ADVERTISEMENT

St. Joe's Game Thread

13-5 RU at the first media time out.

Scaife & Copper have each made a three.

The Gametracker is showing only 2 halves. We'll see what happens when they go to the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, having quarters is strange. After the first quarter, I thought to myself that 20 minutes went by quickly, and then I realized...

Wait, do we have 7 three-pointers in the first half?! 3 from Scaife, 3 from Copper, 1 from Hernandez?

44-39 halftime. St Joes keeping it close...RU 16-29 shooting,...Holivay and Jeune are 0-9, the rest of the tea 16-20 and Copper had not missed 6-6 ....jinx. SJU shooting well at 16-32

I remember Stringer saying at the B1G media day that the team was practicing a lot of 3 point shooting this past summer and fall.....7-10 in the first half of the first game is a GREAT sign.

Caught most of the game on video. Very confident moving the ball and taking what they give you. St Joes is well coached fundamental team. Fun game to watch. If RU can play like this ongoing, ticket sales are going to go up.

A little sloppy, some shaky moments. However...

Lots of substituting, many freshman minutes. Copper and Scaife can take over a game when needed, Canty steady guard play. Good perimeter defense. But, Hollivay played a poor game on both ends and we couldn't put Ariel in there with her street clothes when Rachel picked up fouls. Victoria, Alyiah, and Kadezlah (don't know the spelling yet) looked like players and did not look like deer in the headlights, but aggressive. Good to see.

Just one game, many frustrating moments, a win is a win. Good perimeter defense!

Reactions: rutgerssax

Lots of substituting, many freshman minutes. Copper and Scaife can take over a game when needed, Canty steady guard play. Good perimeter defense. But, Hollivay played a poor game on both ends and we couldn't put Ariel in there with her street clothes when Rachel picked up fouls. Victoria, Alyiah, and Kadezlah (don't know the spelling yet) looked like players and did not look like deer in the headlights, but aggressive. Good to see.

Just one game, many frustrating moments, a win is a win. Good perimeter defense!

Yep, we need to clean up some stuff.....but I really like what I saw! A lot to build on!

Those freshman is going to have an impact. 1st game so I will give them a pass to shake off the butterflies and rust

A thought on the new 4 quarter rule: the 1 & 1 free throw is now a thing of the past? Automatically 2 shots when you hit the limit in each quarter.

Rachael was diffently not feeling well and it showed on the court. I am always amazed that the women can even play at all when under the weather. I felt she gave it her all when she was in. It was a gritty performance from her.

Rachael was diffently not feeling well and it showed on the court. I am always amazed that the women can even play at all when under the weather. I felt she gave it her all when she was in. It was a gritty performance from her.

That was not the Rachel we know out there last night; I look forwardto seeing her at her best, which can be pretty awesome.

Is Ariel OK? One positive was that our freshman posts had some live game time.

A thought on the new 4 quarter rule: the 1 & 1 free throw is now a thing of the past? Automatically 2 shots when you hit the limit in each quarter.
Correct. No more 1 and 1. Will affect late game strategy (no more missing the first one).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT