ADVERTISEMENT

Strength and Conditioning of team needs to progress

SoCal_Knight

Freshman
Jun 9, 2020
Our defense seems to hold up against mediocre and smaller teams but against the bigger named teams with bigger, stronger athletes like MSU we look like we get out hustled and out rebounded. I think its a false choice that you have to choose between speed and strength. Our whole team other than Wolf, Austin W and Mag could all benefit from strength training. Why does Derek Simpson still have the same body type he had when he was in HS? He still looks like he's wafer thin at 165 pounds.

It was painful to see Palmquist get bullied in the paint today. He's been with us for how many years and his body still hasn't developed into a division 1 athlete.

I thought Woolfolk was better when he was built like a football player. He's a 5, should be built like one.

The team has many flaws with the most important being long scoring droughts.

I have noticed this, a number of the teams we play look like grown ass men compared to us. Mississippi state didn’t look like they had a single college body on their roster.

Reactions: bac2therac
I've been sayin this for years. I have my doubts - of the weight room culture in the basketball program. Guys will be here for years - and have the same bodies, from freshmen year

Van Dyke - the S&C coach - has been with Pike forever - 18 years.

He’s garnered so much respect at Rutgers that he’s been promoted to Assistant Athletic Director and oversees 23 of 24 athletic teams.

The only exception I’m sure is football.

Oh and van dyke is the guy who got t’d up by Bo Borowski at the big 10 tourney several years ago.

Little known tidbit : Bo took van dyke out to dinner that night !

And he’s not related to dick van dyke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT