ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling TRI-MEET (Minny, Purdue, Rutgers) MATCH THREAD

They never overturn their own call this review stuff is idiotic.

We look like crap can't believe I waited all week for this sh*t.

That’s a terrible call by the ref and no camera angle to prove otherwise. Completely stole the match from him

Van Brill makes a heck of an effort trying to get a goahead takedown, but is denied.

Parriot wins 2-1.

Purdue leading 9-6

Rob Kanniard now taking on No. 5 Kendall Coleman

Kanniard strikes first going up 2-0

Kanniard escapes, and almost gets a take of his own, but Coleman scrambles out of it. We're tied at three

If MVB drops this one, it's extremely unlikely we have a shot at this, again completely thanks to Aguilar who has cost this team a 2nd win in as many matches.
There hasn’t been a guy so far that looks good. The team looks flat and not ready to wrestle.

Coleman in on a single, and fishes, going up 5-3. Kanniard then escapes, making it 5-4

Period ends 5-4. These two are battling hard.

Kanniard starts the second period on top

Period ends with Coleman leading 7-6.

Kanniard going down to start the third period

Two backs? WHAT IN THE FVCK These refs need to be kicked out of the RAC.

Kanniard gets caught off guard on a Coleman blast double. Coleman takes Kanniard to his back for a 2 point nearfall. Kanniard escapes, but trails 11-8 with under a minute remaining

Coleman seals the match with a shrug, going up 13-8. Kanniard unable to escape, and Coleman walks away with the 13-8 victory.

Rutgers trails 12-6

Coleman seals the match with a shrug, going up 13-8. Kanniard unable to escape, and Coleman walks away with the 13-8 victory.

Rutgers trails 12-6
This is where not having 5K RU fans to bully these refs hurts the team. You could argue that they cost us 149 and 157.

With how bad these refs have been, coaches absolutely need more than 1 challenge.

True freshman Andrew Clark getting the nod at 165-lbs. He takes on another true freshman in Garrett Nijenhuis

Andrew Clark? We've just given up on winning today. Going to be 0-4. This isn't the change we've been clamoring for Goodale.

Andrew Clark? We've just given up winning today. Going to be 0-4.

He has considerably more upside than Donner. Goody is looking for a spark given how bad Aguilar screwed the team once again.

Clark wrestling hard here. Unable to score, but in on several shot attempts

I liked watching Clark in his state run but I did not expect him to be the first true freshman to wrestle a dual this season

Besides Poz obviously

Scoreless first period.

Nijenhuis chooses defense to start the second period

Clark was very good on top in HS, let's see how it works out here.

I coached against Andrew Clark when he was 113-lbs. Never excepted to see him wrestling at 165-lbs. At least, not as a true freshman

A locking hands call against Clark gives Nijenhuis the first point of the bout.

Clark still on top, trailing 1-0

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT