ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling TRI-MEET (Minny, Purdue, Rutgers) MATCH THREAD

Billy tries but has absolutely nothing from his feet. 197 is looking more and more like a disaster move for him.

Penola keeps Janzer down the rest of the second period. Penola holding onto a 3-0 lead going into the third period.

Janzer takes bottom to stat the third. RT not a factor

Once again absolutely nothing from Janzer through 2 periods and now he can't get off the mat.

Janzer comes up short, losing to Penola 4-0.

Purdue leads 17-12, and holds criteria

Once again horrendous performances from Aguilar and Janzer cost the team for the 2nd straight week.

Unfortunately, we have no options at 197 so even though he looks overmatched it will be Janzer for the foreseeable future.

Boone McDermott getting his opportunity at heavywegith against Jamarcus Grant

Wow that was well I'm speechless from Boone. Just rag dolled a heavyweight. You ain't see that from Colucci

Happy with Turley and Poz ... first match pin and 2 hammers only getting decisions set the stage for the loss ... very disappointing especially after PU getting trounced by MINN.

McDermott just put Grant halfway to through the center of the earth with a big takedown at the end of the first period.

McDermott carries a 2-0 lead heading into the second period, where he starts on bottom. McDermott immediately escapes to make it 3-0

Just give me the youth movement from here on out. Give me Shawver, Kanniard, Clark, Turley, Poz, McDermott. Let them take some lumps. Much more upside with them. The one questionable Senior who I feel is wrestling well and has gotten some bad luck is MVB. Even there I wouldn’t mind Angelo

Grant escapes to make this a two point match. McDermott leads 3-1 with a 1:30 remaining

Just give me the youth movement from here on out. Give me Shawver, Kanniard, Clark, Turley, Poz, McDermott. Let them take some lumps. Much more upside with them

That's 100% the right move especially with how bad this season has been from a dual perspective. The other guys they are replacing bring absolutely nothing to the table for this team except for bonus points for the other team.

Quick question:

This is our home meetwhy do we not get to wrestle first and last instead of wrestling back to back matches? Why does Minnesota get the break in between matches? Is this by choice?

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
Quick question:

This is our home meetwhy do we not get to wrestle first and last instead of wrestling back to back matches? Why does Minnesota get the break in between matches? Is this by choice?
Hydrating for match 2 is more valuable than rest for match 3.

If you start match 2 and 3 at the same weight, there’s nearly 2 hours in between individual matches at each weight. If you’re not recovered by that point that’s your own fault.

Purdue match takeaways:

-It is time to put in Shawver
-This team will struggle to win duals without bonus at 133 and/or 141
-Kanniard, despite a loss, wrestled hard. Good to see his aggression from the first whistle
-Poz is an AA contender, without question
-Janzer needs to figure out his offense IMMEDIATELY
-McDermott is still a little green, but his potential is unlimited

Hydrating for match 2 is more valuable than rest for match 3.

If you start match 2 and 3 at the same weight, there’s nearly 2 hours in between individual matches at each weight. If you’re not recovered by that point that’s your own fault.

Okay figured it may be something to this effect. Thanks!

The youth movement needs to happen now during this lost season at 174 and Hwt. You can see the positives they bring with their action. Need to recruit or get transfers to get out of 125 and 165. 125 and 165 for this season and next is a lost cause, I'd beg on my hands and knees for Suriano to come back to get us out of that nightmare.

Looks like Goodale is sticking with Aguilar, at least for today.

Aguilar is going to kick things off against Minnesota, as he faces Patrick McKee

And here we go at 125 will it be major, tech or pin. Forget about the win that isn't happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT