ADVERTISEMENT

The last play in regulation

Loyal_2RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2001
Should go to whomever Coach wants it to go to. But it should be a drive to the hoop, a mid-range runner/floater or post up. Something where you have a higher percentage shot and date then to foul you.

Tie game with plenty of time it should not be a step back three.

That was a vanity play there, not a basketball play.

And I love both Pike and Geo. But not a good job there.

Loyal

Last edited:
Should go to whomever calling wants it to go to. But it should be a drive to the hoop, a mid-range runner/floater or post up. Something where you have a higher percentage shot and date then to foul you.

Loyal
Lousy play. Run a play.

You see this a lot, when only 1 or 2 is needed to win. Ohio St lost in tourney on similar shot decision, one of many I see especially at Tournament time.
Since, the opponent does not get to shoot fouls if a charge in called, there is no harm in a drive, drive & dish situation. especially when only 1 is needed to win..

No issues with calling Baker's number here. He has a track record of hitting big shots in that situation, and holding the ball for a final shot eliminates any chance of losing to a buzzer beater. Driving and/or passing risks a turnover and heave for Lehigh.

My only quibble is whether he could have gotten a bit closer we didn't need a three, and I think he could have stopped and pulled up just inside the arc if he'd made a push forward.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I wanted to see Geo take it down to 3-4 ticks, drive and pull up for a 15 footer OR hit RHJ with his back to the basket and let him take the last shot.

Awful low percentage play. There are a ton of better plays that could have been called against a very inferior opponent.

Reactions: Rutgers36
Should go to whomever calling wants it to go to. But it should be a drive to the hoop, a mid-range runner/floater or post up. Something where you have a higher percentage shot and date then to foul you.

Loyal
Totally agree. 100%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT