ADVERTISEMENT

Some football board members hearing it looks good...

I mean, it's better than multiple WTF seasons.
Not sure we've had multiple WTF seasons yet. For me, this season is the first WTF season of the Ash era.

Back when Flood was fired, I figured the rebuild would be closer to 10 years than 3 years. The problem this season is that, while I expected steps backwards among any steps forwards, this season was more of a leap backwards than just a step backwards. Very troubling.

So I'm okay firing Ash, as long as we hire somebody with a winning record of head coaching experience. But unless we hire somebody huge, I see the rebuild as still being closer to 10 than to 3 years. And there will be steps backwards, seasons in which we do worse than the season before.

Agree. I think that RU is Greg’s last resort, safety school. He will only come here if we are his best offer. And he will want us to pay full rate for a B1G HC.

He will look for a 5-7 year commitment and can reach retirement living off of our contract.

I don’t want RU to hire someone in Greg’s situation. As someone posted in another thread, Greg is starting to resemble Randy Edsall. That isn’t good for RU.
Totally agree. I think it was a great fit the last time he was here. I think it's probably a poor fit for both parties this time around. It would, to me, represent a pretty big compromise for him and for us.

Reactions: MoobyCow
I agree with everything you said, except that IMO Ash didn't have the credentials to be successful at Rutgers. Any head coach at Rutgers should have previous college head coaching experience and connections to the northeast. That being said I agree that the Flood hire was worse and did more damage.
Disagree that Flood worse hire than Ash. Flood had a eye for under the radar talent. Ash inherited 5-6 win talent in 2016 and ruined it with that distaster Mehringer chuck & duck offense scam and his dislike of Floods players and splitting the locker room.

Reactions: LC-88 and hiwater
I really don't view Schiano as a realistic hire (in terms of his wanting to come here) unless he can't find work elsewhere. Even if we reach out to him, I would think he'd put us off until exhausting all other avenues.

Because, as the cliche says, you can never go back. It can work, but it rarely does.

And, ironically, I think that many of the same people clamoring for him to come back would be among the very first people to turn on him if he struggled the first few years, which seems likely for any coach coming in right now, no matter who that coach might be.

Based on what happened with Tennessee my guess is it's us or the Pats.

OP was exposed! Some people just need to get their numbers of messages up and will lie to get them. LOL

Disagree that Flood worse hire than Ash. Flood had a eye for under the radar talent. Ash inherited 5-6 win talent in 2016 and ruined it with that distaster Mehringer chuck & duck offense scam and his dislike of Floods players and splitting the locker room.
I agree its debatable. Basically like deciding if it's worse to have your eyes poked or get repeatedly kicked in the nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT