ADVERTISEMENT

Spring lake NJ feedback

You are a couple of towns next to Asbury - if you've never been drive a couple miles north and go there. TONS of good restaurants and entertainment there.

I like Rays Cafe in downtown Spring Lake. Have wanted to go to St Stephens and after reading this thread I am now more interested. Harrigan's on 71 toward Sea Girt is not bad but others might consider it loaded with old Irish people.
We're everywhere. ;)

And the Spring Lake Ray's used to be an old fashioned apothecary store. The phone booth makes me think of "The Sting."

Another good local breakfast place is the Capsized Cafe on 71 in Spring Lake Heights. Used to be the Seabreeze in another life.

Last edited:
We're everywhere. ;)

And the Spring Lake Ray's used to be an old fashioned apothecary store. The phone booth makes me think of "The Sting."

Another good local breakfast place is the Capsized Cafe on 71 in Spring Lake Heights. Used to be the Seabreeze in another life.
Thanks everyone for your responses I'm sure to enjoy the weekend.

Know exactly where that school is at down the street. Also right down the street on Ramshorn Dr. is where we put our kayaks in the Manasquan, a lot of mornings we stop in for breakfast before we go.

One of the best ways to find out if someone is a local or not: Ask them how they pronounce Ramshorn.

Reactions: koleszar
One of the best ways to find out if someone is a local or not: Ask them how they pronounce Ramshorn.
Another one is how they say Avon.

Or the Draughting Table in Bradley and D'Arcy's. I always say DRAUGHTING and DEE-R-Cees to annoy my wife and kids.

Is it Rams Horn or Ram Shorn? My guess would be the first one.
I do the same with RAMS horn. Lol

I don't have a dog in the fight anymore so I can say what I think. I'm a casual dining guy. I enjoy the Squan Tavern, Four Winds, and Harrigans on 71 in Sea Girt

Hey there knightfan7! Warm up the ocean, I'll be there soon enough.

Is Scarborough Fair restaurant still considered pretty good? A block in from route 35 in Sea Girt across from Foodtown?

Hey there knightfan7! Warm up the ocean, I'll be there soon enough.

Is Scarborough Fair restaurant still considered pretty good? A block in from route 35 in Sea Girt across from Foodtown?

I think so.

Moving out tomorrow. Back in early July.....Hopefully.

Went to the Anchor Tavern for lunch today on the recommendation of some folks in this thread. Good place. Had the Cuban sandwich and my wife had the Jersey burger. Both good. And happy hour, with both food and drink specials, commences at 11 am Monday through Friday. Will definitely go back.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Went to the Anchor Tavern for lunch today on the recommendation of some folks in this thread. Good place. Had the Cuban sandwich and my wife had the Jersey burger. Both good. And happy hour, with both food and drink specials, commences at 11 am Monday through Friday. Will definitely go back.
I went to the Tap House and liked the spicy shrimp app and the burger was good. Nice atmosphere too. Relaxed.

The Breakers was a fine place for my senior prom in 1990. I didn't read more than a few posts but I'm sure that people suggested going to Asbury Park. Tons of really good places there within a short distance of each other so easy to walk and find what strikes your eye.

Pete and Elda's in Neptune City was always a stop for me for great pizza and a cold beer or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT