ADVERTISEMENT

Some good news

The events surrounding last years NCAA tournament left no room for doubt that the RU screw is indeed the most powerful force in nature. It’s time to abandon all hope for the sake of sanity.

Last edited:
Being on the verge of the Dance when COVID hit had to be the ultimate Rutgers Screw.

For me it would have been playing Michigan a 3rd time, W and we're definitely in...plus get the monkey off our back with the Maze / Blew. Lose and possibly we're a bubble team: who knows. ,

We'd all be on pins needles and tranquillizers... and then no matter what the results were, COVID would have f'ed up the 3rd act!

Here's hoping we can play a full season ...and put on our dancing shoes come March!

MO

We were in regardless of what happened with Michigan, but it would have been nice to beat them and their obnoxious fans. I see where the OP is coming from though. Yes, a 100-year pandemic may be the ultimate RU Screw in this case, but it was an external issue, not self-inflicted like the Bannon and Rice implosions.

You know that 5 year plan that just never seems to work out? Pikiell did it in 4!

The school who founded college football and later went on to literally pave the field over with asphalt — Just in case you wonder why we’re so “cursed”

Last edited:
For me it would have been playing Michigan a 3rd time, W and we're definitely in...plus get the monkey off our back with the Maze / Blew. Lose and possibly we're a bubble team: who knows. ,

We'd all be on pins needles and tranquillizers... and then no matter what the results were, COVID would have f'ed up the 3rd act!

Here's hoping we can play a full season ...and put on our dancing shoes come March!

MO

Nah, Rutgers was 100% in already

We were definitely in after our victory on the road at Purdue. Every single rating service at the time had us rated somewhere near # 30 in the country at the time and I think our defense was rated as # 6 in the country.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT