ADVERTISEMENT

The Knight Society and Geo

So how does this work ? We “donate” - I mean pay up - and they pay good players and help line the pockets for some good recruits ? Well, sounds more fun than trying to hit the priority points for the cool parking lot. Anything that can get us some W’s!

So how does this work ? We “donate” - I mean pay up - and they pay good players and help line the pockets for some good recruits ? Well, sounds more fun than trying to hit the priority points for the cool parking lot. Anything that can get us some W’s!
Haha no sir! Check out our website! This is a lot more than NIL. What we are trying to do is create the best possible experience for anyone in the rutgers ecosystem that even the biggest NIL haters will want to be a member. We are lining up for our members to receive discounts at local bars and restaurants, specific bars for us to all go to on gamedays in both Hoboken and NYC, networking events, casual events, exclusive access to athletes, and the list honestly goes on. If you’re a small business owner or entrepreneur and are a member, then me and Eric will work with your business to help promote it in return for a potential one day discount, one week discount , or whatever the owner is comfortable with to other members. Good for the business, they get exposure and new traffic. Good for the members because they get a discount for something they may have been interested in. Being a member in knight society will be an advantage for anyone who bleeds scarlet. You can also choose to not want to participate in any of these events and just “donate” for the athletes to benefit haha

Geo, I have been a Rutgers Basketball and Football season ticketholder since 1983 and a Rutgers sports fan since 1976. Thank you, Eric, and all involved in your new project. I have never met you so I don’t know how you react to negative and cynical people, but just ignore them. They are worth less than what is on the bottom of a farmers boot. It took me far too many years to realize people of that level are a poison that should be avoided as much as possible. Thank you again for everything you have done for Rutgers and for your future success.

Geo, I have been a Rutgers Basketball and Football season ticketholder since 1983 and a Rutgers sports fan since 1976. Thank you, Eric, and all involved in your new project. I have never met you so I don’t know how you react to negative and cynical people, but just ignore them. They are worth less than what is on the bottom of a farmers boot. It took me far too many years to realize people of that level are a poison that should be avoided as much as possible. Thank you again for everything you have done for Rutgers and for your future success.
No one here is being negative . If anything it’s all positive reactions and asking how it works. You’re delusional

Last edited:
Don’t forget trying to pull in some locations in south Jersey!

great idea Geo— congrats and good luck.

Haha no sir! Check out our website! This is a lot more than NIL. What we are trying to do is create the best possible experience for anyone in the rutgers ecosystem that even the biggest NIL haters will want to be a member. We are lining up for our members to receive discounts at local bars and restaurants, specific bars for us to all go to on gamedays in both Hoboken and NYC, networking events, casual events, exclusive access to athletes, and the list honestly goes on. If you’re a small business owner or entrepreneur and are a member, then me and Eric will work with your business to help promote it in return for a potential one day discount, one week discount , or whatever the owner is comfortable with to other members. Good for the business, they get exposure and new traffic. Good for the members because they get a discount for something they may have been interested in. Being a member in knight society will be an advantage for anyone who bleeds scarlet. You can also choose to not want to participate in any of these events and just “donate” for the athletes to benefit haha
This sounds like a great idea . Good luck to you and Eric and hopeful to support it !
Geo , obviously you’re very familiar with NIL. Hopefully one day you can share ideas with this fanbase as what we can do as fans to organize and raise funds to help rutgers . Maybe there is a way for us to help with recruiting or retaining players via a small fund .

@Plum Street Incredibly excited for @Geo_Baker_1 & what he's doing with The Knight Society. It's going to be the premier community for Rutgers fans. I have no doubt about that, and signed up for the wait list as a proud NYC resident RU alumnus. Geo & Eric are top-shelf people.

Regarding your question about NIL & Rutgers - specifically as it pertains to working with existing RU athletes - that type of collective launched on May 5 in the form of Knights of The Raritan.

More info here: https://knightsoftheraritan.com/

Reactions: Plum Street
Geo best of luck with your new venture. Had the pleasure to see you play and hit so many big shots, a big thank you for all you've done and continue to do. It was a pleasure watching you and I'm looking forward to seeing you succeed in the business portion of your life just as you did on the hardwood!

@Plum Street Incredibly excited for @Geo_Baker_1 & what he's doing with The Knight Society. It's going to be the premier community for Rutgers fans. I have no doubt about that, and signed up for the wait list as a proud NYC resident RU alumnus. Geo & Eric are top-shelf people.

Regarding your question about NIL & Rutgers - specifically as it pertains to working with existing RU athletes - that type of collective launched on May 5 in the form of Knights of The Raritan.

More info here: https://knightsoftheraritan.com/
I think a good question is how as fans can we affect recruiting in a positive way? Look at A&M football.
Say we had some funds to lure the st. Bonaventure guy , could the fans make a difference in the portal ?
Would love a take on this and any ideas we can to help our teams

I think a good question is how as fans can we affect recruiting in a positive way? Look at A&M football.
Say we had some funds to lure the st. Bonaventure guy , could the fans make a difference in the portal ?
Would love a take on this and any ideas we can to help our teams
agree, i would have no problem donating if it's confirmed 100% the money is going to a recruited player fund. would need to be certain my money is not going to into CV$ pockets.

Ncaa rules prohibit boosters talking to kids in the portal and trying to sway them to your school. What the knight society and tkr are establishing is a relationship with the current athletes so that way a coach can look at a recruit and say these are in place and are currently taking care of our athletes.

It sounds like a really great idea, Geo.

I hope you’ll consider folding in members-only youth clinic events across the state (run by current players and alum for all sports). Though that probably requires more work than coordinating social events, you’d attract a different audience of members through youth sport and a different avenue of community engagement.

Best of luck to you guys!

agree, i would have no problem donating if it's confirmed 100% the money is going to a recruited player fund. would need to be certain my money is not going to into CV$ pockets.

Ncaa rules prohibit boosters talking to kids in the portal and trying to sway them to your school. What the knight society and tkr are establishing is a relationship with the current athletes so that way a coach can look at a recruit and say these are in place and are currently taking care of our athletes.
Maybe this is something where coaches need to be the intermediary between the NIL establishment and the player ?
Texas A&M football just paid for the best recruiting class in the country .

#This

Neither of the NIL initiatives are focused on direct pay-to-play. They are being set up to develop an infrastructure at RU than enables and empowers current student-athletes to monetize their NILs. The derivative impact of a successful structure like this is that coaches can use the story for recruitment. I.e., Pike or Greg go "come to RU, we have these collectives in place that have been hugely successful for our athletes...better than what you'll get at xyz school".

Rutgers will never be successful, in my opinion, in the direct buy-a-player space of NIL. From funding, to regulatory/compliance issues, to cultural differences... we are not Miami with Ruiz, or TAMU with a historic culture of payments under the table.

I get that a small group of people only see NIL as buying players... but that's not where KTR or KS are playing.

Will The Knight Society and Knights of the Raritan work together or are they competing ventures?

Will The Knight Society and Knights of the Raritan work together or are they competing ventures?
We are different ventures with different ways of attacking various problems. Problem 1: Empowering student-athletes (both KS and KTR in different ways). Problem 2: developing and empowering the broader student and alumni bases by providing opportunities for networking (KS). Problem 3: Pooling funds from fans and corporate (differences in method, but both KS and KTR).

I don't want to speak for Geo though - KS is a great initiative and I am sure I overly simplified his vision in trying to provide a board answer. There may be opportunities for both of the initiatives to work together in the future, but at this time, we are all working toward achieving the goals separately.

Geo's exactly right. Knight Society has an NIL component, but their vision clearly states that they're creating an entire community for Rutgers fans. Knights of The Raritan's express goal is to work with existing RU athletes on NIL partnerships. Both groups will have a crucial impact on the RU ecosystem in the coming months and years.

If you watched Rutgers Basketball in the past 70 years and have an instagram account, we should all be giving Geo's instagram account a follow at the bare minimum. I will be on the look out for these events.

Knights support each other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT