ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-WISCONSIN PREDICTION THREAD

Don't be surprised to see the rotation a bit different than we have seen. Expect guys to step up who haven't so far. Don't be shocked to see Peter Kiss dusted off and get some action.

It is possible we get 10-20 minutes with Yeboah as the 5. Very good chance Paul plays 20+ minutes and looks good. There are people on the floor that Paul will be able to guard. I am also hoping this is the game Caleb breaks out, but if not there could be a spot for Kiss.

I see Paul 8 points 5 rebounds 6 assists. The game will come down to how Geo, Caleb and Ron shoot it from the perimeter.

Don't be surprised to see the rotation a bit different than we have seen. Expect guys to step up who haven't so far. Don't be shocked to see Peter Kiss dusted off and get some action.

It is possible we get 10-20 minutes with Yeboah as the 5. Very good chance Paul plays 20+ minutes and looks good. There are people on the floor that Paul will be able to guard. I am also hoping this is the game Caleb breaks out, but if not there could be a spot for Kiss.

I see Paul 8 points 5 rebounds 6 assists. The game will come down to how Geo, Caleb and Ron shoot it from the perimeter.
Ron and Geo are due

Must win to keep winning season a realistic option.Small margin for error at home and none on the road.

Rutgers 65 Wisconsin 62

Seriously doubt we'll see Kiss here.

Key is whether Jacob Young, Mathis and Geo Baker rebound jump shots and make Davison take difficult shots.

Kobe King will get the assignment of Ron Harper....Aleem Ford and Wahl will have to play more minutes chasing Yeboah and Caleb.

RU 68, Wisconsin 61.

Reactions: RUsojo
Like us, Wisky has not played as well on the road (they’ve lost all 3 of their games away from home).

Wisky will try to slow us down so it will be a lower scoring game.

I think Jacob and Montez can hound their guards, and in general will keep them off-balance while helping us to push the pace. If those two play well, especially on D, we’ll win.

We should avoid fouling them too much. As a team they shoot 79% from the line.

Lastly, they have shot poorly from deep on the road (26%, 8%, 22%), all losses, so there again, if our guards can smother them at the arc without fouling too much, we’ll win.

With home court advantage, this one goes to the Knights, 65-58.

Seriously doubt we'll see Kiss here.
RU 68, Wisconsin 61.

I am not privy what goes on at practice. Obviously if that isn’t going well then forget it.

My thinking is 2 fold....
1. More minutes go to perimeter players because we may be able to roll Yeboah at 5
2. Caleb appears to have lost confidence in pulling the trigger from deep. If Paul can get more minutes because of a slower Wisconsin shooters (vs slashers)complement best what he can do.

Last year
Reuvers 38.1%
Pritzl 41.0%
Davidson 34.9%
Trice 39.0%

Total 30.7% 245th 2020
Total 35.9% 95th 2019

The 4 games they shot a good percentage they beat Marquette and Indiana and 2 other teams by A LITTLE UNDER 20,

Those 4 were all home games. My point is they have shot threes poorly on the road.

Btw chances are the new distance has had some affect on the 3-pt shooting percentage for those guys this year, which I believe has also affected our guys so far this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: zebnatto
RU 62, WI 58. Gotta have this game and we are good enough not to lose all of this 4 game stretch. Being home and the crowd helps.

Hello, knight fans. I won't predict a score or a victor, but just some info.

UW is 5-0 at home, 0-4 away from home (the first game against St. Mary's might be listed as a home game, but it was played in Sioux Falls, SD). Only one of those was a true road game, the other 3 were neutral-site. The difference in shooting percentages home and not-home is wide. This is not a home game, so if the precedent predicts the future, UW might struggle to make shots.

For me, the biggest good sign the Badgers had in the last game (a blowout of previously unbeaten Indiana) was that they only committed 4 turnovers for the game. Even in the other wins, UW had been sloppy by anyone's standards, but particularly theirs - taking care of the ball has been a strategic staple of the program for years. We'll see if they figured something out or if it was just a momentary blip in the right direction. RU seems to be pretty good at forcing turnovers, so that could be a key.

Unlike most years, this version of the Badgers has its scoring spread out among lots of players. I think in the Marquette game, there were 6 double digit scorers. Also, everyone on the floor can shoot (not they can also make it consistently enough :-)), which was not the case in the Ethan Happ era - he was a great player for us, but he could not shoot outside the lane, and neither could the now-graduated Khalil Iverson. That being said, Nate Reuvers is not nearly as adept an inside scorer as Happ, so the team is a bit more perimeter- oriented with a less consistent ability to score in the paint. That being said, Reuvers is still probably UW's best player.

RU is also catching a bit of a break in that this is the last game the Badgers have to play without Ohio St. transfer Micah Potter. The NCAA disallowed his request to play before the end of the semester - a source of great frustration for everyone. Anyway, he's another big that would have given the Badgers more depth and experience in the post, which could have been useful for this game. In the scrimmage before the season, many who saw it said he was the best player on the floor. He didn't fit with what OSU was doing, and he's more of the prototype Wisconsin big.

Reactions: BillyC80
The guy above lost all credibility in the end.....he used the word saw and scrimmage in the same sentence.

We’ll either win by a point or two in a great game or Wisconsin will shoot lights out from 3 for the first time this year and blow us out at home. My gut (fresh off a new round of probiotics) is dead set on these as the only two possible outcomes.

Hope I'm wrong for a change, but Wisky has better hoops smarts than RU overall

Their ball movement will slow down the pace and they will drain dagger 3s

Rutgers loses a frustrating contest and limps into the SHU game.

Wisky 57
RU 50

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT