ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: Tennessee Football

Hated what they did.

Hate the coach, fine. But don’t smear the person. F- Tennessee. But certainly better off

Branding him as somehow at fault in the Sandusky thing was insccurate, but all is fair in love and war. And to this day they don’t regret not hiring him, nor should they.

They demand winners there, and Jones’ failure doesn’t mean Schiano would have been better.

Sure looks like they got it right this time though. I think they will beat Bama on Sat.

Branding him as somehow at fault in the Sandusky thing was insccurate, but all is fair in love and war. And to this day they don’t regret not hiring him, nor should they.

They demand winners there, and Jones’ failure doesn’t mean Schiano would have been better.

Sure looks like they got it right this time though. I think they will beat Bama on Sat.
It wasn’t actually Jones it was Pruitt and he left behind a big mess in his wake.

The bigger theme is any mess can be fixed and it doesn’t take forever if you have the right person. Kansas 4 coaches in 10 years and they finally found the right person and he’s doing a good job digging them out of a huge hole. Heupel same in a different way. Rhule at Baylor as well. There are others.

Last edited:
Wait til this weeks game and report back…
If Alabama has Young, they're definitely formidable enough to beat Tenn but if he's out I think Tenn has the edge. If they turn it over the way they did against Tenn, I'd expect Tenn to turn those into points even more than A&M did with their bumbling offense.

I mean even with Young, Texas was playing with them toe to toe even after Ewers went out. Texas may have won with Ewers. I think Alabama's corners are vulnerable and I'd think Tenn can take advantage of that more than most teams in the country but we'll see.

Reactions: ashokan
Really begging for attention, huh.
This comes to mind after seeing other posts by OP:

c351896d-f927-4a3f-9feb-d2f95dfd5e6d_text.gif

Reactions: letitrip2
Whew. Them boys are destroying Alabama. Looking like a top 2 team in the country. Well deserved, and much respect to them

Reactions: gigantor1024
Passionate fan base who has embraced NIL and you can see the results of it. Die hard fans don’t just buy tickets to games and tailgate they help them where it really counts. More $$$$ and less excuses did anyone think this was not going to happen with NIL?

yep the bullet was dodged by hiring a HC that wound up with less wins than the 18 Level-1 violations Tennessee had during his three year tenure as the Vol's HC .
Tennessee fired that great hire ( as you seem to think) for cause in January 2021.
Also fired AD & Tennessee legend Phil Fulmer.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Their captain just got charged with a felony too. That’s the 3rd guy in 2 months. They aren’t trying to play clean, they just want to win at all costs.

i want to win too, but not with criminals.

Great win by Tenn. That's a fanbase who truly cares. For that they deserve this success. It obvious they truly cared, when they refused to accept Schiano. An unknown was more desirable, than wasting time with a guy, you know can't win. Unfortunately, we're a different kind. Not only did we welcome it. We demanded, and celebrated it 😕

Amazing upset by Tennessee today if you want to call it that. Schiano wouldn’t have them even close to this level. Amazing what our fan base settles for.
but the present Tenn HC wasn't the one hired after Greg was kept from the job and since he wasn't the probability of your being right is tempered by the way you and I feel .
I won't claim Schiano would make Tennessee great, but won't say he'd fail.
Just like I won't call Schiano2 a failing proposition until I see how year 4 turns out.
Sometimes programs take a step back, like this season tends to look like, before hitting solid ground and moving forward at a good pace.

I wasn't expecting instant gratification, I felt it would take time to reach respectability.
But don't know if Greg cam make RU FB one of the top programs like we demand

23 players in the transfer portal when Heupel took over. A season later, they're torching The Saban Death Star for 52 points and making it look easy. A couple of weeks ago, Washington State hung 41 on a ranked Oregon team with a transfer QB from Incarnate Word. Why is it so difficult for RU to build a functional offense?

Last edited:
but the present Tenn HC wasn't the one hired after Greg was kept from the job and since he wasn't the probability of your being right is tempered by the way you and I feel .
I won't claim Schiano would make Tennessee great, but won't say he'd fail.
Just like I won't call Schiano2 a failing proposition until I see how year 4 turns out.
Sometimes programs take a step back, like this season tends to look like, before hitting solid ground and moving forward at a good pace.

I wasn't expecting instant gratification, I felt it would take time to reach respectability.
But don't know if Greg cam make RU FB one of the top programs like we demand
It doesn’t matter. Schiano would have been fired if he put up what he does at RU at Tennessee. The point is we strive for garbage where as actual D1 programs want to be good at football.

Tennessee makes it to Natty their QB will be 24 years and 361 days old.

how many QB’s 25 or younger have won Super Bowl

I will take their 24 year old QB over our 24 year old QB any day.

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
It doesn’t matter. Schiano would have been fired if he put up what he does at RU at Tennessee. The point is we strive for garbage where as actual D1 programs want to be good at football.
In Rutgers Cuckoo Land the "real fans" are ok with losses and bad play and being told to wait year after year while being asked for more money and the "fake fans," "trolls" and "Syracuse fans" want the team to win or at least show some promise.

Yeah they would have ran that Yankee out of Knoxville. They don’t have the patience for sub 500 seasons, especially from a Yankee😀

Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
Amazing upset by Tennessee today if you want to call it that. Schiano wouldn’t have them even close to this level. Amazing what our fan base settles for.

do you now realize what a ridiculous whiff your OP was?!?

Allow me to make it clear for you once more: the guy they chose instead of Schiano was an absolute dumpster fire

this is the guy that replaced that dumpster fire thus your Schiano comparison was a total swing-and-a-miss.

golf fall GIF

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT