ADVERTISEMENT

Team is Soft

So soft. They love the three pointers. Hate going hard to the hole.

Read to many stories about how good they can be and believed it. They will only be as good as their effort. Not talented enough to just show up, Pike needs to make sure they realize they're not as good as they think they are.

Reactions: bac2therac
I thought the kids would play with a chip on their shoulder this year after Gene transferred and basically trashed the team . They all seem like they wanted to use this as motivation . Have not seen it so far this year . Maybe the team took on Genes attitude last year .

They treated this trip North Like a Vacation, not a business trip. They play with no edge. They looked like the 0-3 team looking at their body language all game
+1
This isn't a good team, expected more progress from Pike. Bad job.

To be fair, I thought the team showed a lot of energy and fight. I was sitting not too far up behind the bench, and they looked into it all game. Cheering each other on, calling out plays, etc. Even starting their own ‘defense’ chant at one point.

I think there’s decent chemistry, good energy — just terrible execution.

To be fair, I thought the team showed a lot of energy and fight. I was sitting not too far up behind the bench, and they looked into it all game. Cheering each other on, calling out plays, etc. Even starting their own ‘defense’ chant at one point.

I think there’s decent chemistry, good energy — just terrible execution.

maybe in the 2nd half and in a microscope that was a solid 2nd half where they outplayed the Bonnies, the problem is the first getting down by 19 to a 0-3 school led by freshmen is a serious red flag

It is inexcusable to get down 34-15 to this team.... this isn't Duke. We out scored them 59-46 after that point in game. Coach said defense was terrible and that's on him. I'm not sure if we have the mental toughness to play well for 40 min. Coach says we are young and enjoy journey but if we don't get a lot better... this journey won't have a post season ending. This is a big season for Pike with the increased expectations....

Team is filled with very likable nice kids, BUT sometimes you need that BULLDOG toughness, and they lack it

It is inexcusable to get down 34-15 to this team.... this isn't Duke. We out scored them 59-46 after that point in game. Coach said defense was terrible and that's on him. I'm not sure if we have the mental toughness to play well for 40 min. Coach says we are young and enjoy journey but if we don't get a lot better... this journey won't have a post season ending. This is a big season for Pike with the increased expectations....

I thought Pike was very non chalent to the press after his teams shaky first 3 games

Mulcahy was a complete non-contributor tonight at either end of the floor

not good. I think its reasonable to expect he can contribute minutes vs a 0-3 team playing some freshmen themselves. The youth factor doesnt work when the other team is younger

BAC-Yes Justin Winston was offered by RU, FSU, few other P5 schools but he chose St Bona, credit him and Schmidt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT