ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano lbs

Now you are resorting to body shaming and mocking someone’s appearance ?
Just having a discussion about our coach . His health is important .
This stuff is fair game . Coaches weight get talked about and reported all the time.

4e6f5d8482bcd.jpg

I lost 25 lbs during COVID. I gained half of that back after returning to the office. Funny thing was that my last check up, the nurse who does the vitals looked at my weight gain and said maybe you should remove your shoes 😀.

Reactions: Jimpeg
I lost 25 lbs during COVID. I gained half of that back after returning to the office. Funny thing was that my last check up, the nurse who does the vitals looked at my weight gain and said maybe you should remove your shoes 😀.
Funny- I lost a lot of weight during Covid too and back to office put it all back on plus some..,

Funny- I lost a lot of weight during Covid too and back to office put it all back on plus some..,

I find this interesting . Most people I know gained weight being home.

I find this interesting . Most people I know gained weight being home.

My wife’s cooking is healthier and right portions. A home gym makes a big difference too.
Same as with stung- my wife is Jamaican and her food is always fresh and healthy. She does not do much frying at all. I had also given up drinking, so there is that too. Once it was back to the office- I would be back 2-3 times a week, committing to NYC. I found myself getting a bagel with CC each morning and then the office had a ton of snacks, Red Bull, etc and they always paid for lunch delivery. And then, I found that most clients did not want a sales person coming into their offices so they all started to want to meet over drinks, lunch, dinner, etc...

Speaking of weight, WTAF with the American Academy of Pediatrics. Somebody has to step in and stop the Pharmaceutical-Food Industrial Complex in this country.

Media normalizes and promotes this:

FmFlwGSakAAOUsV

It ain't big pharma that's "fat celebrating". I can see the negativity towards those who "fat shame" but this is ridiculous.

It ain't big pharma that's "fat celebrating". I can see the negativity towards those who "fat shame" but this is ridiculous.
Big Pharma and Big Food are in it together. Big Food supplies the food and fuel for the celebration and the consequential ill effects on health including obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Then Big Pharma joins the party, promoting drugs to treat conditions that could be cured by diet and exercise. Keep going to Dunkin Donuts and eating Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, and take a shot of insulin and/or your Ozempic or Jardiance while sitting on the couch and eating more processed garbage. Then let media convince you that being fat is now healthy, and shame anyone who questions this as a fat shamer or throw in the wild card as asserting they are being something else if it affects a certain group of people. Great work if you can get it.

And these companies all donate heavily to politicians who cheerfully do nothing about it and pave the way for the cycle to continue.

17edf54fdfc4193a8ffbd0fd2543d2ac68335e3b.gif

You guys are ridiculous getting on Schiano for girth growth. He is trying to do the right thing here by emulating a past mentor, but he’s growing at too slow of a pace. At this rate it will take 5+ years to reach Ralph Friedgan 😉.

Big Pharma and Big Food are in it together. Big Food supplies the food and fuel for the celebration and the consequential ill effects on health including obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Then Big Pharma joins the party, promoting drugs to treat conditions that could be cured by diet and exercise. Keep going to Dunkin Donuts and eating Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, and take a shot of insulin and/or your Ozempic or Jardiance while sitting on the couch and eating more processed garbage. Then let media convince you that being fat is now healthy, and shame anyone who questions this as a fat shamer or throw in the wild card as asserting they are being something else if it affects a certain group of people. Great work if you can get it.

And these companies all donate heavily to politicians who cheerfully do nothing about it and pave the way for the cycle to continue.

17edf54fdfc4193a8ffbd0fd2543d2ac68335e3b.gif
Yep . It’s also way more expensive to eat healthier options .
Dunkin isn’t so bad if you just get black coffee. It’s the mocha dopa chino’s at 500 calories they are the problem

I wouldn't have started the thread but I'll admit all of us in my section who saw GS at the basketball game we're commenting on his weight gain. It's very obvious.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Dunkin isn’t so bad if you just get black coffee. It’s the mocha dopa chino’s at 500 calories they are the problem
it's funny but I also see all the time the heaviest of co-workers will get salads for lunch but they get all the extras like bacon, cheese, avocado, and some sort of cream dressing with bread on the side. lol

As for kids- hell, a lot of us ate a lot of crap- sugar cereals, fatty foods, fried foods soda until it came out your ears, candy etc...but, we were outside playing from dawn to dusk. And we would be so pissed off on cold or rainy days where we were "stuck" inside watching TV.

Is it though? We eat mostly lean red meat, chicken, salmon, vegetables, etc. The ultra-processed foods such as spaghetti, frozen foods, and anything ordered from a fast food or regular restaurant is much more expensive.

I can count on two hands the number of times I buy coffee from a Dunkin or other shop just for coffee.

At home, we drink mostly water and home-brewed iced tea. Much less expensive than sodas, pre-packaged iced teas and "performance" beverages, which are full of all sorts of chemicals.

In rare instances when we are "forced" to go fast food, will usually buy a double burger, toss out the bun, and never get anything fried. Most of the oils restaurants use are very bad.

it's funny but I also see all the time the heaviest of co-workers will get salads for lunch but they get all the extras like bacon, cheese, avocado, and some sort of cream dressing with bread on the side. lol

As for kids- hell, a lot of us ate a lot of crap- sugar cereals, fatty foods, fried foods soda until it came out your ears, candy etc...but, we were outside playing from dawn to dusk. And we would be so pissed off on cold or rainy days where we were "stuck" inside watching TV.
Bacon and avocado are OK, but they are dense in calories. Dressing and bread are killers. Bread is pure sugar. Dressings mostly contain soybean or canola oils, which are deadly over time. I remember I had meal prep for a meeting at our fire station several months ago. I think I went through the entire dressing aisle searching for dressings that did not contain soybean or canola oil. Came up empty.

Now that our kids are grown, no worries about having crappy cereals, "granola" bars, chips etc to pillage.

Yeah, I'm a real party. Watched most every male on my father's side die with diabetes/obesity between 70-75. I don't want to go out like that. Leveraging meals high in protein, which have high satiety, mixed with lesser amounts of healthy carbs and fats has worked wonders. Will have pizza or something "unhealthy" once in a rare while, but feel much better eating well, and I don't miss a lot of the garbage I used to eat regularly.

Is it though? We eat mostly lean red meat, chicken, salmon, vegetables, etc. The ultra-processed foods such as spaghetti, frozen foods, and anything ordered from a fast food or regular restaurant is much more expensive.

I can count on two hands the number of times I buy coffee from a Dunkin or other shop just for coffee.

At home, we drink mostly water and home-brewed iced tea. Much less expensive than sodas, pre-packaged iced teas and "performance" beverages, which are full of all sorts of chemicals.

In rare instances when we are "forced" to go fast food, will usually buy a double burger, toss out the bun, and never get anything fried. Most of the oils restaurants use are very bad.

Bacon and avocado are OK, but they are dense in calories. Dressing and bread are killers. Bread is pure sugar. Dressings mostly contain soybean or canola oils, which are deadly over time. I remember I had meal prep for a meeting at our fire station several months ago. I think I went through the entire dressing aisle searching for dressings that did not contain soybean or canola oil. Came up empty.

Now that our kids are grown, no worries about having crappy cereals, "granola" bars, chips etc to pillage.

Yeah, I'm a real party. Watched most every male on my father's side die with diabetes/obesity between 70-75. I don't want to go out like that. Leveraging meals high in protein, which have high satiety, mixed with lesser amounts of healthy carbs and fats has worked wonders. Will have pizza or something "unhealthy" once in a rare while, but feel much better eating well, and I don't miss a lot of the garbage I used to eat regularly.
I agree with you. For a long time people like me repeated that "it's cheap to eat poorly and expensive to eat healthy." When I really looked into it, I found (for myself, I don't plan on writing a thesis on it) that this was untrue. In my opinion, it became popular to say as a way to excuse the poor, unhealthy diets of many low-income people...

I agree with you. For a long time people like me repeated that "it's cheap to eat poorly and expensive to eat healthy." When I really looked into it, I found (for myself, I don't plan on writing a thesis on it) that this was untrue. In my opinion, it became popular to say as a way to excuse the poor, unhealthy diets of many low-income people...
Also, the long term costs on health (not talking physical) in copays to visit doctors, medicine, having to purchase devices to help you walk, get out of your chair, out of bed, surgeries, hospitals, nursing home etc will far exceed any purported additional cost to eat healthy.

If it came down to it, you could eat extremely healthy and cheap by growing your own vegetables in your garden or in pots indoors. Chicken and beef are not expensive. While salmon and other fish are a bit more expensive sources of protein, smart shopping can lower the cost.

Yes, cheaper to eat cheap and carbohydrate rich meals than salmon, chicken and quality beef. A box of spaghetti is a $1 . Rice is cheap etc .
It’s great you’re eating well and healthy . It’s important . We try in the plum house. I would say we are yo yo dieters. We take it off on diets and put it back on during vacations and holidays. Always exercise and try to keep moving .
Weight can be managed effectively through diet and exercise . It’s not rocket science.

Eating healthy is much more expensive at the store- no matter how you cut it. Rice and pasta is cheap as hell...
Not sure how you can say salmon etc is cheaper. But, with that said- you are also correct that you eat healthy and other costs go down.
Drinking water is also a easy way to cut down on cost and sugar.

We do a lot of salad at our house but we make our own dressing. usually just some virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some dried red pepper flakes in it.
And we may grill up some chicken or salmon to add protein.
I do admit that we do a lot of rice at our house but having a Jamaican wife is to blame lol.
She also does a lot of home cooked soups as well and makes sure everything in it is healthy. we use almost no salts in our cooking.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Perhaps the bios for the coaches and staff could include height and weight, as the players’ bios do.

Greg’s staff features a director of integrated high performance responsible for nutrition, a director of football nutrition, a sports dietitian - football, and and a sports nutrition analyst. Greg should seek advice from these experts.

The human body is generally very fair. Exercise regularly, sleep for recovery and eat well (no processed foods), and you’ll be giving yourself the best possible chance to have a long healthy life.

Perhaps the bios for the coaches and staff could include height and weight, as the players’ bios do.

Greg’s staff features a director of integrated high performance responsible for nutrition, a director of football nutrition, a sports dietitian - football, and and a sports nutrition analyst. Greg should seek advice from these experts.
You guys are running out of things to criticize Greg about so now you go after his weight and looks ? Cant make this shit up.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Also, the long term costs on health (not talking physical) in copays to visit doctors, medicine, having to purchase devices to help you walk, get out of your chair, out of bed, surgeries, hospitals, nursing home etc will far exceed any purported additional cost to eat healthy.

If it came down to it, you could eat extremely healthy and cheap by growing your own vegetables in your garden or in pots indoors. Chicken and beef are not expensive. While salmon and other fish are a bit more expensive sources of protein, smart shopping can lower the cost.
I hope that you don’t talk this way at cocktail parties. People would literally run away from you. 😀

Reactions: Caliknight
I hope that you don’t talk this way at cocktail parties. People would literally run away from you. 😀
I joke about sheep sex, hookers and blow, and poopies at cocktail parties, typically while intentionally wearing highly unfashionable clothes.

When I do it correctly, lots of people literally run away from me. Which is my intent.

Because then I wind up hanging out with all the other fun-loving and light-hearted people, none of whom take themselves too seriously. This is part of my recipe for happiness.

I culturally appropriated it from Bugs Bunny, South Park, Fletch and the like, great role models that they are. 😃

Reactions: MADHAT1
Greg is scheduled for hip replacement surgery very soon, so move more is extremely difficult

If he's dealing with hip issues than that explains it. Having a damaged or arthritic hip can make getting around extremely painful. Hell, it can make getting up off of a chair painful. And it could also prevent him for sitting in deep couches where his hips sink lower than his knees.

If he's dealing with hip issues than that explains it. Having a damaged or arthritic hip can make getting around extremely painful. Hell, it can make getting up off of a chair painful. And it could also prevent him for sitting in deep couches where his hips sink lower than his knees.
Bah. He needs to rub some dirt in it and get back out there.

His players have to grind. He should grind, too (he can grind his hip bone on his... leg bone, or whatever).

When I rotate my head around, I often get plenty of good painful grinding in my neck. You don't see me rushing off like a wuss to get it operated on, do you? No. I grind. Like a man!

GS's parent's generation raised veal, I tell you. Now, our great grandparent's generation? They were tough. If they had a little arthritis or whatnot, they just took out a hammer and pounded the knuckle bones into dust and, eventually, the pain went away.

Nothing like our grandparents and parents and us and our kids and our grandkids and their kids and... and... well you get the idea.

Yes, cheaper to eat cheap and carbohydrate rich meals than salmon, chicken and quality beef. A box of spaghetti is a $1 . Rice is cheap etc .
It’s great you’re eating well and healthy . It’s important . We try in the plum house. I would say we are yo yo dieters. We take it off on diets and put it back on during vacations and holidays. Always exercise and try to keep moving .
Weight can be managed effectively through diet and exercise . It’s not rocket science.
Was gonna say ...pasta $1, sauce a couple more. And that's technically 8 servings ... could feed a family for a day or two.

And it'll last. So much of the US is set up to shop once a week or less. Fresh vegetables and fruits don't necessarily last like that.

Not suggesting eating healthy is that hard, but eating poorly is definitely easier and cheaper.

Have found it to often be a pick three (sometimes two): make it healthy, cheap, quick/easy to prepare, flavorful.

Was gonna say ...pasta $1, sauce a couple more. And that's technically 8 servings ... could feed a family for a day or two.

And it'll last. So much of the US is set up to shop once a week or less. Fresh vegetables and fruits don't necessarily last like that.

Not suggesting eating healthy is that hard, but eating poorly is definitely easier and cheaper.

Have found it to often be a pick three (sometimes two): make it healthy, cheap, quick/easy to prepare, flavorful.
Has this thread pivoted to poverty? Pardon my privilege, but are most people meal planning around a $3 meal for a family?

There are a.lot of varieties of low carb pastas that are healthier than the processed garbage brands. Also, choosing a tomato sauce that is not laden with sugar is important.

Here is a great promotion by the American Diabetes Association that came up in my Twitter feed. They are clowning people.

Has this thread pivoted to poverty? Pardon my privilege, but are most people meal planning around a $3 meal for a family?

There are a.lot of varieties of low carb pastas that are healthier than the processed garbage brands. Also, choosing a tomato sauce that is not laden with sugar is important.

Here is a great promotion by the American Diabetes Association that came up in my Twitter feed. They are clowning people.

I don’t think any comments are to call you out for privilege. Just pointing out that it is cheaper at the grocery store to eat like shit.
I’ve made the statement but I also get my deliveries from Wholefood and also shop at the market basket up here in Franklin Lakes. We have stated buying Bell & Evans chicken- and my biggest complaint of it all is that Organic Fruits seem to ripe and go bad too fast. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT