ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PRINCETON PREDICTION THREAD

Princeton 76
Rutgers 71

Stumble out of the gates. In a game that reminds us of Temple last year, start slow and the comeback runs out of time.

Rutgers 65 Princeton 62

I'm not convinced Rutgers has the 3 point shooting to win games by double digits.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Cliff scores 25..
We hit our FTs

We win 72-63 but it is close until the last 5 mins

Princeton 70
Rutgers 64

Just called an 8-3 out of conference. This is one of the 3 unfortunately.

Boo me.

Not the same Princeton team as last year - and they went on a magical run (weren’t killers all year). Pike tells the guys to get out and run and have some fun. Think 3s fall against less athletic close outs and size

RU rolls (and everyone here starts prematurely talking about us being a top 4 seed)…. 79-59

Too many people putting too much stock into last year’s tourney run. Sure, Princeton’s a good Ivy team and not one we should take lightly — but if we feel we’re at least a bubble Big Ten team this is a game we should pick up.

RU 73 - Princeton 64

Reactions: Scangg
Am I missing something?
Everyone was outraged we were picked 9th in the media poll.

But now most are predicting a close game (some even a loss) against a likely sub-100 team on a neutral court?
Agreed. I think some people don’t like the game in principle so they are predicting a negative outcome to justify their position. Get to say “told you so” which is like crack on a message board. This isn’t the Carril offense, it’s not like having to prepare for a one off scheme. We should expect to win.

Am I missing something?
Everyone was outraged we were picked 9th in the media poll.

But now most are predicting a close game (some even a loss) against a likely sub-100 team on a neutral court?
Who was outraged?

Princeton's returners from the NCAA run, vs Ws AZ & Mizz, L Creighton
Alloco(113 min, 2pt 6-21, 3pt 2-12, 23 pts), vs 7 top100, 2pt 14-44, 3pt 9-29, 23-73 31.5%
Pierce(99 min, 2pt 6-12, 3pt 1-8, 19 pts), vs 7 top100, 2pt 12-26, 3pt 8-29, 20-55 36.4%
Peters(55 min, 2pt 1-2, 3pt 10-19, 35 pts), vs 7 top100, 2pt 1-3, 3pt 19-39
Martini(63 min, 2pt 2-2, 3pt 2-9, 10 pts), vs 7 top100, 2pt 3-5, 3pt 9-29, 12-34 35.3%
They lost 3 of their top 5 from that run, 1 NBA, 1 to NW, 1 to FGCU.

2022-23 season opener after losing to Houston, Rutgers struggled to beat #302 Lehigh(13-19) in OT the next year when we lost JY, Myles and Tez, 3 of our top 6 and didn't add much except Jaden Jones and Jalen Miller.

This year, Rutgers lost 2 players that didn't step up when we needed them to after Mag went down and a defensive stopper that struggled to consistently score. We added quite a few options, transfers and freshman, in the offseason. Besides Peters being a 3pt shooting threat, none of the other players worry me and Princeton doesn't have much size or depth in the frontcourt. It might be close for a half but we should wear them down and win going away.

Rutgers 74
Princeton 63

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT