ADVERTISEMENT

Football The official 2020 Rutgers Football roster

QB Vedral chose #0 ... could be the leaders of both football and basketball will don that number

Notes: (The players that are not on the roster could have opted out instead)
Nihym Anderson is not on the roster
Jamier Wright-Collins is at RB
Peyton Powell is at DB
Brian Ugwu is at DE. Added 12lbs (234lbs now)
Shawn Collins is at DE.
Anton Oskarsson is not on the roster.
Owen Bowles is not on the roster.
Mike Lonsdorf is not on the roster.
Matt Thomas is not on the roster.
Donald Williams is not on the roster.
Chris Long and Robert Longerbeam are listed as WRs.
Jessie Parson is listed as a WR.

Bryan Felter is nearly 300 lbs, might be big enough to play early.
Rene Konga is at 265lbs, SDE or maybe an inside player in the future?
Brandon White is big and physical. Will be a factor vs the run.
Tre Avery grew an inch?
Julius Turner is 15lbs lighter (265lbs now). He may be just a rotational player now.
Devin Baldwin added 17lbs (277lbs now).
Zukudo Igwenagu added 22lbs (242 now). He could end up being a factor with his athleticism.
Drew Singleton dropped 10lbs (222 now).
Omari Cooper lost 11lbs (271 now). Probably too light to be a full time player.
Reggie Sutton is up 11lbs (291lbs now). Look for him to start at LG.
Jovani Haskins at 251 lbs is the best combo of run blocker and passcatcher at TE.
Very thin at DB.

Did we miss something? Mason came in as frosh in 2017. he didn't see any action. In 2018 as a red-shirt frosh he broke his leg in the first game of the season. He missed the rest of the year. The following year (2019) as a red-shirt Soph Mason played in 11 games. This year, 2020, should be his red-shirt Jr. season. Academically Mason should a senior with another year left to play. Unless Mason doesn't plan on coming back.

Did we miss something? Mason came in as frosh in 2017. he didn't see any action. In 2018 as a red-shirt frosh he broke his leg in the first game of the season. He missed the rest of the year. The following year (2019) as a red-shirt Soph Mason played in 11 games. This year, 2020, should be his red-shirt Jr. season. Academically Mason should a senior with another year left to play. Unless Mason doesn't plan on coming back.

Class is different from eligibility year

So we still lack legit B1G size on both sides of the O & D lines . Hopefully within 2 years we will finally achieve parity and correct those areas. DB and TE/WR are also an issue. Need to stay healthy going forward.

Is this season a "freebie" per se ? If a player opts out for season does he retain the year eligibility ?

Notes: (The players that are not on the roster could have opted out instead)
Nihym Anderson is not on the roster
Jamier Wright-Collins is at RB
Peyton Powell is at DB
Brian Ugwu is at DE. Added 12lbs (234lbs now)
Shawn Collins is at DE.
Anton Oskarsson is not on the roster.
Owen Bowles is not on the roster.
Mike Lonsdorf is not on the roster.
Matt Thomas is not on the roster.
Donald Williams is not on the roster.
Chris Long and Robert Longerbeam are listed as WRs.
Jessie Parson is listed as a WR.

Bryan Felter is nearly 300 lbs, might be big enough to play early.
Rene Konga is at 265lbs, SDE or maybe an inside player in the future?
Brandon White is big and physical. Will be a factor vs the run.
Tre Avery grew an inch?
Julius Turner is 15lbs lighter (265lbs now). He may be just a rotational player now.
Devin Baldwin added 17lbs (277lbs now).
Zukudo Igwenagu added 22lbs (242 now). He could end up being a factor with his athleticism.
Drew Singleton dropped 10lbs (222 now).
Omari Cooper lost 11lbs (271 now). Probably too light to be a full time player.
Reggie Sutton is up 11lbs (291lbs now). Look for him to start at LG.
Jovani Haskins at 251 lbs is the best combo of run blocker and passcatcher at TE.
Very thin at DB.
Thanks for this. Did we expect Lonsdorf to be in the rotation? OL is thin. Really need Sutton and Hanson to step up.

we're really small across the DL. i count 4 guys who are prototypical DT size, and two of them are freshmen.

Yes. And fitness. If a Gleeson offense is operating a full capacity, the OL is going to have to be fit enough to run plays very quickly.
I'm worried about the OLine depth in that case. This might be one of the weakest Olines we've had in a while and that's saying something. Hopefully they get coached up and execute.

Lot of names that aren't familiar to me. Glad our top 3 RB's are all back, hope they spread it around to keep them fresh, maybe 20, 15 and 10 for carry distribution. Hoped Bordner would be more than 284 as an OL. Cruickshank at 160 lbs, needs a cheeseburger or two. Davidovicz a senior already, hope he has a great year and steals a game or two for us. Felter was here in the spring I believe, may be pushed into service. I think we have good options at TE now, hope they get use. Hoping Cole Snyder gets some touches this year and can help us down the road. If Vretman does not pan out that OL class that looked promising would be a washout, 5.8 Clark gone, 5.7 Vretman ?, 5.6 Bowles gone.

Reactions: rUBusti22
OLine is smaller. On purpose? For speed?
Maybe but maybe
Lot of names that aren't familiar to me. Glad our top 3 RB's are all back, hope they spread it around to keep them fresh, maybe 20, 15 and 10 for carry distribution. Hoped Bordner would be more than 284 as an OL. Cruickshank at 160 lbs, needs a cheeseburger or two. Davidovicz a senior already, hope he has a great year and steals a game or two for us. Felter was here in the spring I believe, may be pushed into service. I think we have good options at TE now, hope they get use. Hoping Cole Snyder gets some touches this year and can help us down the road. If Vretman does not pan out that OL class that looked promising would be a washout, 5.8 Clark gone, 5.7 Vretman ?, 5.6 Bowles gone.
Bordner was a D lineman last season. Isn’t his switch to the O line new under this staff? He is athletic with good feet and upper body strength. This is his 3rd year and this one does not factor in. By next year he’ll be 305-310 lbs.

Maybe but maybe

Bordnear was a D lineman last season. Isn’t his switch to the O line new under this staff? He is athletic with good feet and upper body strength. This is his 3rd year and this one does not factor in. By next year he’ll be 305-310 lbs.
Bowles was for some reason not a part even after being a decent recruit In high school.

Thanks for this. Did we expect Lonsdorf to be in the rotation? OL is thin. Really need Sutton and Hanson to step up.

Considering the state of the roster, he was good depth.

This is how I have the roster btw:
Rutgers-2020-10-12.jpg

Pretty light at DB and oline.

When last under Schiano our O line contained multiple NFL lineman who were not only B1G size but also agile and in condition... give me 6’5 - 6’8 lineman in the 300 to 315 lb range... we have had too many undersized D and especially O linemen for too long ... we already see this in the incoming 21 class ...

OL is key imo. Otherwise Vedral will end up running for his life. We need to upgrade our OL play from last season or the offense will not function well.

OL is key imo. Otherwise Vedral will end up running for his life. We need to upgrade our OL play from last season or the offense will not function well.
Like Nova who had to run for his life and yet someone here thought our O line was good at the time. O line is the key definitely to improving the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT