ADVERTISEMENT

Simon

Pils86

Senior
Sep 21, 2008
Gotta assume he is gone after this season. No reason for Vedral to come in after Wimsatt hurt, game was over and Simon needs experience. Cole doing well after transferring. Schiano better be working on bring two qb's in asap, at least one portal. All the eggs are in the Wimsatt basket, he did make some nice throws, hope he improves on accuracy, touch, decision making and can stay healthy.

I'll catch hell I'm sure, but I still think he's the best pure passer on the team. Yeah he threw some picks but all three of them do. I'd rather at least have some hope of a competent passing game and deal with some turnovers than the hopelessness of what we watched today

Simon is a good thrower
But there's that old saying "only three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad"
Sure he needs to get work but Vedral was really the guy to start this year imo

Simon is a good thrower
But there's that old saying "only three things can happen when you pass and two of them are bad"
Sure he needs to get work but Vedral was really the guy to start this year imo
I get it. But Vedral is really only effective when three things fall into place perfectly. 1. Defense plays lights out 2. We can run the ball effectively 3. We don't fall behind. If any one of those factors doesn't happen and we have to throw, it's over. Hell if we get a false start and get off schedule, it's over. At some point you're going to need to throw.

Simon is very tough. He won’t play for us anymore. Both sides need to move on. Expect to see a very different QB room next year

Maybe next season he'll be at a mid major prograsm doing good and have some of the posters here post like he's the cat's meow that got away

Let’s not make this a self fulfilling prophecy. Not ready to throw Simon under the bus just yet. Simon beat BC, beat Wagner, and beat Temple. So he has potential.

Wimsatt is unlikely to last the entire season, next year, so you need a backup. With Wimsatt clearly entrenched as #1, our choices will be limited, in terms of the caliber of qb we will be able to land. Mike Teel and Gary Nova also struggled in their first year of action. And Simon has demonstrated potential, so I hope he sticks around and gets better.

Maybe next season he'll be at a mid major prograsm doing good and have some of the posters here post like he's the cat's meow that got away

Cat's meow is too low a standard.

I won't post unless he's at least the bee's knee's.

• Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
Let’s not make this a self fulfilling prophecy. Not ready to throw Simon under the bus just yet. Simon beat BC, beat Wagner, and beat Temple. So he has potential.

Wimsatt is unlikely to last the entire season, next year, so you need a backup. With Wimsatt clearly entrenched as #1, our choices will be limited, in terms of the caliber of qb we will be able to land. Mike Teel and Gary Nova also struggled in their first year of action. And Simon has demonstrated potential, so I hope he sticks around and gets better.
Ihope he sticks around, but with Gavin entrenced as the future starter , Evan might use the portal looking for a program he feels will give him more opportunity to be the starter.
One thing is sure,RU needs to find a back-up from the portal if they can't land a talented qb for the class of 2023 if Simon is the only QB capable of relieving Wimsatt with Noah gone

Ihope he sticks around, but with Gavin entrenced as the future starter , Evan might use the portal looking for a program he feels will give him more opportunity to be the starter.
One thing is sure,RU needs to find a back-up from the portal if they can't land a talented qb for the class of 2023 if Simon is the only QB capable of relieving Wimsatt with Noah gone
Qb’s commit early, unfortunately there’s no one left in the 2023 class to target. Just for reference, there’s only 3 of the top 50 qb recruits not committed in the 23’ class, the highest ranked of those uncommitted is #39 at his position, and all 3 are from California. It’s a tough sell to get a guy in the portal to come backup a sophomore. This isn’t a pile on, it’s simply my biggest gripe with schiano. It’s gross negligence at the most important position on the field

Reactions: LETSGORU91

This might blow your mind Al but we agree here. Like it or not Simon is probably our best option as a backup next year. Not an easy sell to get a transfer to come to Rutgers to backup a sophomore and its too late to get a 23’ commit at the position

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT