Young 5-7
Kiss 7-8
Harper 10-12
Johnson 0-7
Mulcahy 0-0
McConnell 3-6
Downes 0-2
Nathan 2-2 total of 54 of 86 for 62.8 %

I think johnson and Mathis really need to make ft's. Carter must do a little better as well. McConnell i think is a much better foul shooter than 3-6.

On 3's. Baker, Kiss & Young were very good. Harper was 0-4 in two games and 3-7 and 3-8 in the other two. He needs to be more consistent. Mathis and Mulcahy and Yeboah all need to up their 3 point %.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I am glad we won all 4 games but we do see some things we need to improve on.

Total points.

Harper 68
Carter 64
Young 53
Baker 42
Kiss 42
McConnell 34
Yeboah 33
Johnson 22
Mathis 21
Mulcahy 3
Downes 3
Nathan 2
Brooks 0 A total of 387 points for 3 full games and 3 quarters of another = 96.75 ppg. for 4 games.

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the stats, the shooting isn't an issue and neither is the FT shooting. Counting on assists being higher, better overall ball movement and rebounding needs to remain a focal point for Carter and Myles, which they did during the trip.

Yeboah allowing others to continue to thrive shows an unselfishness that this roster is developing. He will be a factor in spots and getting more shots for Kiss only helps to rebuild his confidence in hopes he can be a piece off the bench.

Thanks for this, Knights1212.

Yeboah either is still adjusting to the new line, or maybe just needs better selection. 2-14 is hard to do. His free throw support he has decent form.

Reactions: Dpgru
I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the stats, the shooting isn't an issue and neither is the FT shooting. Counting on assists being higher, better overall ball movement and rebounding needs to remain a focal point for Carter and Myles, which they did during the trip.

Yeboah allowing others to continue to thrive shows an unselfishness that this roster is developing. He will be a factor in spots and getting more shots for Kiss only helps to rebuild his confidence in hopes he can be a piece off the bench.

?

The 3 pt line adjustment is something to note. The ft line is the same, and will be the same in the NCAA.

Also, Yeboah shot 14 3s. Confused on the allowing others to thrive part.

It is Spain play, but maybe Kiss finds his way into more of the rotation. I know his skill is potentially a spot shooter. I think with that being said, it would help if you could have a passer on the floor like a Mulcahy with Kiss to make sure he can find him in the right spots on the floor. We'll see. I still think Mulcahy finds himself more into the lineup midway through the year.

Thanks Art

As for Yeboah 3 pt shooting...

It has been 28 years since my last Rutgers stats class. Unless things have changed a sample size of 14 leaves our confidence level of any conclusion a tad low.

There aren't and never will be any issues. I don't know how much you can take from this trip, to be honest. I didn't see the games and are only going off a box score. But I think there are some things to keep an eye on both good and bad.

Last edited:
Congrats to Peter Kiss!!! Two years in a row he has gone into the stands to introduce himself and shake hands with fans attending the open practice at the beginning of the season. Seems like a good kid.

A little surprised at Yeboah, Harper, and McConnell from three. Not surprised at Mathis and Mulcahy numbers as neither is a great outside shooter. Overall, not really worried. What worries me a little is Pike has said he allows some kids to take not so great shots as a reward for working so hard on defense. He said that about our forward (forget his name) two years ago who couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from three, and still kept taking them. Of course this is a small sample, but in four games and probably more minutes Baker averages only one more three attempt than Mathis. Once the season starts that just can't be, but then again this is a small sample and I wouldn't put too much emphasis on anything. It was mostly about team building.

Reactions: higgins3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT