ADVERTISEMENT

SESSION 3- NCAA WRESTLING THREAD: 11am, ESPNU TV, ESPN3

Overall the B1G is looking real strong. Does Rutgers have the pipeline of wrestlers to continue being highly competitive after Ashnault leaves? I know Suriano is here for another year or two, but is anyone else coming up to be that level?

Overall the B1G is looking real strong. Does Rutgers have the pipeline of wrestlers to continue being highly competitive after Ashnault leaves? I know Suriano is here for another year or two, but is anyone else coming up to be that level?
I'll just say we lose a lot this year. So enjoy it while it lasts. Unless we get some transfers in we won't finish anywhere close to this year.

We have Aragona coming in next year who looks pretty good.

However, we have no one coming in at the level of Ashnault right now.

Mehki Lewis, Va Tch, Bound Brook, knocks off Alex Marinelli ! wow.
There goes my 2 brackets ,lol

Reactions: R U Crazy
Wish Mekhi Lewis went to RU!! Argggg hopefully Glasgow see’s his former teammate, gets healthy, and lights a fire under him for next year

Dellavecchia from Rider still in it at 165. Match Glasgow could have won this year IIRC

Dellavecchia from Rider still in it at 165. Match Glasgow could have won this year IIRC

Absolutely - Redshirt him next year and build him up again to be strong at 157.Make sure he is healthy and ready to go.Lewis a Bound brook teammate should light a burning desire to get to the mountain top.

Reactions: tfio
If Nick and/or Ash win it all, I think you’ll see a bump in recruiting. In multiple sports!

There have been wrestling and track conference champions. You can win an individual title at RU in the B1G. We’ve seen it!

Once someone wins an NCAA title it will show it can be done at RU!

You see bumps up in multiple sports ... second-team gymnast ... 2 swimmers in top 3 ... 4 time indoor 400M ... 2 wrestlers this year.

That is the next step in RUs evolution!!!! The step to make noise in the NCAA!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Wasn't pretty, but damn Joe you won. Great job on avenging that early season loss.

Awesome conclusion to this round. 4-0
Now we see if they can get to the blood round.

Last edited:
Yes!!!!!
The Great Grello!!!!

4 still alive!

Way to represent this round!
2 pins!
10-3 decision!
And getting that escape with :02 in OT!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: rondi and R U Crazy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT