ADVERTISEMENT

Starting lineup: Baker, Mathis, McConnell, Harper, Johnson (EDIT: Maybe; tweet was deleted)

I think Pikiell wants to keep the sophomore core together.
---
giving respect for those that were in the program.... Young may very well be a starter down the road.

I think this lineup is the one that should be for the opening game.

For the record the tweet was from the official @RutgersMBB account. Guessing it was a misfire and was meant to be scheduled for later on today.

Reactions: BillyC80
First shift change would be Young, Yeboah, and Carter I'm guessing. With Mulcahy, Kiss, and Doucoure coming in a bit later (not all three at once)

I know Pike will start and play a lot of different combos but I like this . Allows Gio or Caleb to run the point and Gio to slide over to play off the ball once young comes in . When young comes in he can be instant off the bench .

If true I’m all for it. Imagine, the starting five would be four sophs and a junior.

First five off the bench are pretty solid:
Young, Mulcahy, Kiss, Yeboah and Carter.

Doucore gets minutes too, so likely 11 play until garbage time.

That's fine for this game but in general, that's a bit small and Mathis and McConnell are too similar. I'd have put Yeboah in. Very interested in seeing Young, Yeboah and Mulcahy. Of the returning players I'm most interested in watching Harper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT