ADVERTISEMENT

The RAC ran out of parking

The brain trust created a “green lot overflow” in the yellow lot. That is what was barracked. Not for handicapped. Problem is, if you have
Green lot passes and it is full, you can’t get to this other section. So it goes empty. I wrote to Hobbs and spoke to the ticket office. They have no answer. Best thing to do is arrive as early as you can.

I got to the game 30 minutes before tipoff and was able to find a spot in the D section. Stayed until the end of the game and it took me 20 minutes to exit the lot. Usually there is an understanding of alternating merge when jockeying to get into a lane. Not tonight, people were maniacs behind the wheel.

I know law mandates a certain percentage of all parking be reserved for handicap spaces, but seems like our barracaded section is always like over 95% empty.

That’s interesting because the Green lot, which is closer to the RAC and where all of the handicapped parking should be, has not nearly enough spaces. All of the spots are filled an hour before game time. I had a hell of a time a month ago trying to find a spot close enough for my 90 year old Dad to walk to the RAC.

They need to make more parking lots on Rockefeller Road to the left of the dorm & Henry's Diner across from the Yellow lot. Years ago the students did not park next to the RAC. Now when we come to a game there are way too many students parking in the Yellow lots. more lots should be built across from the Yellow lots for student parking. The green and the yellow should be for the athletic events at the RAC. I always try to arrive an hour before the game but tonight was the worst.

That’s interesting because the Green lot, which is closer to the RAC and where all of the handicapped parking should be, has not nearly enough spaces. All of the spots are filled an hour before game time. I had a hell of a time a month ago trying to find a spot close enough for my 90 year old Dad to walk to the RAC.

agree its a handicap section but it seems like all the handicapped are already taken up..but by who

Reactions: RU-ROCS
Stop complaining about these things. The RAC has only been open 43 years. It takes a while to work out the kinks. I am concerned about 2069. We only have 50 years left before the 200th anniversary of the first college football game. I don’t think it is going to be enough time to plan anything.

It took me 10 minutes of circling around before I finally parked illegally. This was absolutely ridiculous (I saw the same problem walking through green). You have students parking there and then set aside huge sections of the lots that are empty. What's the point of buying a parking pass if you aren't guaranteed a spot?

The RU Screw? Sure they sold you a parking pass, but did they guarantee available parking?

You just park in the handicap spaces, those are always available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT