ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Pikiell and Cliff Omoruyi were fed up, so they punched back

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Good writeup by Carino

72265563007-cliff-nb.jpg

Cliff’s “I’ve had enough!” Dunk, which started from further away than any dunk I have seen from him, was the true turning point of the game!

If he stays another year, teams will not be able to get away with double/triple teaming, & hacking him all time. Ace & Dylan will be drawing the doubles, & the Cliff Jam could be in full force.

If he stays, with the grit shown from Derek, Mag, & other returning veterans, a Final Four or “Natty” is not out of reach..

Cliff’s “I’ve had enough!” Dunk, which started from further away than any dunk I have seen from him, was the true turning point of the game!

If he stays another year, teams will not be able to get away with double/triple teaming, & hacking him all time. Ace & Dylan will be drawing the doubles, & the Cliff Jam could be in full force.

If he stays, with the grit shown from Derek, Mag, & other returning veterans, a Final Four or “Natty” is not out of reach..
Cliff staying on another year would be a huge piece of a possibly magical season.

I wasn't necessarily thinking Final 4, but no question that would be a very good starting 5. Every home game would have a circus atmosphere. We'll see if Cliff has a change of heart but he was pretty adamant that this was it for him. With all the punishment he's taking, and the lack of NIL for foreign players, it might be hard to get him to stay.

That was a critical part of the game with the bad referee call.No Cliff foul shots, technical foul shots made along with basket on next possession.

What made it worse was that the technical came after Nebraska scored and so it would have been our ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT