ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Ticket email has been sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have no facts about anything but you just want to be right on your predictions. Gotcha. Thanks for the lack of insight.
Did you read a single word I wrote? I have a source in the Administration, who is very high up, who I won't name, who gave me some inside information on what this person has heard, presumably from Holloway. It's a "fact" that I have a source that told me these things, but it's not a given that the current position won't change based on changing pandemic data. Some people appreciate such info, some, like you, don't. I'll live without your approval.

I did not talk to this source last summer - that prediction was based on knowledge and intuition and I stuck with it even after it had been announced that the season would be cancelled.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...eturn-of-football-in-fall.200942/post-4695134

Are they? Than why no change on the Spring game or graduation? Ask your so called source for a specfic answer.
And how would a ticket rep know what is going on with people "higher ups" in the Adminstration?
There is no science for the spring game or graduation. Why would Holloway suddenly change and believe science?
Everyone at Rutgers predicting the future is full of crap because no one knows what the Rutgers President will do next and why.
The key word is planning, not predicting. Essentially every sports team is planning on full houses, or close to it, for this fall/winter. Whether or not that’s what actually happens is anyone’s guess, but it’s easier to plan for that and then adjust if something unexpected happens that creates limited capacity.

The key word is planning, not predicting. Essentially every sports team is planning on full houses, or close to it, for this fall/winter. Whether or not that’s what actually happens is anyone’s guess, but it’s easier to plan for that and then adjust if something unexpected happens that creates limited capacity.
The same could have been said about Rutgers graduation. Instead Holloway did the complete opposite. Back in February he cancelled graduation live on campus without any planning for adjustment based on improved data. He doesn't care about science. He just put his foot down and said no graduation and only 5k for the Spring game. Even #s with his all important "inside source" can't explain why. Holloway never explained why no changes since the dramatic improvement in Covid #s.

Did you read a single word I wrote? I have a source in the Administration, who is very high up, who I won't name, who gave me some inside information on what this person has heard, presumably from Holloway. It's a "fact" that I have a source that told me these things, but it's not a given that the current position won't change based on changing pandemic data. Some people appreciate such info, some, like you, don't. I'll live without your approval.

I did not talk to this source last summer - that prediction was based on knowledge and intuition and I stuck with it even after it had been announced that the season would be cancelled.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...eturn-of-football-in-fall.200942/post-4695134
😂

What time does the source work at Subway?
Usually around lunch time. 😜 That's when most of his info is flowing! It was the same source for Schiano getting hired, not getting hired than really getting hired. He is a wealth of information but he smells like onions, oil and vinegar!

I didn't ask directly about why the 5K wasn't changed, since I didn't really care much about that and I disagree with, but understand, the graduation decision, which Holloway has explained. My comments are on the football season in the fall and come from someone quite high up at RU. I only mentioned the ticket rep's input from about 6 weeks ago because it's at least consistent with what I have heard from the high up source, i.e., that the plan is for a full Rutgers Stadium this fall - which would be completely consistent with the science. And for what it's worth, I predicted we'd play football last year, although I thought we'd be alllowed 10-20% masked attendance, which was wrong. I feel far more confident about full stadiums this fall than I did about playing at all, though, last year.
You really think we are heading to full stadiums without masks in 3.5 months ?
I really hope you’re right .

What time does the source work at Subway?
i know his source. it's the toppings girl (tuesday and thursdays only) at Tastee Subs.

do not question RU848789 , he is WELL CONNECTED. and will not hesitate to FIND AND QUOTE HIS OWN POSTS FROM SEVERAL YEARS BACK. tread lightly with this guy, he's a Rivals LEGEND.

Just called and was able to get two. Very nice helpful girl took the call and I can just pick up real tickets at the will call and don’t have to get the cell phone version. Thank you Rutgers Staff.

Reactions: RutHut
I hope you’re right

well, the NYT came out with an article today saying that the CDC misled the world about outdoor transmission when they said it was less than 10%. It was actually less than 1% ....which is technically less than 10%. They chose to "err on the side of protection by exaggerating the risk of outdoor transmission" and "All the while, the scientific evidence points to a conclusion that is much simpler than the C.D.C.’s message: Masks make a huge difference indoors and rarely matter outdoors."

we shouldn't have to wear masks in the stadium in September.

Compromise regarding tailgating—our Medical School buildings are within walking distance of Rutgers Stadium. Tailgate right by the buildings in case science factors in. Pretzels, Pepsi and Proteomics lol

well, the NYT came out with an article today saying that the CDC misled the world about outdoor transmission when they said it was less than 10%. It was actually less than 1% ....which is technically less than 10%. They chose to "err on the side of protection by exaggerating the risk of outdoor transmission" and "All the while, the scientific evidence points to a conclusion that is much simpler than the C.D.C.’s message: Masks make a huge difference indoors and rarely matter outdoors."

jesus what fukking country do we live in

You really think we are heading to full stadiums without masks in 3.5 months ?
I really hope you’re right .
Yep, been saying it for months and still think it will happen by late June/early July, although all of those posts are now in threads that have either been deleted or are on the CE board. Below is one from yesterday that provides my rationale for why I think we're near the end of the pandemic in NJ (and for the US too, although NJ is near the top in vaccinations), assuming we keep up the vaccination momentum.

Just about, for NJ. I'd say let's see cases (on a 7-day moving average - we're at about 1110/day now) go down below 270/day (the equivalent to Fauci's goal of <10,000/day for the US for "returning to normal") and stay there for awhile and hopefully even go lower and see vaccinations continue to increase before completely dropping indoor mask restrictions - I think we'll reach that number by early June. We were between 300 and 500 cases per day for 3 months last summer, but we knew we were nowhere near herd immunity (despite people like Atlas and many on this board, thinking we were) so we saw cases skyrocket in the fall, as expected.

We're at 54% of all people in NJ with at least one shot and 41% fully vaccinated, which translates to 66% of eligible adults with one shot and 50% fully vaccinated. The best comparison is Israel, which has 9.2MM people vs. NJ's 8.9MM people and Israel is down around 50 cases per day, which is well below their 280 cases/day "Fauci target," so I'd expect to see them drop all COVID restrictions shortly (they just dropped all outdoor mask requirements).

Israel has 60% of the population with one shot and 56% fully vaccinated, which sounds close to NJ's numbers (54/41%), but Israel is a much younger country, so their 60% of the population translates to 84% of eligible adults with at least one shot and 56% of the total population fully vaccinated is equal to 80% of eligibile adults (vs. NJ's 66/50%). So we're still a bit behind Israel, but gaining ground, as they're close to done vaccinating eligible adults (won't get much beyond 80%).

Reactions: Plum Street

NYT is the "science" publication some of our science lovers love to cite. What a joke of a newspaper going all the way back to the Duke lacrosse scandal. Worse than fake news.

NYT is the "science" publication some of our science lovers love to cite. What a joke of a newspaper going all the way back to the Duke lacrosse scandal. Worse than fake news.
Do you actually have an issue with the Times article on the CDC's guidance likely being overdone on transmission rates outdoors? Seems like a decent piece of journalism to me. The Times has been way better on COVID science reporting than most other sources, IMO. In particular, their case/death trackers for the US and every state, their vaccine and treatment technology trackers, and their vaccine rollout trackers for the US (including every state) and the world have been superb, with fantastic graphics and nice writing.

yes, I do. And even if they "require" masks, if the majority of the stadium says screw it and doesn't put one on, what is RU going to do? throw 40,000 people out of the stadium? I think not
If we get enough people vaccinated, leading to very low transmission rates, we shouldn't need the masks any more, especially outdoors (we're basically there now, except maybe for jam-packed outdoor events). Also, at some point, once we've had vaccines readily available for anyone who wants one for couple of months (it's only a recent phenomenon where there haven't been supply issues) and state/local governments and friends/family/etc., have done their best to convince the skeptics and greatly reduce the barriers for the people who might have access issues, there will come a time when we collectively will just have to say we can't keep restricting society to protect people who willfully ignore the science and clear benefits of vaccination against a deadly disease. The vaccinated people will be fine and a few of the unvaccinated people will likely get each other sick with COVID, but that's a risk they seem willing to take.

Do you actually have an issue with the Times article on the CDC's guidance likely being overdone on transmission rates outdoors? Seems like a decent piece of journalism to me. The Times has been way better on COVID science reporting than most other sources, IMO. In particular, their case/death trackers for the US and every state, their vaccine and treatment technology trackers, and their vaccine rollout trackers for the US (including every state) and the world have been superb, with fantastic graphics and nice writing.
Well, maybe NYT is not as bad as the CDC, and the referenced article is one of their better ones. CDC needs to reexamine it's approach and send Walensky packing. Even MD's are fed up with their tepid and confusing messaging. When the messaging is confusing and contradictory, the public loses trust in the government.

After these initial days, let season ticket holders get additional seats. Then ALL Rutgers Alumni , current students, and incoming freshmen for all three campuses, plus the satellite campuses, should be sent an email about how to get tickets. Then contact EVERY high school coach and let them know they and all their kids are welcome. After that, every Pop Warner and AYF staff member.

At the rate tickets are going (guessing less than 1/5 have been taken; got mine in 127 today), we might not even use up the 5K allotted, which will make most of the whining even more ridiculous in hindsight.
So numbers...just to be clear when people want to try and get something changed they think is crazy and might impact them negatively they should say and do nothing until AFTER it happens so they are sure of the outcome first?

I'm looking forward to getting mine tomorrow...and frankly I will surprised and disappointed (in a backwards way) if they are indeed available. Perhaps folks are kinda feeling like I am now which for the most part this last week has been "frack it" ..sick of this BS and just gonna sit home instead of play the games. But if we only have a few thousand then put me in the wow camp.
If the "whiners" don't go then that's one thing. But how would one know?

At the rate tickets are going (guessing less than 1/5 have been taken; got mine in 127 today), we might not even use up the 5K allotted, which will make most of the whining even more ridiculous in hindsight.

Not use the Allotment ? With the Allocation Process of Ticket to Success Campaign and 100+ Priority Point ticket holders going out the first 3 Days this might represent 10% of the total season ticket holders. With tomorrow’s email going to the other 15,000 season ticketholders there will could be huge demands.

So numbers...just to be clear when people want to try and get something changed they think is crazy and might impact them negatively they should say and do nothing until AFTER it happens so they are sure of the outcome first?

I'm looking forward to getting mine tomorrow...and frankly I will surprised and disappointed (in a backwards way) if they are indeed available. Perhaps folks are kinda feeling like I am now which for the most part this last week has been "frack it" ..sick of this BS and just gonna sit home instead of play the games. But if we only have a few thousand then put me in the wow camp.
Yeah, usually if you're going to complain about lack of availability, it's more substantive if there's a "lack" there.

Your mileage may vary, but if it does, get that odometer checked.

In regard to limited concessions does that mean no beer?
Only one brand. Must wear mask while drinking.

corona-beer-virus.jpg

73931217.cms

Not at all, but there were more than a few people treating this as if it were the End of Civilization. I whined a bit, too, as I thought 5K was much too low, but I moved on - after I emailed some high up people I know (in the athletic dept. and RU Administration) to let them know of my displeasure and that many others felt the same way. They simply weren't going to change it once they had committed to it.

But I'm happy to hear that we're very likely to have a full RU Stadium from the source I mentioned a couple of days ago, which is nice - and is consistent with the announcement about holding graduations in the fall. And I'll repeat my broken record speech - the best way to ensure full stadiums, graduations and normal life is for everyone to get vaccinated. And FWIW, after 3 days of "sales" about 1/3 of tickets have been spoken for (a guesstimate). Obviously more people are eligible tomorrow, but demand might not be that high.

Yeah, usually if you're going to complain about lack of availability, it's more substantive if there's a "lack" there.

Your mileage may vary, but if it does, get that odometer checked.
Let me go take a hit and get back to you on your response lol.

Not at all, but there were more than a few people treating this as if it were the End of Civilization. I whined a bit, too, as I thought 5K was much too low, but I moved on - after I emailed some high up people I know (in the athletic dept. and RU Administration) to let them know of my displeasure and that many others felt the same way. They simply weren't going to change it once they had committed to it.

But I'm happy to hear that we're very likely to have a full RU Stadium from the source I mentioned a couple of days ago, which is nice - and is consistent with the announcement about holding graduations in the fall. And I'll repeat my broken record speech - the best way to ensure full stadiums, graduations and normal life is for everyone to get vaccinated. And FWIW, after 3 days of "sales" about 1/3 of tickets have been spoken for (a guesstimate). Obviously more people are eligible tomorrow, but demand might not be that high.
I will trade a full house in fall for short stack in May ANYDAY.

its likely because people had a bitter taste and said to hell with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT