ADVERTISEMENT

This is THE game

brookdale-soda

All Conference
Oct 4, 2010
Before the season, I usually pick one game a year on the schedule based on gut feel and say "That's the game".

its the game where I just have a gut feel where the game is going to be unexpectedly and insanely exciting and competitive. I picked the Mich. St. game in 2004, the L'Ville game in 2006, and Arkansas when we played at home, PSU 2 years ago (it was still fun even though we lost) and Mich. St last year (even though we lost, the team had a pulse).

I don't know why i feel this way but I do. There are plenty of legit reasons that Rutgers is the underdog in this matchup. So my question is........What is it that makes this matchup work for Rutgers?

Before the season, I usually pick one game a year on the schedule based on gut feel and say "That's the game".

its the game where I just have a gut feel where the game is going to be unexpectedly and insanely exciting and competitive. I picked the Mich. St. game in 2004, the L'Ville game in 2006, and Arkansas when we played at home, PSU 2 years ago (it was still fun even though we lost) and Mich. St last year (even though we lost, the team had a pulse).

I don't know why i feel this way but I do. There are plenty of legit reasons that Rutgers is the underdog in this matchup. So my question is........What is it that makes this matchup work for Rutgers?
So you 3 for 2 in your "it" games. Not a good average. Not feeling great that your on board.

So you 3 for 2 in your "it" games. Not a good average. Not feeling great that your on board.
His "it" games were games he felt would be competitive, and all of those games were. Mich. St. was #4 when we played them, and we had a shot to tie it in the end. The PSU game we were essentially one tackle away from winning, but we let (IIRC Hamilton) scamper to the 6 when he was being sandwiched between two of our guys who both laid good hits on him. Damnit, I'm pissed all over again.

Reactions: knightsru
His "it" games were games he felt would be competitive, and all of those games were. Mich. St. was #4 when we played them, and we had a shot to tie it in the end. The PSU game we were essentially one tackle away from winning, but we let (IIRC Hamilton) scamper to the 6 when he was being sandwiched between two of our guys who both laid good hits on him. Damnit, I'm pissed all over again.
I was just being a little sarcastic. But his PSU loss should have ended his "it" games as something special.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT