ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Ticket email has been sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you actually have an issue with the Times article on the CDC's guidance likely being overdone on transmission rates outdoors? Seems like a decent piece of journalism to me. The Times has been way better on COVID science reporting than most other sources, IMO. In particular, their case/death trackers for the US and every state, their vaccine and treatment technology trackers, and their vaccine rollout trackers for the US (including every state) and the world have been superb, with fantastic graphics and nice writing.

and you wonder why people distrust science..its bs like this that the CDC pulled

and you wonder why people distrust science..its bs like this that the CDC pulled

As I said back in Feb-2020 (the testing debacle) and April (being too late to recommend masks) and a few times since, the CDC has not done nearly as well with COVID as I would have hoped. I believe they were hamstrung by the Administration on some of their missteps, but I also think they've been a bit too conservative in general on things like fomite (surfaces) transmissions and outdoor transmissions, as per posts of mine last year.

I don't think anything nefarious was going on, but their leadership certainly wasn't and still isn't what it once was (and leadership isn't just the head of the CDC, but the leads in all of the key positions under the overall leader).

At the rate tickets are going (guessing less than 1/5 have been taken; got mine in 127 today), we might not even use up the 5K allotted, which will make most of the whining even more ridiculous in hindsight.
Been saying that all along. Thursday night practice. People aren't driving far on a work/school night for a Scarlet White game with restrictions.

Reactions: GORU2014
Got my tix today and I’m part of the last phase. Don’t think the demand for this game was very high.

Reactions: RURM85
Got our tickets today as well. Understand this morning that there were plenty of available pods of 3, 4 and 5. I'm very surprised by this.

RUNumbers,
Have you ever sidelined as a pool maintenance technician?
I'm thinking, based on your high-up source, that you may also be the famous onetimeposter.
🙂

Reactions: RU848789
Even with some folks itching for live football again, with it being a scrimmage and scheduled for a Thursday night likely suppressed some of the demand. Not sure if they considered Sat the 22nd as a potential date instead.

Even with some folks itching for live football again, with it being a scrimmage and scheduled for a Thursday night likely suppressed some of the demand. Not sure if they considered Sat the 22nd as a potential date instead.
If indeed they don't even get the full 5k reservations, i wonder if they will open up to new tiers outside of season ticket holders until they hit 5k or just go with whatever they get from this group? (i forget if that was already the plan or if it was limited to season ticket holders and big donors)

If indeed they don't even get the full 5k reservations, i wonder if they will open up to new tiers outside of season ticket holders until they hit 5k or just go with whatever they get from this group? (i forget if that was already the plan or if it was limited to season ticket holders and big donors)
They might as well, should not pass up an opportunity to attract more or new fans.

At the rate tickets are going (guessing less than 1/5 have been taken; got mine in 127 today), we might not even use up the 5K allotted, which will make most of the whining even more ridiculous in hindsight.
Shocker

Schiano said that he specifically picked the Thursday night so that the players could have 2 full weekends off before summer practice started. Schiano 2.0 is kinder and gentler.

RUNumbers,
Have you ever sidelined as a pool maintenance technician?
I'm thinking, based on your high-up source, that you may also be the famous onetimeposter.
🙂
lol, no. That guy was great. My biggest "scoops" have been related to Schiano (him not leaving for Mich/Miami and him coming back to RU), mostly because a friend of mine is best friends with Greg (they played together on the same D at Bucknell and their families are tight, too). To me, if we end up with full stadiums w/o masks, that wouldn't be a "scoop," per se, as I've been predicting that for months, based upon my vaccine/case projections I've been doing regularly - the info I recently got simply confirms that RU is thinking similarly at high levels.

lol, no. That guy was great. My biggest "scoops" have been related to Schiano (him not leaving for Mich/Miami and him coming back to RU), mostly because a friend of mine is best friends with Greg (they played together on the same D at Bucknell and their families are tight, too). To me, if we end up with full stadiums w/o masks, that wouldn't be a "scoop," per se, as I've been predicting that for months, based upon my vaccine/case projections I've been doing regularly - the info I recently got simply confirms that RU is thinking similarly at high levels.
The CDC is expected to announce later today that fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks outdoors in crowds. Further, will ease guidelines indoors, whereas fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks in most indoor places. Obvious exceptions being airplanes, buses, hospitals, prisons, etc.

I guess we shall see if that report is accurate this afternoon. Clearly would mean a maskless football stadium!

• Love
Reactions: MrsScrew
i thought max was 4 for an individual pod. did they change it?
Can't answer directly as my buddy is the Account Holder for our 2 season tickets and went into the system this morning. He mentioned he struggled to find a pod of 2 seats (eventually located) and there were plenty of 3, 4 and 5 seats available, thus, led to believe there are 5 seat pods, unless 2 and 3 seat pods are next to each other.

Reactions: fischy5000
The CDC is expected to announce later today that fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks outdoors in crowds. Further, will ease guidelines indoors, whereas fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear masks in most indoor places. Obvious exceptions being airplanes, buses, hospitals, prisons, etc.

I guess we shall see if that report is accurate this afternoon. Clearly would mean a maskless football stadium!

This just in...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/cdc...sks-indoors-or-outdoors-in-most-settings.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/13/health/cdc-masks-guidance.html

Yep, this has been coming for awhile, which is why I've had so much confidence in full stadiums without masks. Nice to see.

"Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing," said CDC Director Rochelle Walensky, MD. "We have all longed for this moment."

She said that "based on the continuing downward trajectory of cases, the scientific data on the performance of our vaccines, and our understanding of how the virus spreads, that moment has come for those who are fully vaccinated."

The fully vaccinated can start doing the things they stopped doing because of the pandemic, said Walensky.

The only exception to the rule is in certain crowded indoor spaces, such as buses, and planes, and in congregate settings, such as hospitals, homeless shelters and jails, where CDC still recommends people mask up.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infect..._breakingnewsalert_2021-05-13&eun=g1694445d0r

Question for numbers - do mild exposures have any positive or negative influence on the length of time immunity lasts? Do exposures consume a relatively fixed number of antibodies, or provoke new ones to form and extend the immune response?

I hope we have weather like this next week for the game!

Can't answer directly as my buddy is the Account Holder for our 2 season tickets and went into the system this morning. He mentioned he struggled to find a pod of 2 seats (eventually located) and there were plenty of 3, 4 and 5 seats available, thus, led to believe there are 5 seat pods, unless 2 and 3 seat pods are next to each other.
Got mine this morning and all main sidelines ..both sidelines were gone.
Corners and engines open but all in 4 seat quads. Wouldn't let me take 2 or 3 seats and leave 1 or 2 open lol...so much for social distance concerns...so I had to take all four for the 2 of us...smh.

And based on today's CDC news..I'm FV so who cares how close I sit near somebody else now. And don't you dare say the f in 4 letter mask word Rutgers.

Question for numbers - do mild exposures have any positive or negative influence on the length of time immunity lasts? Do exposures consume a relatively fixed number of antibodies, or provoke new ones to form and extend the immune response?

I hope we have weather like this next week for the game!
That's a great question and I doubt the answer is known, since to know that answer would require controlled experiments with different levels of viral exposure to different people, which, of course, would be unethical experiments. I think that's been done for some benign viruses, but would need to look for that info and there's no guarantee that the results would translate to COVID. There might be some inferential data out there on estimated exposures (maybe to loved ones with known high viral shedding rates), but again, trusting that data might be tough. But clearly there is a minimum vaccine dose that was selected, based on animal models, so it would make sense that immunity is at least some function of dose.

Weather looks great for next Thursday (warm and dry with highs near 80F) but it's a week away, so grain of salt...

Reactions: iReC89
CDC? Murphy is not lifting the indoor mask mandate. Is the science different in NJ? What a tool.

Murphy said Friday that he would keep New Jersey's mandate on wearing masks indoors despite guidance from the CDC that allows anyone who is fully vaccinated to do indoor and outdoor activities without a mask or social distancing.

“As it relates to folks outdoors, being among other vaccinated persons, I think we can do away with our masks," the governor said.🙄

Why are he and Whoopi wearing masks if they have been vaccinated?

9fc0283f-cc6f-43e4-8e89-140290d79dae-051421_East_Orange_ShotTZ_5151.JPG

CDC? Murphy is not lifting the indoor mask mandate. Is the science different in NJ? What a tool.

Murphy said Friday that he would keep New Jersey's mandate on wearing masks indoors despite guidance from the CDC that allows anyone who is fully vaccinated to do indoor and outdoor activities without a mask or social distancing.

“As it relates to folks outdoors, being among other vaccinated persons, I think we can do away with our masks," the governor said.🙄

But..but ..last week he was following the CDC when they said to vaccinate kids. Selective science?

How do you know who is vaccinated? The mandate should be the vaccine, not the mask.

Reactions: WhiteBus
In other news, Whoopi Goldberg and New Jersey Governor Murphy began shooting Flying Nun:The Movie with live on location scenes at a Shop Rite in New Jersey.

Reactions: goru1869
Wrong. The mandate should be on promoting metabolic health--healthy diet and exercise. Next up, vaccinating little kids--so contrary to science and unnecessary.
Those are great things to stress in a much larger longterm campaign but not something that's going to turn the tide of the pandemic like the vaccine.

Not sure how Murphy wearing a mask in the photo above is inconsistent with his quote.

Wrong. The mandate should be on promoting metabolic health--healthy diet and exercise. Next up, vaccinating little kids--so contrary to science and unnecessary.
We should mandate diet and exercise. Didn’t someone want to limit the soda sizes and others trying to improve school lunches to be healthier?

Those are great things to stress in a much larger longterm campaign but not something that's going to turn the tide of the pandemic like the vaccine.

Not sure how Murphy wearing a mask in the photo above is inconsistent with his quote.
Who is that fat dude with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT