ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Pikiell basketball camp is this week

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
Starts tomorrow and goes through Friday at the RAC. First of two weeks this summer - second is later in July. First camp since 2019 but no overnight stays in the dorms this year so understandably difficult if you don’t live or at least work reasonably close to RU.

Anyone have past experiences with the camps? My middle school son will be attending with some teammates. They’re all pretty excited to play in the RAC

Anybody else on the board sending a child this year?

Caleb was there the whole day. Mag, Cliff, Spencer and Miller were there most of the day. Cliff and Caleb in particular were great with the kids. Pike made a cameo in the morning and popped his head in a little in the afternoon.

Palmquist and K. Hobbs also were there briefly.

Caleb is headed back to Florida tomorrow so today will be his only day at the camp.

Did you guys hear about the CVS camp in August? Make sure you sign your daughters up early, it's going to be popular. They don't actually go to RAC and play though. You just sign them up and keep them home.
That's soo. wrong. Funny, but... I felt a bit bad cracking up to this. Well done

Reactions: Local Shill
Oh man... my son loves hoops and is a big RU hoops fan. I got the email about the camp but didn't want to mention it to him because he's already signed up for summer CCD this week.

If he found out the players showed up... his head might explode.

Oh man... my son loves hoops and is a big RU hoops fan. I got the email about the camp but didn't want to mention it to him because he's already signed up for summer CCD this week.

If he found out the players showed up... his head might explode.

Coulda spent the summer with Caleb et. al. instead he'll be spending it with Jesus.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Did you guys hear about the CVS camp in August? Make sure you sign your daughters up early, it's going to be popular. They don't actually go to RAC and play though. You just sign them up and keep them home.
is a certain Pike fan helping Vivian and will be put in charge on 7/31 because of a LOA starts just after all the camp participants paid up the bucks to attend ?

When I was a kid, I went to Rutgers Basketball Camp in the barn. Bobby Knight (then Army coach) was an instructor. He made us run up and down the court backwards in a squatting defensive position. He was yelling at a somewhat overweight kid who was having trouble with it. We watched John Simogyi demonstrate the art of the jump shot. His missed about 15 in a row, cussing and swearing the whole time.

Anyone else here attend the Tom Young basketball camp?
I did. Nothing better than the non air conditioned Livingston dorms. I fondly remember watching Kevin Black, Clarence Tillman and Rich Brunson playing pick up games at night when camp ended.

• Haha
When I was a kid, I went to Rutgers Basketball Camp in the barn. Bobby Knight (then Army coach) was an instructor. He made us run up and down the court backwards in a squatting defensive position. He was yelling at a somewhat overweight kid who was having trouble with it. We watched John Simogyi demonstrate the art of the jump shot. His missed about 15 in a row, cussing and swearing the whole time.
That's amazing!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT