ADVERTISEMENT

This is on Eugene

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
Inexcusable on Pike’s part. In a pivotal upcoming season full of expectations you don’t let your leading scorer and rebounder transfer. Massive fail on his part.

UPDATE; should have waited for more evidence. All on Eugene and whoever has tampered with him.

Last edited:
Player has dislocated knee, plays through it and not close to 100%, refuses surgery which would knock player out for a season.....player comes back for next season, and dislocated the same knee a 2nd time...

Coach wisely secures a grad transfer to potentially replace a.player who should redshirt this season, get the procedure done and play in 2020-21, for his last season of eligibility, player potentially balks and that is Pike's fault??

Some fans are just out in space, I guess.....

What would be Pike's fault is not securing a better fit and player and not trying to get another PF in here ASAP....not only did Coach land Yeboah, he almost got another quality piece in Hason Ward, but got into his recruitment too late....maybe perhaps Eugene's actions and the recruiting of PFs now makes more sense??

Yep, that's Pike's fault...LMAO

Oh geez...
I'm not being serious. I'm just poking fun at the posts this past season where people lost faith in Pike after one of the bad losses early in the season.

This sucks. It's a typical Rutgers story. But Pike and the players will be okay

Reactions: ancienthooper
Player has dislocated knee, plays through it and not close to 100%, refuses surgery which would knock player out for a season.....player comes back for next season, and dislocated the same knee a 2nd time...

Coach wisely secures a grad transfer to potentially replace a.player who should redshirt this season, get the procedure done and play in 2020-21, for his last season of eligibility, player potentially balks and that is Pike's fault??

Some fans are just out in space, I guess.....

What would be Pike's fault is not securing a better fit and player and not trying to get another PF in here ASAP....not only did Coach land Yeboah, he almost got another quality piece in Hason Ward, but got into his recruitment too late....maybe perhaps Eugene's actions and the recruiting of PFs now makes more sense??

Yep, that's Pike's fault...LMAO
Must, not just admit the optics are beyond bad

I keep wondering if this story is actually true. I wonder because he spelled Pikiell's name wrong. I spoke to him about 3-4 weeks ago and Eugene said he was doing fine. If it is true maybe adding Yeboah bothered him. Hopefully we can find out soon if this is actually correct.

2020 recruiting class is still the most important thing in terms success of the program going forward.

Which makes it mildly concerning that we're without a commit yet (and now with two 2019 spots to fill)

Not sold on Pikiel as a recruiter yet. If true, this is two open scholarships for next year and no strong candidates in sight. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Reactions: soundcrib
I think the optics are great and it is on Pickell in a great way. We got a legit PF to replace EO who would have been questionable with the knee. That’s how you win.

...except that now it's a month later and that's all we've done and still have two open scholarships.

Personally I think were better off with Yeboah in place on Eugene. Yeboah can play 30-32 mins a night and alot more efficiently than Eugene. Eugene killed the offense at times last year and couldnt defend post players. Remember when he got dominated and embarrassed vs illinois, it was horrible to watch

Optics are not an issue, neither is this on Pike. Something is not right. I wouldn't be surprised if tampering by another school is involved. We'll see soon enough.

Reactions: tico brown
Just a head scratcher on so many levels, but this is NOT "on Pike" -- if it's on anybody, it's on Eugene. Consider the following:

- Pike recruits EO from Canada and gives him a scholarship when nobody else would.

- For two straight years, Pike touts that EO is "the most improved player on the roster," and props him up as the unabashed leader and star on the team, and gives him starter's minutes AND a "star's" touches -- even when it bogged down the offense.

- Pike schedules a neutral site game IN CANADA for crying out loud, as a shoutout to his senior captain's hometown.

Despite the above, EO tells Pike on May 28th that he's transferring (Jerry confirmed this in a twitter post), just a few hours after Rutgers announces the game in Toronto. Pike now has extremely limited ability to bring in a quality replacement.

It just HAS to be related to EO's knee situation. Otherwise, I just don't understand how EO could disrespect Pike and the team in this fashion, at this late date.

Optics don't win games.....at least not since I've followed sports
perception is reality.
see Rutgers football program if you have any questions.
so Rutgers as a Bball program ,when attempting to ever take a step and make a tournament in last 28 years..
has lost Mike Rosario,Echenique,Carter, and today Omoruyi!
what a game plan !

Personally I think were better off with Yeboah in place on Eugene. Yeboah can play 30-32 mins a night and alot more efficiently than Eugene. Eugene killed the offense at times last year and couldnt defend post players. Remember when he got dominated and embarrassed vs illinois, it was horrible to watch

The Illinois dude was just in an amazing zone that game...scored on everybody. Ask Jordan Murphy If Eugene can defend in the post?

Reactions: RutgHoops
perception is reality.
see Rutgers football program if you have any questions.
so Rutgers as a Bball program ,when attempting to ever take a step and make a tournament in last 28 years..
has lost Mike Rosario,Echenique,Carter, and today Omoruyi!
what a game plan !

This does not make much sense.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT