ADVERTISEMENT

THANK YOU State of Rutgers

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Thank you Coach Schiano and thank you to all who made calls, emails, wrote newspaper articles, and started and contributed to the new donors fund. One of my best memories going back to 1976 was with my Dad going to Rutgers sports events. The past five years have been very tough as I watched the football program be burned to the ground by Flood and Ash. I truly believe we were looking at SMU post death penalty for a very very long time if Coach Schiano had not been brought back. Thank you to each and everyone who helped turn this around. Just keep chopping !!!

Repeat the sentiments above!!! When I heard Christie say "he's not Urban Meyer", my thoughts were that he brought a DEAD program to be the #7 team in the country, winning bowl games and putting quality players into the NFL. How many "top" coaches can say they revived DEAD programs? Turnarounds are a lot harder than inheriting brands like Ohio St, Florida, Alabama, etc. Urban and Saban are great coaches, but it's just not the same. We may not win a NC, but the state will be rooting for this team, crowds will come back, we'll be competitive and our players will make us proud. Can't speak for everyone, but that will get me juiced up and back for football games!!!

Maybe the sleeping giant wasn't the football team but us the fans that had to wake up. We changed history this week. Lets not take no for an answer anymore.
We have had a handful of momentous Big Ten events

Initial Big Ten invite press conference with Tim Pernetti
First football win by beating Michigan
Very good basketball run in Big Ten tournament at Madison Sq Garden
Two national wrestling champions
Hiring Greg Schiano today

Thank you Coach Schiano and thank you to all who made calls, emails, wrote newspaper articles, and started and contributed to the new donors fund. One of my best memories going back to 1976 was with my Dad going to Rutgers sports events. The past five years have been very tough as I watched the football program be burned to the ground by Flood and Ash. I truly believe we were looking at SMU post death penalty for a very very long time if Coach Schiano had not been brought back. Thank you to each and everyone who helped turn this around. Just keep chopping !!!
And credit to RU Leadershp...they listened in the end to the People. We are very Revolutionary after all. May be we can add this to our commercials lol

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT