ADVERTISEMENT

State of Emergency Tuesday 5pm

At the very least bring back the dollar hot dogs
Only Jersey Mike’s could serve hot dogs at the RAC. Remember, Jersey Mike’s is the exclusive sandwich partner of Rutgers athletics. I doubt Jersey Mike’s would introduce a $1 hot dog to its menu. Would cannibalize sales of its existing sandwiches and diminish brand.

The hot dog meets the US Department of Agriculture’s definition of sandwich.

Only Jersey Mike’s could serve hot dogs at the RAC. Remember, Jersey Mike’s is the exclusive sandwich partner of Rutgers athletics. I doubt Jersey Mike’s would introduce a $1 hot dog to its menu. Would cannibalize sales of its existing sandwiches and diminish brand.

The hot dog meets the US Department of Agriculture’s definition of sandwich.
There was a dollar hot dog night in December.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Yeah, I saw a Targum article reporting hot dog sales occurring inside the arena. Jersey Mike’s bosses appear to either not notice, look the other way, or disagree with the USDA’s sandwich definition.

Rutgers employee here, they sent us home at 3 pm and told us not to come to work tomorrow. So OPs question was reasonable. Thankfully not postponed, with a meager RAC crowd we still beat the hoosiers. GO KNIGHTS!

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew
Rutgers employee here, they sent us home at 3 pm and told us not to come to work tomorrow. So OPs question was reasonable. Thankfully not postponed, with a meager RAC crowd we still beat the hoosiers. GO KNIGHTS!
Does that mean tomorrow's Rutgers athletic activities are cancelled as coaches and support staff cannot show up for work?

Does that mean tomorrow's Rutgers athletic activities are cancelled as coaches and support staff cannot show up for work?
Don't know. Maybe they are excepted. RU admins seem to be reacting to the state of emergency since we're state employees. The email I received said "remote work unless absolutely necessary" so I guess someone will decide what is absolutely necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT