ADVERTISEMENT

Tekia Mack

Said somewhere in the other thread she deserved her own thread!!!!!! Outrageous game, LOVE YA!!!!

More on Tekia Mack:

PRIOR TO RUTGERS/PERSONAL: Hails from the same high school as Scarlet Knight great Cappie Pondexter ... Played for Marshall High School Coach Dorothy Gaters, the only boys or girls coach in Illinois history with more than 1,000 wins ... As a senior averaged 16.9 points and 10.6 rebounds per game ... Helped the Commandos to a 33-1 record during the 2016-17 campaign, earning the city championship and taking third place in the state championship ... Top performances of the year were a 31-point, 11-rebound effort against eight-time defending city champion Whitney Young High School and a 28-point, 12-rebound, seven-assist game versus Indiana power Gary West Side ... Named her team’s MVP and Marshall’s Female Athlete of the Year.

• HOMETOWN

Chicago, Ill.
  • HIGHSCHOOL

Marshall
  • MAJOR

Undeclared

10-12 shooting, 4-4 from 3, 5 boards, 24 pts...what energy she brings

I think she had only made 3 treys all year, Indiana had no answers for her

she brought much needed swagger...a throwback to Linda Miles

Did not watch game, but listened to radio postgame.

Mark Peterson gave player of the game to CC Cryor instead of Mack.

Are you kidding me?
She has 10 assists and 6 steals.
But shot 1-5, 0-2 from 3, 0-2 from line, 4 fouls, 4 TO’s, 2 points.

That’s nuts.

Saves the season.

Basketball is very much a game of confidence, of swagger, of emotion.

IMO, it would have been hard for this team to recover from a loss here.
I believe you're right and hopefully this win will restore confidence

Did not watch game, but listened to radio postgame.

Mark Peterson gave player of the game to CC Cryor instead of Mack.

Are you kidding me?
She has 10 assists and 6 steals.
But shot 1-5, 0-2 from 3, 0-2 from line, 4 fouls, 4 TO’s, 2 points.

That’s nuts.

wtf...what is wrong with him...CC had 9 assists in the first half. and only 1 in the 2nd, and only make the last basket ... Sorry Mark is smoking something...wow unbelievalbe

easily its T Mack...and its no even close

I saw the second half of Q4. Mack was clearly the player of the game, easily the main reason we won tonight. They put up stats showing she came into the game averaging 3.4 ppg and went off for 24. Indiana must be thinking, where the heck did THAT come from? Way to step up in a BIG way when your team really needed a spark!

Saves the season.

Basketball is very much a game of confidence, of swagger, of emotion.

IMO, it would have been hard for this team to recover from a loss here.
'66 great points. Tekia Mack was an absolute monster tonight. Talk about a savior of the team that came along just in time. A player who up until tonight averaged less than 4 points a game scoring 24. Amazing. IMO she may have saved this season, because this team has been in crisis mode ever since losing Jenkins.

I really believe after the debacle of the OSU blowout on our court that the team was so mentally and emotionally gone, that they may not win another game this season. I am sooooooooo happy to be wrong. And tonight, when it looked like everything was going south when Indiana made that 17-0 run or whatever it was from the carryover of the first half, it looked as if Rutgers was done. Not so. Along came Tekia Mack, who said, "No more. None of that. I'm gonna take over this game and we're going to stop this losing streak right here, right now." And just like that she hit 3 threes and drove down the middle of the paint to score a layup. And instead of being down by 7-9 points going into the 4th quarter, we were only down one. I knew then and there that tonight was going to be our night. Thank you Tekia Mack. Now, let's start a new winning streak.

Mack was the Player of the Game.
CC could get it even if another player has a career scoring night if
1) she had a second half anywhere close to the first half, nine assists in the first half is incredible, and some were beautiful
2) you don't pick up two fouls in six seconds which puts you on the bench for an extended part of the game
The first of those two was a charge when we had the chance to end the half
but for some reason instead of running the O we had been running they put four spread out down low isolating CC up top and she charged into traffic.
If you are going to iso really clear out so the player only has to beat one defender and then can shoot or pass if a help defender comes over.
Poorly designed play.

Mack was the Player of the Game.
CC could get it even if another player has a career scoring night if
1) she had a second half anywhere close to the first half, nine assists in the first half is incredible, and some were beautiful
2) you don't pick up two fouls in six seconds which puts you on the bench for an extended part of the game
The first of those two was a charge when we had the chance to end the half
but for some reason instead of running the O we had been running they put four spread out down low isolating CC up top and she charged into traffic.
If you are going to iso really clear out so the player only has to beat one defender and then can shoot or pass if a help defender comes over.
Poorly designed play.

How do you know it was the design and not the execution that was off?

Agree T. Mack was awesome, deserved POY.

That being said, I'll take 10 assists and 6 steals from CC any day of the week.

I didn't listen to WCTC the other night so I can't say this for sure. But every time I've listened in the past, Mark gives out 2 individual player awards. Maybe that happened here(?) If not, I don't know what he was thinking....

I didn't listen to WCTC the other night so I can't say this for sure. But every time I've listened in the past, Mark gives out 2 individual player awards. Maybe that happened here(?) If not, I don't know what he was thinking....

Mark wasn’t there
He sent in his pick to the host who read it.

I might have missed some of what was said, so if that is the case I apologize to Mark.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT