ADVERTISEMENT

Surace

None of this changes the fact that he simply wasn’t physically ready year 1. Offensive Lineman should not go to the NFL until they are physically ready.

Sure he was a high draft pick. Sure he played four years. But it matters because the cumulative impact of the pounding he took year 1 left him more susceptible to concussions in year 5, not to mention the significantly increased risk of CTE later in life, thx to the multiple concussions he absorbed.

Contrast that with Jeremy Zuttah, who was physically ready Day 1 in the NFL and had a 9 year career.
Cmon Al.

Davis retired VERY early for HEALTH reasons. If he would have played one more year at Rutgers, he would have played one less year in the NFL.

Last edited:
Fieldhouse Al….since not football, what explains your cognitive decline ? Decades of hitting yourself in the head with your signed Big Mike Fladell helmet ?

truth be told Shelby, Al has been a complete moron from day 1.

There has been no decline.

The moronic and embarrassing "look at me" nonsense from Al has been consistent the whole time.

truth be told Shelby, Al has been a complete moron from day 1.

There has been no decline.

The moronic and embarrassing "look at me" nonsense from Al has been consistent the whole time.
Stop- we all know Al takes fandom to a next level but far from your take.
Let me ask- you are having a tailgate and you have 2 random guys walk up and one is rahah and all @we are going to kick ass today” and the other is “I don’t even know why I am here, if we win, you know the other team sucked”
Which guy are you having shots with

and if you like both- you shouldn't have anything but fun with both sides.

I love Al- but will also have the discussion with him and often find ourselves agreeing. I don't like the "We Suck" group as much- but also enjoy conversing with them so we may both see both sides and everyonce in a while- they may agree on a point but many of them- we can now make the playoff and being number 12 means we still suck.And we all know that is true...:)

Reactions: TheKnightclub
and if you like both- you shouldn't have anything but fun with both sides.

I love Al- but will also have the discussion with him and often find ourselves agreeing. I don't like the "We Suck" group as much- but also enjoy conversing with them so we may both see both sides and everyonce in a while- they may agree on a point but many of them- we can now make the playoff and being number 12 means we still suck.And we all know that is true...:)
But let’s be clear - he was totally wrong about AD entering the draft in this thread. I don’t begrudge Al his positive stuff, but when he just wants to argue for the sake of arguing he should be called out. That was the case in this thread.

Stop- we all know Al takes fandom to a next level but far from your take.
Let me ask- you are having a tailgate and you have 2 random guys walk up and one is rahah and all @we are going to kick ass today” and the other is “I don’t even know why I am here, if we win, you know the other team sucked”
Which guy are you having shots with

IMHO your take on Al is inaccurate/ incomplete.

There are plenty of positive/ enthusiastic “rah rah” fans on here. I have no issue with fans being enthusiastic. I go there too sometimes

Al is far from just an enthusiastic fan. If you don’t recognize the constant “look at me” nature of his posts then, frankly, I don’t know what to tell you.

This board is a place for RU fans to discuss RU sports. He has proven that he has no interest in engaging in actual conversation- his goal is solely to bring attention to himself. So yeah that bugs me.

And fwiw I also have an issue with the handful of trolls on here who ONLY post negative crap about RU, pike or Greg. I call them one trick ponies. They have an agenda (like Al) and never veer from it. Like Al they have no interest in real conversation with RU fans. They’re here to advance their chosen stupid agenda (or in Al’s case get attention)

Last edited:
Cmon Al.

Davis retired VERY early for HEALTH reasons. If he would have played one more year at Rutgers, he would have played one less year in the NFL.
IMO, Part of the reason he retired early, was because he absorbed an abnormal amount of punishment year 1 because he wasn’t physically ready.

In the 2010 season, the 49ers quarterback was sacked more often than is considered healthy, and running backs were thrown for losses. Everybody moaned about the offensive line. Some especially picked on the youngest lineman to start for the 49ers, 20-year-old Anthony Davis. They pointed out that he had more penalties, allowed more sacks and had difficulty opening holes for Frank Gore, a premiere NFL running back. And the 49ers had a losing season.

Had he spent an additional year at Rutgers, he would have had an easier time acclimating to the NFL, he would have been more physically and mentally mature. And he would have had reduced risk of sustaining a concussion.

The fact that he was only 20, shows he didn’t have the maturity of other players.

The two tackles chosen ahead of Anthony, Trent Williams and Russell Okung, were much stronger, judging by their combine results and had much longer NFL careers. Trent Williams is going into his 14th season. Russell Okung played 10 years. Both were 22 in their first season.

But let’s be clear - he was totally wrong about AD entering the draft in this thread. I don’t begrudge Al his positive stuff, but when he just wants to argue for the sake of arguing he should be called out. That was the case in this thread.
Everything posted here is your opinion. The notion that a linemen wouldn’t benefit from an extra year of college development is simply not tenable. You can call me collect for all I care.

IMHO your take on Al is inaccurate/ incomplete.

There are plenty of positive/ enthusiastic “rah rah” fans on here. I have no issue with fans being enthusiastic. I go there too sometimes

Al is far from just an enthusiastic fan. If you don’t recognize the constant “look at me” nature of his posts then, frankly, I don’t know what to tell you.

This board is a place for RU fans to discuss RU sports. He has proven that he has no interest in engaging in actual conversation- his goal is solely to bring attention to himself. So yeah that bugs me.

And fwiw I also have an issue with the handful of trolls on here who ONLY post negative crap about RU, pike or Greg. I call them one trick ponies. They have an agenda (like Al) and never veer from it. Like Al they have no interest in real conversation with RU fans. They’re here to advance their chosen stupid agenda (or in Al’s case get attention)
You are one miserable cretin who has to attack others to feel better about yourself. You stopped posting when Rutgers was losing, so you are hardly one to judge, Mr Fairweather Fan. What I’m guilty of is cheering for Rutgers. If that gains attention for myself, then so be it.

IMO, Part of the reason he retired early, was because he absorbed an abnormal amount of punishment year 1 because he wasn’t physically ready.

In the 2010 season, the 49ers quarterback was sacked more often than is considered healthy, and running backs were thrown for losses. Everybody moaned about the offensive line. Some especially picked on the youngest lineman to start for the 49ers, 20-year-old Anthony Davis. They pointed out that he had more penalties, allowed more sacks and had difficulty opening holes for Frank Gore, a premiere NFL running back. And the 49ers had a losing season.

Had he spent an additional year at Rutgers, he would have had an easier time acclimating to the NFL, he would have been more physically and mentally mature. And he would have had reduced risk of sustaining a concussion.

The fact that he was only 20, shows he didn’t have the maturity of other players.

The two tackles chosen ahead of Anthony, Trent Williams and Russell Okung, were much stronger, judging by their combine results and had much longer NFL careers. Trent Williams is going into his 14th season. Russell Okung played 10 years. Both were 22 in their first season.
Lots of words. Poor speculation.

You are one miserable cretin who has to attack others to feel better about yourself. You stopped posting when Rutgers was losing, so you are hardly one to judge, Mr Fairweather Fan. What I’m guilty of is cheering for Rutgers. If that gains attention for myself, then so be it.

you once again make up false crap about me like your made up bs about how I called for Schiano's head (never happened) during Schiano 1.0. you said the exact same thing about another poster and he wasnt even posting during that time period LOL

I am hardly miserable. I am very enthusiastic about both programs and fully supportive of both coaches. always have been supportive of both coaches (contrary to your made up bs). I was ecstatic when Schiano came back as I truly believed he was the only coach (that RU could reasonably hope to get) that could restore RU. I like the steady progress he is making. I understand that a program like RU isnt going to be turned around overnight and I recognize the steps forward each year. Would I like it to be quicker? Sure we all do. but havent been critical of Schiano (and I certainly wasnt during 1.0 despite what you say). you clearly have me mixd up with someone else. I have pointed this out - but as someone said above - you refuse to admit when your wrong (e.g., accusing someone of making certain comments when they werent even on the board LOL).

95% of my comments on here are positive and engaging with others. I get tons of reactions, likes and quotes to my posts. I "get along" with 95% of this board. my interactions show that.

yes, I call out trolls (who just push tireless agendas) and clowns (you).

lastly, I didnt stop posting when Rutgers was losing. again, youre wrong. I stopped posting for a while after the whole Mike Rice/Pernetti thing as I was frankly disgusted with how the administration handled it. shameless scapegoating and bending over to media pressure. it had nothing to do with winning vs losing. youre just wrong. again. but I dont expect you to admit it. you never do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT