Root like hell for MSU to BEAT Iowa.

Okay, here goes:

If OSU beats UMich, and MSU beats Iowa, we are IN regardless of the outcome of our game. If we beat NW, we would be the 6th seed with 16 points (we own the tiebreaker against OSU), OSU would be the 7th seed with 16 points, and Iowa would be the 8th seed with 12 points. If we tie NW, we would be the 7th seed with 14 points. If we lose to NW, NW would get the 7th seed with 14 points, and we would get the 8th seed with 13 points.

If OSU ties UMich, and MSU beats Iowa, we are also IN regardless of the outcome of our game against NW. If we win, we get the 6th seed with 16 points. If we tie, we get the 6th seed with 14 points (we own the tiebreaker over OSU). If we lose, we get the 8th seed with 13 points, with OSU and NW getting the 6th and 7th seeds with 14 points each.

If OSU beats UMich, and MSU ties Iowa, we would need at least a tie against NW to get in. If we lose, we would be in a two-way tie with Iowa with 13 points, but Iowa has the tiebreaker because they beat us head-to-head (so OSU would be 6th, NW would be 7th, and Iowa would be 8th). But if we tie or beat NW, we would be IN as either the 8th seed with 14 points, or the 6th or 7th seed with 16 points.

If OSU ties UMich, and MSU ties Iowa, we would need at least a tie against NW to get in. If we win, we get the 6th seed with 16 points. If we tie, we get the 6th seed with 14 points (we own tiebreaker over OSU), OSU would get 7th seed, and Iowa would get 8th seed. If we lose, OSU, NW, and Iowa are in and we’re out with 13 points (Iowa would win the tiebreaker over us).

If UMich beats OSU, and MSU beats Iowa, we’re IN regardless of the outcome of our game against NW. If we win, we would get the 6th seed with 16 points. If we tie, we would be IN as the 7th seed, as both us and UMich would have 14 points, but we own the tiebreaker since we beat UMich head-to-head. If we lose, we would get the 8th seed with 13 points, as we own the tiebreaker over OSU (UMich/NW would get 6th/7th seeds with 14 points).

If UMich beats OSU, and Iowa ties MSU, we would need at least a tie against NW to get in. If we win, we’re IN as the 6th seed with 16 points (and UMich and Iowa get 7th and 8th seeds, respectively). If we tie, we’re IN as the 6th seed with 14 points because we own the tiebreaker with UMich (and UMich and Iowa get 7th and 8th seeds). But if we lose, UMich and NW are in as 6th/7th seeds, and there would be a three-way tie for 8th place with OSU and Iowa at 13 points. In a “mini conference” among the three teams, Iowa has 3 points from their win against us (they didn’t play OSU), and we have 3 points from our win against OSU and our loss to Iowa, and OSU would have 0 points. So I think that would mean Iowa would get in as the 8th seed since they own the tiebreaker against us.

If UMich beats OSU, and Iowa beats MSU, we would need at least a tie against NW to get in. If we win, we would get the 6th seed with 16 points, Iowa would get 7th seed with 15 points, and UMich would get 8th seed with 14 points. If we tie NW, we would get the 8th seed with 14 points, as we own the tiebreaker against UMich. If we lose, we’re OUT and Iowa (15 points) and UMich and NW (both with 14 points) are in.

I think I’ve got this right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT