ADVERTISEMENT

Such a joke Michigan didn’t have to be in the play in game instead of us.

I guess you don't count the first time we played Michigan, an 8 point win?

no of course not but they were "shorthanded" that night which is BS but apparently it was gospel. Hope you guys are all well out there!

I think we are the lowest NET to ever make the tournament. You guys should be thankful, especially after Richmond and VaTech stole 2 bids, hence our play -in game.

Rumor that Howard threatened to punch out Chris Reynolds unless Michigan got in are entirely possible

I think we are the lowest NET to ever make the tournament. You guys should be thankful, especially after Richmond and VaTech stole 2 bids, hence our play -in game.

Rumor that Howard threatened to punch out Chris Reynolds unless Michigan got in are entirely possible
They were always getting the play in game with the bad NET. I said before the B1G tourney that they needed maybe a finals appearance to get off that line.

Michigan seeded over us?

Look I wrote this all week but there are two principles that always hold true.

Principle 1 a If you schedule tough you get rewarded, and if you don’t you get punished.

A&M and Wake out. Rutgers, IU and ND all went to Dayton. None played challenging non league schedules. I always thought Dayton would be the committees way of saying to Rutgers, nice wins but improve that schedule.

On the flip end, Michigan got in with 14 and avoided Dayton. But Alabama lost 13 and got a 6. Why - it had a top three schedule.

IMO, the surprising aspect of Michigan wasn’t that it avoided Dayton (was 50/50 to do that), but it got placed in Indianapolis which means it will play with the crowd on Thursday (and likely Saturday if it gets there).

Second principle-conference tournaments are fun but they don’t matter that much. You can come from the last four out to Dayton but that’s about it. One weekend doesn’t make up for six bad weeks.

We saw this with IU—their reward for two good wins was they got in. A&M was way off the bubble (thanks to 7 sub 250 wins), and wasn’t able to erase that.

This was a fun board this week and I wish you well. I expect you to beat ND and Alabama is a schizophrenic team so I could see you in the round of 32 easily.

Principle 1 a If you schedule tough you get rewarded, and if you don’t you get punished.

A&M and Wake out. Rutgers, IU and ND all went to Dayton. None played challenging non league schedules. I always thought Dayton would be the committees way of saying to Rutgers, nice wins but improve that schedule.

On the flip end, Michigan got in with 14 and avoided Dayton. But Alabama lost 13 and got a 6. Why - it had a top three schedule.

IMO, the surprising aspect of Michigan wasn’t that it avoided Dayton (was 50/50 to do that), but it got placed in Indianapolis which means it will play with the crowd on Thursday (and likely Saturday if it gets there).

Second principle-conference tournaments are fun but they don’t matter that much. You can come from the last four out to Dayton but that’s about it. One weekend doesn’t make up for six bad weeks.

We saw this with IU—their reward for two good wins was they got in. A&M was way off the bubble (thanks to 7 sub 250 wins), and wasn’t able to erase that.

This was a fun board this week and I wish you well. I expect you to beat ND and Alabama is a schizophrenic team so I could see you in the round of 32 easily.
To be fair, ND scheduled a tough enough non-conference. Wasn’t their fault their own conference stunk and they got the easiest possible non-balanced version of it.

you guys got a nice draw, i agree I gave you the slight nod over Indy and RU on the seed line

Reactions: UofMbasketball
you guys got a nice draw, i agree I gave you the slight nod over Indy and RU on the seed line

Agreed. I don’t mind Rutgers path honestly.

ND is soft and has been playing mostly bad teams for awhile.

Alabama is really talented but that’s a style makes fight game and if you make it a half court slugfest, they’ll be out of their element

Reactions: UofMbasketball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT