ADVERTISEMENT

Top Grad Transfers still available

Bryan Alberts....6'5" Guard from Gonzaga. Not game action, but, I think you can get a sense of the type of Shooter he is...great form on the shot.

Ya know what just to confirm, so incoming we've got

Baker
Kiss (sitting out a year)
Mensah
Johnson

Lofton and McIntosh are ticketed for Sweet 16 Elite 8 programs like Oregon etc...There will be more grad transfers hitting the market, we don't need a player in mid June, we have all summer for the right fit in the program, whether grad transfer, regular transfer, 2017 recruit that fell through the cracks or just take the best 2018 kids and move forward beyond this coming season.

There was a kid from Lehigh who had graduated in 3 and redshirted 1 of them.

Had 2 to play 2 right away

Name escapes me but looked like a decent prospect-----6'4 swing type

Anyone know if he landed anywhere or is he still looking ?

I just love guys with Great Form on their shot....such a fundamental part of the game.

There was a kid from Lehigh who had graduated in 3 and redshirted 1 of them.

Had 2 to play 2 right away

Name escapes me but looked like a decent prospect-----6'4 swing type

Anyone know if he landed anywhere or is he still looking ?

Brandon Alston picked Georgia Tech today.

I think it's PF or C or a potential transfer into the program that has not yet announced....teams are landing grad transfers daily that are not on some of the published list of available players so take it for what it's worth.....someone just texted me a tweet on South Carolina landing a Florida Atlantic kid that was not listed anywhere....this was after South Carolina had one of their bigs transfer out of the program and land at St. Johns.

We were in late August before landing CJ Gettys, whose UNCW stats were not stellar....but he fit a profile on and off the court and contributed well here. I am not at all concerned about this empty spot, if it goes to a grad transfer, great....if not, we keep focusing on 2018 recruits.

Coach has been very clear about adding a "starter" this summer...Most recently at our gathering last week.

Didn't seem like he was leaning towards going the grad transfer route
So the question is will it be a JuCo or a sit out transfer. I doubt you're adding a 2017 high school recruit at this stage.

Reactions: higgins3
Coach has been very clear about adding a "starter" this summer...Most recently at our gathering last week.

Didn't seem like he was leaning towards going the grad transfer route

Immediate starter or future starter? Sounds like a future starter, which means we are going with what we have right now for 2017.

Vance would need to sit a year. I dont see us picking up a difference maker. All the marquee names are going to NCAA bound teams.

Getting Gettys was a diamond in the rough. Not going to happen every year or be something we bank on for success.

I hope we land Vance, Mathis, was hoping for Reid. But those two would be great and spearhead a campaign for other names to hop. Both are attainable as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT