ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Fonseca

I don't pretend, I'm just aware....there's a big difference. Some fans aren't willing to dig into the details or watch games. Mag narrative got launched into orbit and has crashed back to earth.....maybe folks should listen a little more.
Aren’t you the guy who said losing Cam Spencer wasn’t a big deal right before he became the most efficient scorer in the country?

Oh yea... he also promised that same high scoring offense when Mag went down last year
Need I pull up the countless Scangg posts saying Mag is God's gift to Rutgers Basketball and the key to a successful year as starter with Dylan and Ace lol? Scangg man, massive swing and miss on Mawat.

Don't forget how many times he tried telling us that Cam Spencer wasn't that good
😂 Number 1 in offense efficiency in the country!
Check out this you tube video.
Pike need to spend all offseason studying this!
“why this offense is basketball poetry”
Hoop vision 68

Reactions: biazza38
The amount of off ball screening and cutting is gorgeous to watch vs the standing and watching we see from Rutgers

Awesome isn’t it? Not very complicated!
Tonight from Rutgers the amount of standing around made my eyes bleed 🩸
Thanks for posting the video, not something
That comes easy to me.

Last edited:
Awesome isn’t it? Not very complicated!
Tonight from Rutgers the amount of standing around made my eyes bleed 🩸
Yeaaa I talked to my dad after the game and he only watches some games. His main point was the standing around. Just constantly we see this or just lame pointless movement. Mostly its standing around then Cliff sets a high screen which is occasionally used. It's just tough to watch

Even if the players didn't know what they were doing, but constantly setting screens and cutting better things would happen

I disagree 2004, Scangg has great takes!
🤣 I didn't even see his post bc he's on ignore, but thanks

I never said Mag was God's gift to basketball 🤣

I still think a healthy Mag with experience and familiarity with Pike's system would be a good fit next year. He's a role player who can thrive in a role where there are scorers we can go to

Mag not healthy on a team that's terrible offensively is less valuable, but the team was still horrible down the stretch again this year with him out... really bad

If we can replace Mag with someone as good or ideally better I'm all for it. I don't expect him back

I would caution that portal transfers don't always work out, and we could end up with someone worse. I also pushed back on Hawk saying Dortch and Grant will be upgrades next year. It's possible, but relying on a freshman vs a senior healthy Mag it seems unlikely

Need proven veterans around Ace and Dylan for next year to reach max potential. Relying on too many freshman for too big of a role is a very very risky move that could lead to a let down of a season

I think these are all extremely reasonable takes 🤷‍♂️

🤣 I didn't even see his post bc he's on ignore, but thanks

I never said Mag was God's gift to basketball 🤣

I still think a healthy Mag with experience and familiarity with Pike's system would be a good fit next year. He's a role player who can thrive in a role where there are scorers we can go to

Mag not healthy on a team that's terrible offensively is less valuable, but the team was horrible down the stretch with him out still

If we can replace Mag with someone as good or better I'm all for it. I don't expect him back

I would caution that portal transfers don't always work out, and we could end up with someone worse. I also pushed back on Hawk saying Dortch and Grant will be upgrades next year. It's possible, but relying on a freshman vs a senior healthy Mag it seems unlikely

Need proven veterans around Ace and Dylan for next year to reach max potential. Relying on too many freshman for too big of a role is a very very risky move that could lead to a let down of a season
I agree on Mag, he is not the same guy as before the injury

Reactions: shields and Scangg
I agree on Mag, he is not the same guy as before the injury
Yes, unfortunate for him but another year removed from the injury you would have to expect a better version of him next season. A full off season is very important for a player developing his game still like Mag... again I don't expect him back next season, but if he has a strong year elsewhere it wouldn't be surprising

Reactions: socaldave
Aren’t you the guy who said losing Cam Spencer wasn’t a big deal right before he became the most efficient scorer in the country?

I think Spencer playing on a loaded roster and being efficient, isn't necessarily the same thing as investing or overpaying for the following year. Both things can be true.

Notice how you left out Mulcahy who didn't perform this year and actually went to Washington and didn't perform well. Common sense would tell you that investing into 2024-25 makes much more sense than this year.

In time or by now you should know that JWill is part of next year and so would have been Ndongo.....

Losing Ndongo was a hit that RU wasn't going to overcome but i feel pretty certain that wasn't something in the plans.....you don't just replace Top prospects in May or June.........

I thought it could have been done if everyone pulled together and was in sync. Obviously the signals on Mag not contributing any time for the 1st 10 or so games, when a handful of minutes during those games, could have set a better example.....but not the end of the world.

I also didn't see Simpson and others taking a step back, wasn't part of my thoughts.

I also 100% own that i thought investing into Gavin Griffiths was a better choice than Cam Spencer. It took awhile but I feel like Gavin finished up with some signs that he's part of the puzzle next year and beyond.....investing or burning money on Spencer this year, wasn't a good decision....investing in the portal in 2024-25, is a better choice.

So I have a lot more right then wrong.....hope you can see that.

Reactions: tm_nj and RUsojo
If this is true - what happens if Mag wants to return?
Does he stay?
Does HC Pike go Deion Sanders/Pitino and run him off the team regardless just to bring in a transfer?

If this is true - what happens if Mag wants to return?
Does he stay?
Does HC Pike go Deion Sanders/Pitino and run him off the team regardless just to bring in a transfer?
Addition by subtraction. This team needs a heart transplant.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Need I pull up the countless Scangg posts saying Mag is God's gift to Rutgers Basketball and the key to a successful year as starter with Dylan and Ace lol? Scangg man, massive swing and miss on Mawat.
I'm not sure Mag being out for most of the season and the season sucking is the evidence against Scangg's take that you think it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
Mag "I didn't feel like myself" so he did not play. LOL. That is BS. And of course he would deny quitting on his team. I used to luv that guy.
I agree that the phrase used in quoted above seems pretty damning. I’ll give Mag the benefit of the doubt (or try to!) and say that he’s been traumatized by his injury, and is now being overly cautious, not willfully, but because he is mentally unable to get over the hurdle.

The difference is I'm not buying into nonsense 2 years is a row like you are. Sometimes when the evidence is right in your face, it takes a year for you to realize it.

Soooo.....I'll ask again.....what evidence do you have that a player who shuts it down, is some sort of difference maker?? I actually support Mag if that's his decision, it's his career and he has to do whatever is best for him.....

But what you fail to realize is I never placed the players ability on a pedestal, buying into him as a difference maker. And the fans gassed him up and your mad at me for not buying it?? You should have just listened from the beginning and none of this nonsense would have spiraled out of control.......🤣🤣
Was it the Maryland coach who said Mag is our entire defense? Did he maybe say something like he was one of the best defenders in the country? I can't remember the exact quote. So one of two things must be true. Either a) you think an elite defender makes no difference or b) you think you're smarter than a B1G-level head basketball coach. Which one is it?

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
Was it the Maryland coach who said Mag is our entire defense? Did he maybe say something like he was one of the best defenders in the country? I can't remember the exact quote. So one of two things must be true. Either a) you think an elite defender makes no difference or b) you think you're smarter than a B1G-level head basketball coach. Which one is it?
Definitely B, lol

Yeaaa I talked to my dad after the game and he only watches some games. His main point was the standing around. Just constantly we see this or just lame pointless movement. Mostly its standing around then Cliff sets a high screen which is occasionally used. It's just tough to watch

Even if the players didn't know what they were doing, but constantly setting screens and cutting better things would happen
Love this. Agree with you and your dad. If you’re standing there for two seconds tops, MOVE, and go do something useful for your team. It’s what I was taught and what I teach.

Love this. Agree with you and your dad. If you’re standing there for two seconds tops, MOVE, and go do something useful for your team. It’s what I was taught and what I teach.
I think the easiest example is Curry. Watch the guy move off the ball. Everyone knows he's taking a 3, and he still getse open and gets his shot off.

Reactions: darkcheck
Folks, let it go.....the roster turnover will be underway. If fans stopped the Mag narrative and overhype last year when someone tried to slow the nonsense, it wouldn't have filtered and spread into this year. "Never get high on your own supply"....aka Biggie Smalls. .LMAO
Real journalists writing real articles with quotes from the players themselves should be praised. That was a tough question to ask and he did it. Yet you praise BAC for his regularly and old regurgitating of a game we all see lol.

In all seriousness....what's the point for JaMike or Awill or Jwill or Derek to move and come off screens.

That Maryland 1st half at the RAC last year was the best defensive half i have ever seen. It was ridiculous.

Don't feel like myself today

Maybe will call out, eat some cereal and play some video games.
Did I see the word cereal?

He Likes It Life Cereal GIF

Reactions: toby83
In all seriousness....what's the point for JaMike or Awill or Jwill or Derek to move and come off screens.
Do you know how soccer is called the beautiful game? Basketball is like that too when it is played the right way. The game will be much better to watch, even if we continue to miss all our shots, because our guys can’t shoot. At least it will be pretty.

This

No one will take Hawk seriously since he still tries to claim that we wouldn't have made the tournament if Mag didn't get hurt which is just a non serious take
Thanks for saving me the typing. He's a good fan and knowledgeable, but has some major blind spots, like this one.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT