ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano gets tested this weekend

Rivera looked upset w himself after losing to Suriano by such a narrow margin at the Midlands. You can bet he has had Friday night circled since then. Of course nobody will out prepare Suriano either.

PS- Rivera pinned Pat Glory at the State finals a few years ago. And his dad was a past NJ Champ as well.

Sunday Suriano gets a ranked kid at Illinois as well.

our Nicky Suriano gets 2 big tests this weekend against 20-1 Sebastian Rivera from Northwestern who he beat 6-5 at Midlands and ranked Piotrowski of Illinois. Both are tough kids and hopefully NS is up to the task!

WNG, I watched the Midlands Rivera match again last night. Nick was far superior on top and bottom and they were even on their feet (Nick was better in the first, Rivera was better in the last two periods). Nick needs to moves his feet/be more active in neutral. Rivera is very calm on his feet and kind of lulled Nick into getting a bit flat footed in neutral. Match strategy will be important here. Nick needs to be very aggressive on his feet early. I doubt Rivera chooses bottom but if he does Nick needs to hammer him on top (even if he already has a minute riding time) rather than give up the easy release like he did last match. I think Nick will be ready. Should be a fun, tough match.

The match against Rivera is HUGE for Suriano and his B1G Tournament seeding. If he can win out he'll be the #1 seed with Lee at #2 and Nato 3rd. (don't want to be on that side of bracket) Rivera just seems to keep getting better and better as his career moves forward.and he looks like a 4 year 125lber. RS last season. His dad also won a D3 National title for Trenton State back in late 80's and he runs a very solid wrestling club out of Jackson (Elite WC-Home of Frankie Edgar).

Other good matches this weekend is Pagano of Bergen Catholic versus Johnny Sebastian of Bergen Catholic , on Friday night, and on Sunday Richie Lewis versus Isaiah Martinez

Sebastian has been wrestling very well this year. Could AA. If memory serves his last year in high school he wrestled 182, now at 174, that’s a lot of cutting After three or four years of college .

Rivera not only gets Suriano this weekend he also gets Spencer Lee. Imagine if he pulls off both upsets.

I look for the replay on YouTube of Soriano against Rivera, could not find it. If anybody has it handy if you could link ,it I would appreciate it

I look for the replay on YouTube of Soriano against Rivera, could not find it. If anybody has it handy if you could link ,it I would appreciate it

It’s on flo and BTN to go. Think you need a subscription to watch.

When I first watched that match again Rivera, I thought it was tightly contested as the score indicated.

However, when I rewatched it just now, Rivera gets on Suriano's legs for the one takedown and the other points are escape, escape, stall point, technical point for hands to the face (they look like how a grandma would pinch your cheek compared to Deluca's hands on Sunday)

Unfortunatley I cannot open the Flopro video of Suriano vs Rivera as I dropped Flo PRO and replaced it with cheaper BTN+ ($10/mo). And unable to find it in BTN+, but no big deal...I will just watch the rematch Friday night !

Good weekend of wrestling w RU vs NW on Friday, Ohio St vs Penn St on Saturday , and RU vs Ill on Sunday.

I re-watched it also and agree with your assessment that NS rode him very well and he escaped rapidly from Rivera. Going to be a close one!

I think its real sneaky that FloWrestling tricks you into buying a year subscription at a rate of $150, when you thought you were buying a monthly subscription at a rate of $12.50. Do they even have a monthly option available since it's after 1/31/18?

So shitty.

I think its real sneaky that FloWrestling tricks you into buying a year subscription at a rate of $150, when you thought you were buying a monthly subscription at a rate of $12.50. Do they even have a monthly option available since it's after 1/31/18?

So shitty.

I got tricked into this. That said, I did elect to keep it, and have been trying to get my money's worth. They are getting better, but still have major issues.

One thing I really hated was the lack of "full dual" videos, because if you missed the live broadcast, as I often do, it was impossible to watch the dual after the fact. BTN makes this easy, you can always access every event without any spoilers. Now I've noticed that they do the "full dual" videos" which is a big improvement.

They do still need to really work on their interface, and search features. It shouldn't be that hard to have an archive of all matches and duals that is actually searchable and actually works.

our Nicky Suriano gets 2 big tests this weekend against 20-1 Sebastian Rivera from Northwestern who he beat 6-5 at Midlands and ranked Piotrowski of Illinois. Both are tough kids and hopefully NS is up to the task!

Followed by Lizak the following week.

Time for Big Boy Matches during the Big Boy time of the year.

WOW, rough 1 pt penalty for hands to the face.
I get the same impression as when i saw this live, did suriano hurt his fingers in the match. He looked at them early in match (about 2:15 left in 1st) and seemed to look at them a few times. IF i remember right he had his fingers taped in finals

Suriano will not have any problem this weekend against those two kids.

The good news is Suriano only has to face one of NATO or LEE in the B10 Tourney if he maintains his undefeated record. Must be pretty disheartening for Lisak to get owned like that by 2 fellow B10 competitors.

The good news is Suriano only has to face one of NATO or LEE in the B10 Tourney if he maintains his undefeated record. Must be pretty disheartening for Lisak to get owned like that by 2 fellow B10 competitors.
Yeah as much as I would like to root for Rivera against Lee, it is better for us if Lee wins.

Even if Riveria beats Lee, I don;t see him jumping into the 3rd seed.
Right now I think it is
1) Suriano
2) Lee
3) NATO
4) Riveria
5) Lizak

#4 through #12 "Shouldn't" matter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT