ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: UConn v Gonzaga at MSG

dobut thats okay people assure me that the big ten who has a whopping 6 of 14 schools going this year will take care of scheduling concerns...consider that Indiana, Iowa, and Ohio State with 19-13 type records are not close to making the tournment.....need a schedule upgrade for sure

add 4 schools who had mediocre seasons this year will only dumb down the conference next season

Reactions: Local Shill
dobut thats okay people assure me that the big ten who has a whopping 6 of 14 schools going this year will take care of scheduling concerns...consider that Indiana, Iowa, and Ohio State with 19-13 type records are not close to making the tournment.....need a schedule upgrade for sure

add 4 schools who had mediocre seasons this year will only dumb down the conference next season
We are definitely in the big ten being found out stage of conference strength or lack there of. Took a while for people to see I think.

I don't think this is a new series, UConn played out in Seattle this year. This is just confirming the date.

Give me Vegas, Seton Hall and a P6 home and home

We are definitely in the big ten being found out stage of conference strength or lack there of. Took a while for people to see I think.
basically most leagues now have figured out a way to manipulate net so crappy 500 schools and even sub 500 schools like Cal, ASU, LSU, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Michigan all count as Q2 road games...meaning its tough to ever have bad road losses

the trick is to play a few teams ooc and win...stop being afraid and wanting to perpetually be a bubble team

Reactions: Rhuarc

BAC is 100% spot on here. It is a huge issue which needs to be corrected beyond Izzo, who will play anyone,anywhere and is playing UConn in Hawaii in November. The Garden has a college tenant and will jump backwards over barrels to get Duke and UConn,in no particular order. That has been true for years. I hope Rutgers gets Vegas and kudos if that happens. But Rutgers does have a chance to play Arkansas in Newark, along with Maryland-Nova. We shall see. Adding UCLA,Oregon and Washington is not helping anyone's NET. USC might.

plus im getting emails for gazelle games and legends classics involving st joes, syracuse texas tech and another southern school and wondering why we are not there for 2 days in legends classic..sigh
RU was never in the conversation for the Legends at Barclays, was in convos to play Arkansas in the Empire at Pru but that’s dead, still have a possibility to play Ark in the Never Forget at Pru.

Reactions: fatsam98
RU was never in the conversation for the Legends at Barclays, was in convos to play Arkansas in the Empire at Pru but that’s dead, still have a possibility to play Ark in the Never Forget at Pru.
interesting...Arkansas kind of fell off the map this year, i suppose it ends up being Q2 on a neutral court

BAC is 100% spot on here. It is a huge issue which needs to be corrected beyond Izzo, who will play anyone,anywhere and is playing UConn in Hawaii in November. The Garden has a college tenant and will jump backwards over barrels to get Duke and UConn,in no particular order. That has been true for years. I hope Rutgers gets Vegas and kudos if that happens. But Rutgers does have a chance to play Arkansas in Newark, along with Maryland-Nova. We shall see. Adding UCLA,Oregon and Washington is not helping anyone's NET. USC might.
yeah those schools do not exactly schedule tough and in general the big ten scheduled weak...look at Nebraska..they did Creighton/KSU but after that was like the worst of the worst.

schedule Houston, take the loss but reap the sos stuff seems like Houston is always in the top 5 for everything

Vegas NIL tourney or it’ll be more of the same, we will be hoping for a late announced neutral site one off

RU v Arkansas is a real "who cares" game. There are probably 40 schools I'd rather see us play.
This feels just like the Mississippi State game. A lower-half brand from a P5 conf who we will probably lose to but not enough of a name draw to get people to show up.

Next year is the year we should be playing Kentucky, Duke, Arizona, do the Izzo scheduling. Playing a game in MSG, maybe Brooklyn, a west coast/tropical tourney. PLEASE Pike

Reactions: RU at the shore
RU v Arkansas is a real "who cares" game. There are probably 40 schools I'd rather see us play.
they have been good...normally a ncaa type team, this year fell off the map so we need to see what the prognosis is for next year. This is the type of game we should be scheduling though, it doesnt have to be top 10 schools

This feels just like the Mississippi State game. A lower-half brand from a P5 conf who we will probably lose to but not enough of a name draw to get people to show up.

Next year is the year we should be playing Kentucky, Duke, Arizona, do the Izzo scheduling. Playing a game in MSG, maybe Brooklyn, a west coast/tropical tourney. PLEASE Pike
stop it, there is no reason to play those schools, no one cares about attendance its about building the best schedule to help your resume

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT