ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Head Coach Scott Goodale PSA

What the f@ck do 90% of these posts have to do with Goodale's PSA?

Seriously- does every wrestling post have to sink to the same old tired BS?

1700 season tickets is an amazing accomplishment- how many did we sell last year?

Can't we just say "great job" and move on?

What the f@ck do 90% of these posts have to do with Goodale's PSA?

Seriously- does every wrestling post have to sink to the same old tired BS?

1700 season tickets is an amazing accomplishment- how many did we sell last year?

Can't we just say "great job" and move on?
You do realize it was the psu fans who devolved this thread, right? They do that a lot to human civilization.

At this point it's a matter of when, not if we reach 2k season tickets.
The trend has been approximately 100 tickets per week, so yes, this should be accomplished by 10/12. The one outlier was was among the days of 9/5, 9/7 (shortly after Suriano was confirmed on 9/3)

8/15 - 1200
8/28 - 1300
9/5 - 1400
9/7 - 1500
9/15 - 1600
9/21 - 1700
9/29 - 1800
10/5 - 1900

With the RAC basically being a big tin can , it doesn't even take a big crowd to create a loud, overwhelming noise.
With big crowds , it's a big home court/mat advantage for the RU teams that play here.

I prefer it when the noise comes from the crowd rather than canned music. If they stop the canned music, I would like the atmosphere more.
Hey lack of brain matter, they don't play music while the matches are taking place. That's all crowd noise. Are you perhaps that jackass Andre Nelson the psu offensive lineman?

Last edited:
Hey lack of brain matter, they don't play music while the matches are taking place. That's all crowd noise. Are you perhaps that jackass Andre Nelson the psu offensive lineman?

I figured that out by being there, thanks. I've been to Rec Hall and BJC in State College, Grace and Stabler in Bethlehem, both Cornell venues in Ithaca, Rider's gym, the Palestra in Philadelphia, both Pitt venues in Pittsburgh and both Rutgers venues for college wrestling matches. The only one that has ear-splitting volume music from the time you walk in until the wrestling starts and then all the time between matches is RAC. Either Rutgers is ahead of the curve on this or a misfit (for a good reason). I vote the latter. I like to be able to converse without shouting with the people around me when I'm at a match. Can't do that at the RAC. For me, that hurts, and doesn't help, the atmosphere. And the crowd noise is at a lower volume than the music, which doesn't help, either.

I'm sick and tired of the bullshit in this thread. matter was banned for a week for his snarky comment about reaching 2000 season tickets sold. However, once he returned, he made a comment about the noise in the RAC and responded to by this:
Hey lack of brain matter, .....
koleszar, you have every right to disagree with him, but do not have the right to start out with an insult.

He responded with this, while not taking up the gauntlet of your insults:
I figured that out by being there, thanks. I've been to Rec Hall and BJC in State College, Grace and Stabler in Bethlehem, both Cornell venues in Ithaca, Rider's gym, the Palestra in Philadelphia, both Pitt venues in Pittsburgh and both Rutgers venues for college wrestling matches. The only one that has ear-splitting volume music from the time you walk in until the wrestling starts and then all the time between matches is RAC. Either Rutgers is ahead of the curve on this or a misfit (for a good reason). I vote the latter. I like to be able to converse without shouting with the people around me when I'm at a match. Can't do that at the RAC. For me, that hurts, and doesn't help, the atmosphere. And the crowd noise is at a lower volume than the music, which doesn't help, either.
I'm trying to find anything wrong in what he posted, and I can't. It's his opinion backed up by his experience: you may not agree with it, and in that case you can state why.
Ok...time for matter to not matter anymore on this board.
You need to stop thinking you're a moderator on this board, or that you have some kind of access to the moderators. You don't. And you have been warned about acting like you do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, we try to keep the conversations civil here, and take actions with obviously trolling, or people just out to be pricks. But that doesn't mean we're going to support you when you don't like the way a conversation is going, or someone from another school disagrees with you. Deal with it.

And for our visitors, just remember this is our board. We foster conversation about the various sports, with some trash talking and ribbing thrown in. But if you're on here with a strong history of trolling, or just replying with snarky comments, or hijacking threads, etc., etc., you're not welcome and will get booted.

Scolding over: now go outside and play.
jumping-16_zps2upzj352.gif

Reactions: matter7172
koleszar, you have every right to disagree with him, but do not have the right to start out with an insult.

He responded with this, while not taking up the gauntlet of your insults:

jumping-16_zps2upzj352.gif
Come on. I thought lack of brain matter was clever. Ok I could have done without the jackass part but really that's just another name for a donkey. And I didn't even call him that directly. It was in reference to the kid who said we pump in crowd noise during football games :)

P.S. Congratulations on winning the tailgater of the week award.

Falling short of a meager goal of 2000? Not so good.
Eat crow, you dope.

The trend has been approximately 100 tickets per week, so yes, this should be accomplished by 10/12. The one outlier was was among the days of 9/5, 9/7 (shortly after Suriano was confirmed on 9/3)

8/15 - 1200
8/28 - 1300
9/5 - 1400
9/7 - 1500
9/15 - 1600
9/21 - 1700
9/29 - 1800
10/5 - 1900
1 day off? Not bad ;)

Reactions: CerealNTacos
Eat crow, you dope.

1 day off? Not bad ;)

Wow. I wished Rutgers luck in getting to the goal and I'm glad they made it. I stand by what I said - not meeting the goal is not a good thing. I do a lot of work in college fundraising. We usually set a goal, achieve it and then bump up to a new goal in any campaign. Not meeting the initial goal would be a rough blow. Again, I'm glad Rutgers got to 2000. Good for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT