ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling TRI-MEET (Minny, Purdue, Rutgers) MATCH THREAD

Alec White, 149-lber for Purdue, who has been filling in for nationally ranked Griffin Parriott, injury defaulted out of his match against Minnesota.

Parriott is listed to be available for today. Will be interesting to see if he takes the mat in the dual with Rutgers.

O Neil in on a deep shot....cant finish and gives up TD and Pin....

TY MS.....Edited

Alec White, 149-lber for Purdue, who has been filling in for nationally ranked Griffin Parriott, injury defaulted out of his match against Minnesota.

Parriott is listed to be available for today. Will be interesting to see if he takes the mat in the dual with Rutgers.

Of course, just our luck... If Parriott is indeed available, the Purdue matchup just got that much more difficult but it's hard to know what kind of shape he is in.

Of course, just our luck... If Parriott is indeed available, the Purdue matchup just got that much more difficult but it's hard to know what kind of shape he is in.
It is a bit reassuring that MVB has been wrestling well. Like you said, we don’t know where Parriott is at as far as conditioning and health.

Reactions: MS-RU
Ok ... turned on the TV and see MINN vs Purdue ... MINN up 21-0.

Ok ... turned on the TV and see MINN vs Purdue ... MINN up 21-0.
Injury default at 149, and won both swing bouts at 125 and 157. Minnesota wrestling well so far.

Out of both duals, Purdue is the more winnable one IMO

Reactions: MS-RU
For what it’s worth, Parriott wrestled an exhibition and didn’t take the mat in the Minnesota dual

Lyon just lost to Webster who is unranked in whatever system BTN adheres to. I know he’s ranked elsewhere. Interesting to see if Lyon comes out pissed off or flat vs Poz

Minnesota's Owen Webster upsets Purdue's Max Lyon at 184-lbs. Three great matchups at the weight today, with Poz/Lyon and Poz/Webster still to come.

Lyon just lost to Webster who is unranked in whatever system BTN adheres to. I know he’s ranked elsewhere. Interesting to see if Lyon comes out pissed off or flat vs Poz
Webester ranked 19th by Flo. I believe BTN uses Intermat

Shawver riding very tough on top amassing over 2 mins of ride time. 2-0 after 1.

Did Grello wrestle at all or just didn't take mat? Not surprised as his knee looked hurt last match. How'd O'Neill get pinned? Thanks

Grello banged his head like 2 mins into the match and then defaulted. I'm sure due to the concussion protocol.

O'neill got in on a shot immediately but couldn't finish and after a funky scramble ended up in a terrible position and got pinned unfortunately.

Did Grello wrestle at all or just didn't take mat? Not surprised as his knee looked hurt last match. How'd O'Neill get pinned? Thanks

B1GN uses Trackwrestling rankings.
Grello got head-butted in the first and injury defaulted.

O'Neill was in deep on a shot and there was a funky scramble and he got out-of-position and pinned.

Grello banged his head like 2 mins into the match and then defaulted. I'm sure due to the concussion protocol.

O'neill got in on a shot immediately but couldn't finish and after a funky scramble ended up in a terrible position and got pinned unfortunately.
Holy moly - almost verbatim

Steveson went from being up by 10 to winning by tech fall in a span of like 30 seconds just by takedowns and escapes. He literally toyed with his opponent for the first two rounds just to keep his cardio up

I will say, in our extra matches, except for Grello, our guys are taking aggressive shots early.

Grello got head-butted in the first and injury defaulted.

O'Neill was in deep on a shot and there was a funky scramble and he got out-of-position and pinned.
Thanks, guys! Hopefully, Grello is ok and it's just precautionary. Sounds like O'Neill needs to work on his scrambling and positioning. Gonna put on the match now.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Things are about to kick off at 125-lbs in Rutgers' first dual of the day, taking on the Purdue Boilermakers. Nic Aguilar takes the mat to wrestle No. 6 Devin Schroder

O boy Aguilar already down 0-6.

Now 0-10 in no time at all.

After a scramble off of an Aguilar shot, Schroder locks up a cradle and goes up 6-0. From my view, Rutgers is lucky the match did not end there

Aguilar literally has no strength and can't finish anything. He is absolutely killing is, down 10-0.. he needs to keep it to a MD.

Schroder gets a turk, and crossfaces Aguilar over to his back to secure another set of back points. Schroder up 10-0 heading into the second period.

Second period starting neutral

Kid loses every single scramble because he's the weakest kid on the mat.

Three years into the program and hasn't gained an ounce of strength. This is horrible now pinned. What has this kid been doing to avoid the weight room for three years? It's time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT