kcg88

Heisman Winner
Aug 11, 2017
-Oakland leads Michigan 31-29 at halftime
-Mt. St. Mary's led Maryland with 9:00 to play
-UMass Lowell led Ohio State with 11:20 to play
-Illinois needed a late rally to beat Ohio
-VMI led Penn State by 12 in the first half

Could be that the Big Ten just isn't as good as we thought, too.

Reactions: Scangg and zebnatto
or could it be the absence of fans is hurting these teams, since most of these games were hosted by the B1G team. Has the same thing been happening in other P5 conferences?

what do you mean "not just rutgers". I am pretty sure we beat an NCAA team by double digits. Think positive dude.

or could it be the absence of fans is hurting these teams, since most of these games were hosted by the B1G team. Has the same thing been happening in other P5 conferences?
YOu know.. I had that thought today.. when the RAC short was being shown. And related to football as well.. like Penn State. They are so used to more home games.. and big supportive crowds.. that maybe the lack of that is hurting the good teams much more than the average teams. Especially in football.. maybe Penn State and Michigan are what they are because of the big home field advantage.

Normal routines have changed due to the Covid-19. No teams had a regular preseason, such as secret scrimmages or the usual number of practices before the first game. Some programs had to stop because of outbreaks. No one was able to get into the swing of things. The same goes for football, and that's why you see some upsets in both sports. These are 18-22 kids who don't have the ability to focus all the time like professional athletes.

Is the B1G down? I don't think so. 2020 is an unusual year where the usual is unusual.

Reactions: Scangg

So our small time trailing FDU means we are looking better than the rest of the B1G! Lol I'm guessing there are always fans crying that their team sucks in every fan base but I'm sure most arent worried. These things happen

These are the same closer scores we see every season around the country. One game is a 50 point blowout and the next is a life and death struggle against mediocrity. I don't think this year is out of line with what normally happens

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT