ADVERTISEMENT

There were some positives from yesterday's game

ShoreLion85

Redshirt
Oct 17, 2016
First of all, that EMU QB is going to get looks from NFL teams - he is a talent. I thought RU's defense played quite well.

Special teams from last season are vastly improved - both the PK, and the punter. Coverage appears better, too.

RU now has coaches who understand field position, and don't continually give the other teams' offense a short field.

J. Grant looks healed and played well both on O and ST.

This is an inexperienced team that hasn't gotten to the point where they play well in all 3 phases. The Offense was not good yesterday - other than Hicks and Grant. I don't think RU is running the ball enough - RBs are the most talented position on the team - use them.

Tough loss, no doubt. INTs and penalties killed momentum several times, and the O is lacking in playmakers at WR. I think it might be time to lose a red shirts and get the young talent into the games - why not? The team needs confidence that only making big plays will bring.

By the way - what's up with the student section emptying out at halftime? That was an exciting, close game - support your team! Heck, if I can DVR my PSU squad's stomping of Pitt and go to RU vs EMU instead, and stay for the entire game, the students should be there! C'mon kids - support New Jersey's team!

Penn State fan, one question for you. PSU OOC is weak, Ohio State is playing Oklahoma. You need to get Florida State or Oklahoma on your schedule. Is the schedule getting harder?

First of all, that EMU QB is going to get looks from NFL teams - he is a talent. I thought RU's defense played quite well.

Special teams from last season are vastly improved - both the PK, and the punter. Coverage appears better, too.

RU now has coaches who understand field position, and don't continually give the other teams' offense a short field.

This is an inexperienced team that hasn't gotten to the point where they play well in all 3 phases. The Offense was not good yesterday - other than Hicks and Grant. I don't think RU is running the ball enough - RBs are the most talented position on the team - use them.

Tough loss, no doubt. INTs and penalties killed momentum several times, and the O is lacking in playmakers at WR. I think it might be time to lose a red shirts and get the young talent into the games - why not? The team needs confidence that only making big plays will bring.

By the way - what's up with the student section emptying out at halftime? That was an exciting, close game - support your team! Heck, if I can DVR my PSU squad's stomping of Pitt and go to RU vs EMU instead, and stay for the entire game, the students should be there! C'mon kids - support New Jersey's team!
Exciting game???
There are many ways to describe that game but exciting isnt one of them.

Penn State fan, one question for you. PSU OOC is weak, Ohio State is playing Oklahoma. You need to get Florida State or Oklahoma on your schedule. Is the schedule getting harder?

Interesting question; I know we have 2 more in 18 and 19 against Pitt. Haven't really checked future schedules- kind of "in the moment" on this year's schedule, which is quite difficult in conference (cross overs @ Iowa, @ NW, and home vs Nebraska).

Also, not to be critical, but I am a PSU ALUM, not "fan". I am an RU fan, though!

Thanks for your reply, Pitt for example is playing Oklahoma State and PSU. Washington vs PSU would be interesting OOC game.

Your post sucked. The D was not good and hate that you say the NFL will look at their QB ! So what? Does that make us feel better ?? The student section empties out all the time if they even show. Same thing happened against Washington. Why are you acting surprised ?

Your post sucked. The D was not good and hate that you say the NFL will look at their QB ! So what? Does that make us feel better ?? The student section empties out all the time if they even show. Same thing happened against Washington. Why are you acting surprised ?

Wow - I don't think there was any reason to be rude was there? My point on the EMU QB was that he is a very talented player that RU's D played well against. And I wasn't surprised at the students - I was somewhat annoyed - the game was hard fought and close - stay and support RU. I did, and I'll be there next week too (season ticket holder).

Thanks for your reply, Pitt for example is playing Oklahoma State and PSU. Washington vs PSU would be interesting OOC game.

Following up - PSU does have home and homes vs Auburn, Va Tech and WVU upcoming in the 2020 through 2025 seasons. So it looks like AD Barber agrees with you, Shields!

Sorry, but there was very little positive in that game.

Team looked like they spent all thursday and friday drinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT