ADVERTISEMENT

Simon deserves some reps

TommyGunn

Sophomore
Oct 1, 2001
By all accounts Wimsatt is a great kid and an awesome ambassador to the program. But this level of qb play is not acceptable, and worse yet, he’s not improving. Accuracy and decision making aren’t there and doubt they will ever be.

I don’t think Simon’s the answer either but in limited time this year he looked solid. He needs to get some playtime. We can’t keep putting blind faith in GW without results.

By all accounts Wimsatt is a great kid and an awesome ambassador to the program. But this level of qb play is not acceptable, and worse yet, he’s not improving. Accuracy and decision making aren’t there and doubt they will ever be.

I don’t think Simon’s the answer either but in limited time this year he looked solid. He needs to get some playtime. We can’t keep putting blind faith in GW without results.
@mikemarc1 is that you?? F-ing loser.

If we win 8 games, does Wimsatt deserve to be the QB? We do not have a 6-2 record without him. Our receiving core is not talented enough for a pure passer to have gotten us to 6 wins. Like it or not, he is one of the reasons we are where we are.

That's a little much.

Our last possession.. running out the clock with Wimsatt?

What's wrong with sending Simon out there? Might hurt Wimsatt's feelings? you handle that. Say we are keeping him safe for rest of games on schedule instead of seeing what Simon could do in 2 minutes.

All good. Lots of people on this board go overboard with personal shots…lol.

Reactions: RUInDaBronx
Seriously?? You couldn't wait to come on here and complain after the game, team, coaches etc. Sure you are having a great time. You hate Rutgers. It's what you do!

again, love Rutgers..hate where our program had been the Last few years

Wimsatt should have been running more.
OSU and RU are both top 5 for pass defense.
Gavin should not have been making corner throws in EZ with smallish WRs when you ran rampant all day.
NE runs bubble screens, shovel passses etc on goal - Bama stacks WR at LOS and DBs dont know where they break.

With RU everything in RZ offense is beans-n-franks

If we win 8 games, does Wimsatt deserve to be the QB? We do not have a 6-2 record without him. Our receiving core is not talented enough for a pure passer to have gotten us to 6 wins. Like it or not, he is one of the reasons we are where we are.

If we had even one Carroo or Underwood caliber WR never mind a Sanu or Britt people would be singing Wimsatt's praise. He got us 6 wins with what we have and contending with the big boys.

second post I opened since watching a really good quality College football team - You are an F'ing idiot

Would Carroo or Britt be more open then dremel was ??
They would have ran underneath and caught it over the shoulder...or layed out for it...Dremel the best receiver and ran a hell of a route, best footwork on the team, wimsatt put too much on that throw but I would have liked to see Dremel go get that one, lay out for it..

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Another thing people don't seem to understand....that delayed hand off some of you complain about is part of the reason monangai is on his way to 1,000 yards this year..it causes the defense to pause because of the threat of Gavin taking off. I'd like to see him keep it more, but the coaches are developing him slowly... patience is a virtue..

Wimsatt is a RS soph. This season is like putting money in the back for a payoff next year. The hope is that he can work through some of his issues with accuracy. The big question I have is whether Monangai is back next year. If he is, I like our prospects.

Wimsatt is a RS soph. This season is like putting money in the back for a payoff next year. The hope is that he can work through some of his issues with accuracy. The big question I have is whether Monangai is back next year. If he is, I like our prospects.
He is a Red Shirt Junior!

No, he doesn't need more reps. He's not as good an all-around QB as Gavin. And the coaching staff knows more than we do about that. Rutgers doesn't get to 6 wins with Simon in there. Deal with it.

He is a Red Shirt Junior!
Wrong, he is a soph. Stick with him, he needs to work at getting better with vertical throws and he needs to understand coverages better. He is a better runner and has a big arm. They need to continue to develop him. Next year and the year after with increased playing experience, he could become a difference maker for them. Don’t listen to the haters.

Wrong, he is a soph. Stick with him, he needs to work at getting better with vertical throws and he needs to understand coverages better. He is a better runner and has a big arm. They need to continue to develop him. Next year and the year after with increased playing experience, he could become a difference maker for them. Don’t listen to the haters.
No he is not a sophomore. Do you stupid people understand the Red Shirt rule? Obviously not! He is a Red shirt Junior. Says right there on the Rutgers Roster that I posted.

Reactions: RUTGERS95

First of all, I agree that Gavin isn’t great (particularly his accuracy) but….

If you can’t see his improvement from last year than you’re just a f$&kin idiot

No he wasn’t “great” today but going up against one of the top defenses in the country he was NOT terrible.

Do people REALLY think Simon is a better option?!! Really?!?!? There’s no better option right now so bitching about Gavin at this point is just ridiculous.

But agree: next year - best player gets the job. Will it be gavin? We shall see

The argument about whether he is a RS soph or junior: bottom line - how many years left? I have to assume that first year (when he came early doesn’t count) so he has TWO years after this year. Correct?

No he is not a sophomore. Do you stupid people understand the Red Shirt rule? Obviously not! He is a Red shirt Junior. Says right there on the Rutgers Roster that I posted.
Hey pal, I’m not stupid. You don’t understand basic things and are incredibly dense with many things. He signed with RU in 2021 as a HS Sr. He redshirted in that year. He played last year and this year, that makes him a RS Soph. Pathetic.

Hey pal, I’m not stupid. You don’t understand basic things and are incredibly dense with many things. He signed with RU in 2021 as a HS Sr. He redshirted in that year. He played last year and this year, that makes him a RS Soph. Pathetic.
Yes you are stupid!! He is a Red Shirt Junior. Go look at the Rutgers Roster dope. His red shirt year makes him a Junior. With two years eligibility. I knew you didn't understand it.

Yes you are stupid!! He is a Red Shirt Junior. Go look at the Rutgers Roster dope. His red shirt year makes him a Junior. With two years eligibility. I knew you didn't understand it. What a dope.

WhiteBus - fighting and name calling as usual. Just an unnecessarily angry guy.

Really who gives a crap about whether his label his RS soph or RS junior. Let’s be real - his career has been a bit unorthodox (coming here early, etc) so it’s entirely understandable that people might be confused

Bottom line: after this year he has two years. Can someone other than whitebus confirm?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT