ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano still working on the OC

Total out of nowhere guess. Not hired yet because still coaching. One or both of the two-

Craig Ver Steeg -RU OC from RU 2003-06, left for Baltimore Ravens in 2008, still at Ravens as RB Coach.

Tee Martin- Tennessee QB 1996-99, OC at USC 2016-18, WR Coach at Tenn 2019-20. Now at Ravens as WR Coach.
Tee was a top recruiter while at USC. He ran a pro-style offense

Interesting comment from 2011 article on Bleacher Report by Jayson Love after 2010 Season (not totally accurate:

"The Knights also lost a quality offensive coordinator in Craig Ver Steeg, who left to coach quarterbacks for the Baltimore Ravens in 2007.

Rutgers never replaced Ver Steeg's ability to coach quarterbacks after the 2007 season. "

Who deserves the credit for Teel's development? Teel, VerSteeg or someone else?

Rutgers Football: Bevvy Of Coaching Changes In Big East, Schiano Shakes Up Staff | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

One other not related article found from 2011 by the Bleacher Report writer Jayson Love:
"Last month, Philadelphia columnist Mike Kern of PhillyNews.com reported that sources were telling him RU had been telling recruits it was planning on moving to the Big Ten "sooner than later.""

Rutgers Football: Are Recruits Being Taken for a Ride or to Be Applauded? | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Total out of nowhere guess. Not hired yet because still coaching. One or both of the two-

Craig Ver Steeg -RU OC from RU 2003-06, left for Baltimore Ravens in 2008, still at Ravens as RB Coach.

Tee Martin- Tennessee QB 1996-99, OC at USC 2016-18, WR Coach at Tenn 2019-20. Now at Ravens as WR Coach.

Interesting comment from 2011 article on Bleacher Report by Jayson Love after 2010 Season (not totally accurate:

"The Knights also lost a quality offensive coordinator in Craig Ver Steeg, who left to coach quarterbacks for the Baltimore Ravens in 2007.

Rutgers never replaced Ver Steeg's ability to coach quarterbacks after the 2007 season. "

Rutgers Football: Bevvy Of Coaching Changes In Big East, Schiano Shakes Up Staff | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

One other not related article found from 2011 by the Bleacher Report writer Jayson Love:
"Last month, Philadelphia columnist Mike Kern of PhillyNews.com reported that sources were telling him RU had been telling recruits it was planning on moving to the Big Ten "sooner than later.""

Rutgers Football: Are Recruits Being Taken for a Ride or to Be Applauded? | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report
If he is waiting on an NFL running backs coach that would be a disgrace. If that is his first choice that individual should have been in place weeks ago.

The only problem is there no rule about having to wait until the season over to announce a NFL hire especially a position coach. Why would they not announce it? Schools announce NFL hires before the end of the season and they finish the season.

If he is waiting on an NFL running backs coach that would be a disgrace. If that is his first choice that individual should have been in place weeks ago.
I think it’s pretty clear that his ‘first choice’ rejected the job. Heck likely several have rejected the job. Greg Schiano is an embarrassment

The only problem is there no rule about having to wait until the season over to announce a NFL hire especially a position coach. Why would they not announce it? Schools announce NFL hires before the end of the season and they finish the season.
Nothing makes any sense at this point, does it?

I now think he's waiting for Gavin to graduate so he can hire Gavin as OC.

Or maybe he's going to run the First Down Punt package for the O next year and only needs a special team co-ordinator?

Think the source of the problem has been found. The pay sucks:

Recruitment/Posting TitleAssistant Coach, Football

Position Salary
Annual Minimum Salary0.000
Annual Mid Range Salary0.000
Annual Maximum Salary0.000

If there isn’t any reports by tomorrow, good chance I’m applying.
I have a degree (from Rutgers!!) and a drivers license.

Those seem to be the only hard requirements.

Awesome, we can finally roll out the Annexation of Puerto Rico play.

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
Look, if Greg worked for you and saw how he managed staff throughout the years and then this, you'd fire him. If you didn't, your boss would most likely question your judgement. hard fact of life

But can you be totally oblivious to bad QB throwing mechanics and the inability to read defenses? Can you build an offense where potentially good RBs are spectators while a QB turned TE runs into a pile of defenders on 3rd down for no yardage? Can you turn the punter into the team MVP? If so, you're on the short list.

Look, if Greg worked for you and saw how he managed staff throughout the years and then this, you'd fire him. If you didn't, your boss would most likely question your judgement. hard fact of life

This is not a corporate environment. You want your marine drill sargeants and football coaches to be assholes, because they are in charge of whipping immature kids into shape, and making sure the staff is on point. We saw what the results with easy going Flood and Ash were.

Not everyone is cut out to be a Div I Coach or even assistant. The hours are long and the work can be tedious. But having one of these jobs is a privilege and People are getting paid big money to produce. Coaches have the option of joining the regular workforce like the rest of us. They chose this life. They can grow from the experience, like Mario Cristobal and PJ Fleck, or they can find something else.

Along with not bringing in a QB last year- this is tops in dis functional-
Many other college teams have been in need for a much shorter time and are not still waiting.
If it end up Nunzio- who has been a warrior for us, it is also a horrible look as that should have happened immediately-
Unless FS pulls a HR out of the CG or NFL, there is just no good way to spin this.

37.5 hours per week?
That's what stood out to me, too.

I mean, hell, if that's all the effort the job entails, then I'd consider doing it for a paltry $750K per year. No need for the full $1M.

Don't even have to include incentives on top of that.

This is not a corporate environment. You want your marine drill sargeants and football coaches to be assholes, because they are in charge of whipping immature kids into shape, and making sure the staff is on point. We saw what the results with easy going Flood and Ash were.

Not everyone is cut out to be a Div I Coach or even assistant. The hours are long and the work can be tedious. But having one of these jobs is a privilege and People are getting paid big money to produce. Coaches have the option of joining the regular workforce like the rest of us. They chose this life. They can grow from the experience, like Mario Cristobal and PJ Fleck, or they can find something else.
Actually, the HC position at an FBS school, especially a P5 school, is closely related to the type of job duties required of a CEO job at a medium sized corporation. And if you actually listen to current and former HCs they will tell you that there are a lot of similar management skills required for both jobs. I don't know what is going on with Greg and this open OC position, but the longer it lingers it does bring into question his ability to successfully manage this program and move it forward.

Has Sean Gleeson landed anywhere or are we still on the hook for his entire salary next year?

I'm not on Twitter or the Round Table but are there even any rumors?
Reports of interviews or the AD/HC contacting anyone?

Obviously AD Hobbs and HC Schiano haven't been sitting around drinking margaritas on the beach.
Where are the insiders?

Obviously AD Hobbs and HC Schiano haven't been sitting around drinking margaritas on the beach.
Where are the insiders?
As far as twitter and the mainstream CFB media, I haven't seen one thing about RU from any of the reporters I follow.

Reactions: RUaMoose

Where are the insiders?
It’s radio silence. Just like the injuries this year, no word out about anything. All I’ve heard is they’ve interviewed OCs who “are a dual-threat type of offensive coordinators and are going to be comfortable with their quarterbacks.” and run a “balanced attack”. Really narrows it down lol. And those both came from an interview with Ajani Shappard when he committed. Besides that not a peep from anyone.

Where are the insiders?
"Where are the insiders?"
on twitter and the round table 😁

• Haha
Reactions: NickRU714
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT