ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT...Talk me into premium

RUfubar

Junior
Mar 1, 2007
Can I have a concise explanation of the added value of premium.... I know this has been asked many times before. There just seems to be a lot of pollution on the free board in regard to the team the last few months.

Aside from details that the writers/contributors give you throughout the year that don't make their way to the free board, it is a small amount to reward the hard work that feeds this information down the line. Bobby, Shawn, Richie, John and others provide more than $10 a month of news/information/entertainment to me. That is primarily why I subscribe.

It is bar none the best place to get recruiting info. The writers rate NJ players based on what they see on a football field, not from a 5 minute HUDL tape. They make sure they go to NJ games all season. And they get inside information that are days, weeks, and in one or two occasions even months before anyone else. As said above every Friday is the Fat Cat, there is always information in there you will never get anywhere else.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
You don’t have to sift through posts whining that Rutgers doesn’t do enough to be successful but then seriously suggest that we hire a HS coach for under a million bucks to get us over the top.

Joe P.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfubar
The free side doesn't happen without the premium side. Support the guys that bring this platform to us and help provide such great content.

I haven't been to the premium board in years but I'm signed up. Right thing to do in my opinion.

I'm come here for all weather, Honda Civic and the size of football players heads need I can handle.

As someone said earlier... free board does not happen without premium.

• Free car washes for life
  • True location of Central Jersey revealed
  • Insider deals on Honda Accords
  • Exclusive coupons for London Broil steaks

Information on the Hillsborough Deli revealed (with exclusive MILF photos)

Can I have a concise explanation of the added value of premium.... I know this has been asked many times before. There just seems to be a lot of pollution on the free board in regard to the team the last few months.
Honest assessment

cons:
- The level of crap posting/sniping/BS has steadily risen over the years. It's not to the level of the free board, mostly due to lack of opponent fans, but sometimes it's indistinguishable.
- Info gets out a LOT more nowadays. Used to have exclusive nuggets for weeks or at least days. That is down to hours/minutes.

pros:
- @John Otterstedt is a legitimate good guy who tries to run a fair site. Throwing him a bone keeps this environment in an adult's hands.
- (Almost) No opponent fan presence. I can't tell you how refreshing that can be.
- It probably helps pay @bobby deren 's salary. We are lucky to have him, I'm shocked he hasn't moved up the career chain yet.

Weighing it all out, to me, it's worth it.

General rule of thumb is; if you need to be talked into something, it's not for you or holds little value that you probably can do without.

Reactions: retired711
Honest assessment
cons:
- The level of crap posting/sniping/BS has steadily risen over the years. It's not to the level of the free board, mostly due to lack of opponent fans, but sometimes it's indistinguishable.
- Info gets out a LOT more nowadays. Used to have exclusive nuggets for weeks or at least days. That is down to hours/minutes.
pros:
- John Otterstedt is a legitimate good guy who tries to run a fair site. Throwing him a bone keeps this environment in an adult's hands.
- (Almost) No opponent fan presence. I can't tell you how refreshing that can be.
- It probably helps pay Bobby Deren's salary. We are lucky to have him, I'm shocked he hasn't moved up the career chain yet.
This is a very good analysis.

The Free Board is a bit of the Wild West with the amount of posters we have cycling through here. We get a small amount of opponent posters, some of whom really foul up the board on rare occasions. The Round Table (RT) doesn't have that. You also get input on the RT from people who are clued into the HS sports community or have other connections. And the discussion and analysis is a lot better there than here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT