ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Transfer QB Athan Kaliakmanis visiting RU

You still ( for profit or non profit) admittedly you still socialized with the guy you claim can’t write and doesn’t know jack shat about sports. This guy has shown a dislike for Rutgers going wasaay back in time. Think about who he works for and the connections.
This is such a bizarre take.
Let’s reverse the dynamic here. You sit on a board. You are introduced to a journalist you don’t know via your PR guy. To write a piece to talk up your organizations mission. You don’t take the call?

This same journalist attends social events you are not in control of the guest list. Once you see the guy in action you choose not to be in his presence. How is that choosing to socialize?

Let’s reverse the dynamic here. You sit on a board. You are introduced to a journalist you don’t know via your PR guy. To write a piece to talk up your organizations mission. You don’t take the call?

This same journalist attends social events you are not in control of the guest list. Once you see the guy in action you choose not to be in his presence. How is that choosing to socialize?
I understood your posting about Mush mouth and you gave your opinion. Just seems strange that you evidently don’t care for him yet still attend . Maybe you should tell him many Rutgers fans don’t mind negative opinions just don ‘t do it after a win. Yesterday was almost like a win for the team in a hard fought season. Guy has to be a tool.

source lol nuff said

Reactions: kupuna133
I understood your posting about Mush mouth and you gave your opinion. Just seems strange that you evidently don’t care for him yet still attend . Maybe you should tell him many Rutgers fans don’t mind negative opinions just don ‘t do it after a win. Yesterday was almost like a win for the team in a hard fought season. Guy has to be a tool.
How would I know he would be there? It wasn’t my event. Once we met the guy and talked to him we stopped attending. Or asked for him not to be invited. How many more times does this have to be said.

How would I know he would be there? It wasn’t my event. Once we met the guy and talked to him we stopped attending. Or asked for him not to be invited. How many more times does this have to be said.

Why are you trying to justify yourself to a random stranger on the internet who doesn't seem to care for your rationale.

Say you plan on spending Christmas dinner with Sargent.
Who really cares?

It was an excellent article laying out the challenges that we have with NIL. From a lack of direction from the AD to minuscule number of large Donors. It was posted on the premium side and RUJON who runs our collective said it was spot on.
Thank you

Why are you trying to justify yourself to a random stranger on the internet who doesn't seem to care for your rationale.

Who really cares?
Yea I tend to go down rabbit holes. And try to understand random peoples thought processes and opinions. This one has thrown me for a loop.

Classy mush mouth Keith Sargeant just crawled out of his hole at NJ.com. This moron thinks most of Rutgers fanbase and the other schools ( like 50-60 +) is behind in NIL funding. Let’s remember this news rag reporter and his buddies Politi , Fonseca go out of their way to never write the positives with Rutgers. Hey Keith WE all know … it’s old news.
That’s completely inaccurate, I get the SL delivered and read all articles in the SL and on NJ. com about RU athletics. I also listen to their RU sports podcasts. I’m sure you don’t do any of those things. Their articles and coverage of RU is extensive and usually positive and balanced. When Harper recently committed to RU BB, the SL had 2 large front page articles on consecutive days about the commit. Their coverage about RU football this fall has been very positive overall. The article about NIL is realistic. If reporting of reality and results is considered “ a hit piece” or “hate”, I would say some are being overly sensitive. They are a news organization and this is big time collegiate sports.

Sure fool I’ve been following Rutgers for over 56 years. I delivered the Newark Evening News- Star Ledger The writers of the time put this clown. Joe Calabrese-Tom Lucci and their predecessors were better. Yes I listen to the podcasts with Richie and Mike. Nobody is questioning the articleor your claim of an extensive list of pro Rutgers. Maybe MBB not for football . Defending this guy tells me you should go back to the basement with your Stratocaster. This mush mouth you defend wrote a dumb piece a day after a good day for Rutgers. The fact is and you answered it … NIL is a well known fact on this board. Well here’s the other telling thing … pretty much everyone posting saw it as a typical Keith Sargeant hit column on Rutgers. You do realize who owns the Star Liar ….

That’s completely inaccurate, I get the SL delivered and read all articles in the SL and on NJ. com about RU athletics. I also listen to their RU sports podcasts. I’m sure you don’t do any of those things. Their articles and coverage of RU is extensive and usually positive and balanced. When Harper recently committed to RU BB, the SL had 2 large front page articles on consecutive days about the commit. Their coverage about RU football this fall has been very positive overall. The article about NIL is realistic. If reporting of reality and results is considered “ a hit piece” or “hate”, I would say some are being overly sensitive. They are a news organization and this is big time collegiate sports.
Look up Donald and Samuel Newhouse graduates of Syracuse University…Advance Publications… does that school ring a bell kid?

What’s even more telling ? You get the SL delivered … you must be Sargeant’s bunk buddy.

Who really cares?

It’s Bob. Nuff said.
Yup. Just look at his response to @RUGuitarMan , one of the nicest, most even-keeled posters on this board. He's tearing him up because he subscribes to the Star Ledger and reads their content.

Whenever Bob interacts here, it's like:

d4cafb37-803c-4a31-aa0d-1ebd2f585827_text.gif

Reactions: BLewis1968
I think Schiano thinks GW is progressing and will become a fine QB. I even think that. So if a transfer wants to be the starter next year, they probably will not sign with Rutgers. I don't think getting a QB to replace GW is a high priority for the coaching staff. I don't think it is about ego or promises or rankings, I think they believe in GW. The team likes him as their leader as well.

• Haha
Reactions: RUTGERS95
I think Schiano thinks GW is progressing and will become a fine QB. I even think that. So if a transfer wants to be the starter next year, they probably will not sign with Rutgers. I don't think getting a QB to replace GW is a high priority for the coaching staff. I don't think it is about ego or promises or rankings, I think they believe in GW. The team likes him as their leader as well.
We have to get someone. If not. Our back ups will have combined for what - 5 collegiate snaps?

We have our QB … Holy Trinity HS Glen Cove NY …Rocco Rainone “ the Italian Stallion”. 6’0 - 200 lbs.

Progressing? I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

@Shelby65 obviously you aren’t watching. If you were you’d admit you were wrong. Right?
I replied to your silly post the other day that McCord is news and AK is not. 95% of CFB fans never heard of him, and probably nobody outside hardcore B10 fans, RU and MN fans.

And I joked that none of the players are watching the game on TV, not realizing that you seriously think the game announcers are a distraction.

I replied to your silly post the other day that McCord is news and AK is not. 95% of CFB fans never heard of him, and probably nobody outside hardcore B10 fans, RU and MN fans.

And I joked that none of the players are watching the game on TV, not realizing that you seriously think the game announcers are a distraction.
Again you totally missed the point. When Gavin throws for 48% completion rate the announcers would be talking about how there is competition/relief coming if it was announced. And no, they aren’t watching the game but they are taping it, their families are watching, and so are their friends. Celebrate this teams success now then move on. And admit you aren’t watching.

Again you totally missed the point. When Gavin throws for 48% completion rate the announcers would be talking about how there is competition/relief coming if it was announced. And no, they aren’t watching the game but they are taping it, their families are watching, and so are their friends. Celebrate this teams success now then move on. And admit you aren’t watching.
You’re just lost. Gavin knows what’s going on behind the scenes. He knows AK visited and he of course knows he’s the lowest rated passer in the country.

Protecting him from media discussion of AK and a possible commit until after the game is utterly pointless. He’s not bad because he knows the media discusses his play. He’s bad because he’s bad.

And I was watching. Wimsatt is better than the former Michigan QB recruit and now Cuse TE they had to play today. Woo hoo.

This has been my take too. GW fits the philosophy so no QB competition. Yet given KC’s history with the MN QB maybe Schiano reconsiders. In the end I still don’t think he comes here.

Oh, I absolutely think we need a better QB but I don't think anyone will come here because it's obvious Schiano is 'all in' with GW. GW fits Schiano's philosophy and playbook to a T. Run, run clock, punt and defense. Why would someone come here to back up GW in that offense ?
Another thread where Shelby lacks clues.

So consistently wrong. Amazing really. Think he would just stop posting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT