ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-VIRGINIA TECH PREDICTION THREAD

Rutgers 35 Hokies 20 in front of a sold out crowd that empties out in 4th quarter
Rutgers won 35-16 at home last year. Rutgers has gotten better in several areas. Va Tech is a question mark, but home game makes this one closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeantownKnight
I don't think we've ever won in Blacksburg.

I think we win.

20-13.

Rutgers is 4-12 against V Tech. Prior to last year's win, Rutgers last defeated V Tech on October 31, 1992, 50-49. RU was on a 3 game win streak. Time to keep the win streak going.
Yes I just checked. All 4 wins in NB/Piscataway. So let's end another streak Saturday at a very difficult place to play.

Reactions: Knight Shift
VT lost to Vandy who lost to Georgia State. The transitive property would have you feeling good about this one.

I think it comes down to whether or not Powell and Bailey are playing. We'll need our best defense against their QB.

As we all know they have a MASSIVE home field advantage. It will be a hornets nest. Hopefully, RU is running the offense with the speakers blaring in practice this week.

VT lost to Vandy who lost to Georgia State. The transitive property would have you feeling good about this one.

I think it comes down to whether or not Powell and Bailey are playing. We'll need our best defense against their QB.

As we all know they have a MASSIVE home field advantage. It will be a hornets nest. Hopefully, RU is running the offense with the speakers blaring in practice this week.
At least it’s not at night.

I saw some kinks in our armor in the first game, and some of it was fixed in the 2nd game. VT has one heck of a good RB in Bhayshul Tuten and he will get his yards. And we know what a good scrambler and passer Kyron Drones is. I'm still not sure how our 2ndary will fare. That being said, it looked like VT was susceptible to the run, which we are really good at and I think our OL will give the Manis time to throw some good strikes.

RU-28 VT-24

I saw some kinks in our armor in the first game, and some of it was fixed in the 2nd game. VT has one heck of a good RB in Bhayshul Tuten and he will get his yards. And we know what a good scrambler and passer Kyron Drones is. I'm still not sure how our 2ndary will fare. That being said, it looked like VT was susceptible to the running, which we are really good at and I think our OL will give the Manis time to throw some good strikes.

RU-28 VT-24
Chinks not kinks, dag-gummit! We win, nonetheless. 31 - 23.

Rutgers 24-17

I think it'll be a ground it out game with safe short passing. We don't look so good running early and might go down at half. (we always start slow) But eventually the body blows wear them down from making it a physical game through out.

Last edited:
Reactions: GillesDeleuze
We're gonna be healthy, we're gonna be pumped to "open" the season, and Greg and his staff with 2-weeks? Oh and they can't stop the run:

RU 34
VT 24

RU - 41
VaTech - 20 (or, 21 .. jury still out) 😄

Like most here report, our run game will not be denied. I thought folks were saying that Drones looked slow or immobile in their first (two?) games. Obviously, he was a big run threat last year. Is he the same?

We need to play great defense. But, not because we need to beat a once great program from an awful conference. We need to be ready for our conference slate which begins the following week.

What’s Al’s “hammering” prediction?
My prediction is very difficult game, we struggle with agile QB’s and this one is big and physical.
Our second level young linebackers have a very difficult job choosing coverage or contain.
To close to call imo.

I don't do predictions but love the enthusiasm here so far. Only one fan predicting a loss. I feel good about this team overall and like our chances on Saturday.

Reactions: Kbee3
What’s Al’s “hammering” prediction?
My prediction is very difficult game, we struggle with agile QB’s and this one is big and physical.
Our second level young linebackers have a very difficult job choosing coverage or contain.
To close to call imo.
who do you think will win?

score ??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT