ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Romo

jerzeyguy

All Conference
May 18, 2008
Tonight was most likely Tony Romo's last time suiting up for the Cowboys in front of the Dallas home crowd. I mentioned on Facebook that Romo was a Cowboys "All Timer" and he should've gotten a chance to come in and walk off to a standing ovation. Me and this guy exchanged opinions. He said Romo was never good and didn't deserve any recognition. He didn't win so he was never good. I reasoned Jerry Jones the general manager had alot to do with what Romo could accomplish in Dallas. I know it's mostly Eagles and Giants fans on here - but what's your opinion on Romo. He didn't win anything significant- but did u consider him any good throughout the years playing against him?

34176570-af57-0133-39cc-06e18a8a4ae5.gif

Romo won't find Dez in the Jets playbook. Uncle Jerry will buy him a cozy bench seat.

I know Dallas has homefield. It was his last opportunity to suit and plau in front of the Dallas fans outside of an emergency situation in the playoffs.. Dallas was up 21 pts late in the 4th and their were chants throughout the stadium to see Romo play one more time. The crowd wanted to give him a walk off standing ovation but the Cowboys organization didn't feel he was worthy of it. With the Cowboys organization not giving him that moment and multitudes of Cowboys fans who never liked Romo.. That's why I asked as opposing fans did you ever consider him a good QB. This wasn't about anything other than that simple question.

I believe that Romo''s cap hit will be over $20 million next year. Good luck moving him to another team.

Lifetime Cowboys fan going back to the 60s. Romo was a great QB with some all time great stats. And I have always been a fan. However, I totally disagree with having him play last night. Mostly it would have been a disaster if he played poorly or even worse got hurt. He will be traded and has value. No reason to be sentimental in the business of the NFL.
As for the poster who said Romo = Danny White. Tony Romo is 10,000x a better QB than White. White as a QB was a good punter.

Reactions: jared04
Lifetime Cowboys fan going back to the 60s. Romo was a great QB with some all time great stats. And I have always been a fan. However, I totally disagree with having him play last night. Mostly it would have been a disaster if he played poorly or even worse got hurt. He will be traded and has value. No reason to be sentimental in the business of the NFL.
As for the poster who said Romo = Danny White. Tony Romo is 10,000x a better QB than White. White as a QB was a good punter.
Danny White won 5 playoff games. Romo 2.

Danny White won 5 playoff games. Romo 2.
Ha! Obviously you never watched Danny White play.
DW Comp% 59.7% - Yards 21K - YPG 132 - TD/Int ratio 155/132. QB rating 81.
Romo Comp% 65.3 - Yards 34k - YPG 220 - TD/Int ratio 247/117 QB rating 97

It's not even close.

Reactions: jared04

It's not even close.
As a QB he is certainly better than a punter.

I believe that Romo''s cap hit will be over $20 million next year. Good luck moving him to another team.
+1

I'm a Denver fan and he'd be a good fit except we'd have to blow up the D to get him and that's not happening.

agree mostly except White wasn't that bad at all in fact, White's only problem was that he followed one of the greatest ever. He had an aging team, a 49ers team that was really coming on and lacked a real run game. His stats more than validate he was very good

It's not even close.
lol...you want to compare era's where in one just about anything went and in another where the rules totally favored QB passing????? stop, as smart as you are you are looking retarded here

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
The Cowboys take the cap hit not the team he is traded to. Which is $13.6 million cap hit. The team that acquires him has to pay $14 million in salary only.

SUMMARY

Career Staubach

AV 128 QBrec 85-29-0 Cmp% 57.0 Yds 22700 Y/A 7.7 TD 153 Int 109 FantPt 1592.0

SUMMARY

Career White

AV 102 QBrec 62-30-0 Cmp% 59.7 Yds 21959 Y/A 7.4 TD 155 Int 132 FantPt 1276.5

White vs Staubach and NO ONE is going to say Roger was anything but a great qb

Reactions: jsol_05
Tonight was most likely Tony Romo's last time suiting up for the Cowboys in front of the Dallas home crowd. I mentioned on Facebook that Romo was a Cowboys "All Timer" and he should've gotten a chance to come in and walk off to a standing ovation. Me and this guy exchanged opinions. He said Romo was never good and didn't deserve any recognition. He didn't win so he was never good. I reasoned Jerry Jones the general manager had alot to do with what Romo could accomplish in Dallas. I know it's mostly Eagles and Giants fans on here - but what's your opinion on Romo. He didn't win anything significant- but did u consider him any good throughout the years playing against him?
They still have the playoffs and will be at home.

lol...you want to compare era's where in one just about anything went and in another where the rules totally favored QB passing????? stop, as smart as you are you are looking retarded here
Comp% and TD/Int are stats that are good indicators no matter what era.

Comp% and TD/Int are stats that are good indicators no matter what era.
are you insane? you think the stats work in different eras when it used to be almost legal to practically hang on a receiver, mug the fker 20yds out or guys had contests to see how long after the throw they could hit the qb before drawing a flag?

you said earlier Romo was great but the link I provided should with a comparison to White should make you rethink your White view much less the comparison in numbers to Staubach.

I think you still have some of the spiked egg nog in your system and I hate the fking cowboys, black and gold baby!!!!

are you insane? you think the stats work in different eras when it used to be almost legal to practically hang on a receiver, mug the fker 20yds out or guys had contests to see how long after the throw they could hit the qb before drawing a flag?

you said earlier Romo was great but the link I provided should with a comparison to White should make you rethink your White view much less the comparison in numbers to Staubach.

I think you still have some of the spiked egg nog in your system and I hate the fking cowboys, black and gold baby!!!!
So you think White is comparable to Staubach? Maybe you should put down the bottle.
If you have watched football, specifically the Cowboys through all these eras , there is no comparison between White and Staubach or Romo. None. He isnt in the same conversation with either of them.

Uh, I don't think he has any collegiate eligibility left.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Why should that stop us. Lots of teams cheat. it will take the NCAA probably 4 years or so to figure it out. Since we are under investigation as a "rogue" program we might as well embrace it and get to cheating to win.

I'll take the guy who wins playoff games, and/or SB's, over a "stat compiler" ANY DAY of the week with very, very few exceptions (Marino being one...).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT