ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Top wrestling transfer on Rutgers campus this past weekend

Man ... getting him could put RU on an even higher level ...

I think it was 80/20 Iowa before he visited RU. After visit maybe 50/50. Iowa is putting the full press on ever since. I hope the family is involved and sees the benefits of RU. I think working with Ashnault and Humphries he sees we could provide a “better workout room” that he seeks.

I think it was 80/20 Iowa before he visited RU. After visit maybe 50/50. Iowa is putting the full press on ever since. I hope the family is involved and sees the benefits of RU. I think working with Ashnault and Humphries he sees we could provide a “better workout room” that he seeks.

Who is Humphries? You mean Suriano?
PS- Hearing RU doing well with Bethlehem Catholic , 138 Pa. State Champ, #5 national, Ryan Anderson (of Hackettstown , NJ).

PS- Hearing RU doing well with Bethlehem Catholic , 138 Pa. State Champ, #5 national, Ryan Anderson (of Hackettstown , NJ).

won't see both DeSantos and Anderson at Rutgers - one maybe -

Reactions: dbtks34
Don't know if this was verified, but looks like DeSanto to Iowa.

Just spoke with Austin DeSanto. He’s transferring to Iowa. Story coming shortly on @trackwrestling.

Don't know if this was verified, but looks like DeSanto to Iowa.

Just spoke with Austin DeSanto. He’s transferring to Iowa. Story coming shortly on @trackwrestling.

Still waiting on a confirmation, but it seems to be an accurate report. More to come ASAP

Confirmed: DeSanto to Iowa. Although it would have been a nice addition, the staff has been, and continues be, focused on Ryan Anderson from Bethlehem Catholic. Rutgers has been reported to be high on his radar, and he has a bigger upside than Austin DeSanto.

This will not phase the staff or team. They have a very cohesive unit right now, who believe in one-another, and in who they have in the locker room.

Flowreslting reporting that DeSanto will be going 133 for the Hawkeyes. Could be why he chose to opt for Iowa if Suriano is planning to move up a spot.

Confirmed: DeSanto to Iowa. Although it would have been a nice addition, the staff has been, and continues be, focused on Ryan Anderson from Bethlehem Catholic. Rutgers has been reported to be high on his radar, and he has a bigger upside than Austin DeSanto.

This will not phase the staff or team. They have a very cohesive unit right now, who believe in one-another, and in who they have in the locker room.
Hope ur right... hard to argue bigger upside against a guy that is proven and will continue to be in AA contention for the next 3 years...Idk much about Anderson other then he's #5 in his weight class and a positive is he's jr so his ranking should go up some more once he's sr. For me, this stings a lil(potential 3x AA) but like u guys said on to the next one.

Reactions: koleszar
Hope ur right... hard to argue bigger upside against a guy that is proven and will continue to be in AA contention for the next 3 years...Idk much about Anderson other then he's #5 in his weight class and a positive is he's jr so his ranking should go up some more once he's sr. For me, this stings a lil(potential 3x AA) but like u guys said on to the next one.

The belief is that Anderson is a more versatile wrestler, who will be a blue-chip recruit, and has multiple time AA potential. Not helping the immediate future, but certainly is a long term bright spot if Rutgers can land him.

Anderson is a good one. I think Iowa is in on him too.

I loved the fact DeSanto was at Drexel this past year.
Followed him every match.
Not sure I will do the same at Iowa.
Nothing against DeSanto, but Iowa is probably my least favorite team.
I think the Iowa Style will suit him well and he should be a 3X AA.
If DeSanto can learn to get out from the bottom with Lee riding him, look out.

Of the new wrestlers in the lineup next season, I see those adding wins and team points above those they are replacing in this order:

1. Correnti , 197, (replacing Mulligan). Big net gain.
2. Ashnault 149, (replacing DeLuca) . Big net gain
3.. Collucci 285 (replacing Gross). Net gain
4.. Glagow (not sure if he will be 157 or 165, chances are he won't equal either JVB or Richie Lewis's contribution). Small net loss.
5.. Firestone 133, ( won't equal Del Vecchio's contribution). Net loss.

Returning:
Suriano, 125
MVB, 141
JVB, 157 or 165
Grello, 174
Gravin, 184

I'd be surprised if any of the other incoming freshman win a starting spot, although 1 or 2 could make a big jump and push for a spot. In order of those with a chance to push for a spot. Should Suriano go 133 (I hear he won't), then Metzlar probably goes 125.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Anderson might be the top PIAA pound for pound recruit in Pennsylvania for the class of 2019. If we can sign him it will be Huge on a couple different levels. We have yet to sign a PA Champ in Goodale era, Anderson would be a heck of a start!

Who is Humphries? You mean Suriano?

Does Ryan Anderson still live in Hackettstown ?

Can someone offer clarity. How does 9.9 work? Is 9.9*(total cost of tuition) and those dollars can be spread? Or is a full scholarship instate worth the same as a full scholarship out of state vs the 9.9?

Scholarships are equalized, so just to make it easy, lets say in-state tuition is 20-K, out of state tuition is 40-K. So, if RU offers a NJ wrestler(or resident-Lol) a 1/2 of a scholarship they would then only have to pay 10-K. An out of state wrestler would have to pay 20-K.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Scholarships are equalized, so just to make it easy, lets say in-state tuition is 20-K, out of state tuition is 40-K. So, if RU offers a NJ wrestler(or resident-Lol) a 1/2 of a scholarship they would then only have to pay 10-K. An out of state wrestler would have to pay 20-K.

Okay. And both halves equate one full out of the 9.9, correct? So the $ value is irrelevant? Just the percentage matters?

The $ value IS relevant to the family writing the check for the balance the scholarship does not cover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT