ADVERTISEMENT

Tyia to Ole Miss :(

Wow! That's a shocker to me because I didn't realize that she was in the portal.

One thing's for sure, ...She better make those strides(on her footwork and post moves) that we never saw fully materialize. Coach Yo doesn't come across as one who has a lot of patience.

Wow! That's a shocker to me because I didn't realize that she was in the portal.

One thing's for sure, ...She better make those strides(on her footwork and post moves) that we never saw fully materialize. Coach Yo doesn't come across as one who has a lot of patience.
I have been watching the news pretty closely and she never appeared as being the the portal. The transfer choice just showed up today. This is concerning...

If all those in the portal actually leave, we only have seven players. Hopefully we can secure a good hire and keep some of them stay here. I have no choice but to be hopeful.

Man, this coaching search is going to be a week too long. These players in the portal have to choose a new school by the end of the month, right? Or do they get extra time since there is a coaching change?

Either way, our players must feel anxious about the length of time this search is taking and what may await them if they don't get a good hire and fit for them. Can't blame them for taking up the offer of the first decent program that shows them interest. You know other coaches realize our players are there for the taking right now.

I give our young ladies a lot of credit. They have been extremely patient throughout all of the drama.

Players can't be faulted for looking out for thir game and feeling the need to find a good fit somewhere else because they don't know who the next RU HC will be and type of game that HC will play.
Bet of luck to Singleton

It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck…the new coach whomever he/she is, will need to hit the ground SPRINTING…

• Sad
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck…the new coach whomever he/she is, will need to hit the ground SPRINTING…
with the portal, sprinting is possible.
but the train wreck will show in the 2022-23 season then the portal will bring in help while the new HC starts making HS talent believe better days are ahead for the RU WBB Program.

They or Them will be well beyond the eight ball in recruiting. We are not a week behind …we are 3-4 months behind . Actually perhaps more than a quarter of a year. Can’t blame these players at all for seeking another home. This delay in naming a new coach falls upon one person and it’s not Hobbs.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
They or Them will be well beyond the eight ball in recruiting. We are not a week behind …we are 3-4 months behind . Actually perhaps more than a quarter of a year. Can’t blame these players at all for seeking another home. This delay in naming a new coach falls upon one person and it’s not Hobbs.
Actually we are in the 2 year behind range. Without someone driving the bus for more than a year very little meaningful relationships were developed. AAU and high school coaches were cautious with having players getting involved when there was no true leader in place and no true direction for the program. Hopefully whoever is hired has players on speed dial in the portal.

Actually we are in the 2 year behind range. Without someone driving the bus for more than a year very little meaningful relationships were developed. AAU and high school coaches were cautious with having players getting involved when there was no true leader in place and no true direction for the program. Hopefully whoever is hired has players on speed dial in the portal.
No big loss losing her. She got worse every year. I hope she enjoys the bench. That is where she belonged at RU.

We had Eatman to steer the ship

Man, this coaching search is going to be a week too long. These players in the portal have to choose a new school by the end of the month, right? Or do they get extra time since there is a coaching change?
When I say "a week too long", I'm referring to the opportunity for whomever is hired to be able to fill out the roster for this coming season via the portal. Yes, much of the best talent has already committed elsewhere, but there are some good players still out there. If we don't make a hire in the next week, we will likely miss out on them, as they must sign by the 1st of June. We'll have a short, young, depleted roster or one filled with whoever we could get(players who may not be P5 level players).

When I say "a week too long", I'm referring to the opportunity for whomever is hired to be able to fill out the roster for this coming season via the portal. Yes, much of the best talent has already committed elsewhere, but there are some good players still out there. If we don't make a hire in the next week, we will likely miss out on them, as they must sign by the 1st of June. We'll have a short, young, depleted roster or one filled with whoever we could get(players who may not be P5 level players).
Not to worry, I have it on good authority that starting our search 30+ days late is not a big deal.

• Love
Reactions: ScarletteK80
If you say so.
I hope you realize this was said in jest? All we were told was Eastman , a loyal CVS assistant , would do an outstanding job along wit several other assistants. Thinking this is not a big deal ( the delay) is actually sad for Rutgers in 2022-2023.

I said a few months ago we would be lucky if we had any holdovers from this years team. Total mess

How about 5 years too late!!
Truly, Rutgers became less attractive mostly after this disaster. Oh, and the departure of our best recruit in years at the end of the prior season. But we were still doing decent as the end of the last season in terms of looking like an appealing job. It wasn't a lot different 5 years ago. It has been a long time since we were viewed as one of the top programs - reading other message boards I can't remember the last time Rutgers was mentioned as a "player".

It was 2003 - 2012 that we made annual NCAA appearances. Then 2015, then 2019 & 2021.

If you want to claim a year too late, as things turned out, yep. If you really want to make a change when the program is near the top - then the time was 10 years ago.

I hope you realize this was said in jest? All we were told was Eastman , a loyal CVS assistant , would do an outstanding job along wit several other assistants. Thinking this is not a big deal ( the delay) is actually sad for Rutgers in 2022-2023.
Yep I realized. CVS didn’t do the program or Tim any favors with this long drawn out leave.

What coach did Rutgers miss out on because of it ? Stay waiting for Facts...not opinion

And anyone who thinks that Players leaving after a coaching change is abnormal is just nuts.
number one. Who would know? Very few would likely but how can you say definitely not?
number two. Agree. But then again players typically wait and see who the hire is first. Putting name in portal and waiting could have made sense in this new system. But they (the players) can't wait forever if good offers come along.

What coach did Rutgers miss out on because of it ? Stay waiting for Facts...not opinion

And anyone who thinks that Players leaving after a coaching change is abnormal is just nuts.
Truth!

Players are leaving for a myriad of reasons. Anyone who doubts should take one look at the transfer portal.

Technically in order for there to be a coaching change you actually have to have a new coach.

We are at rock bottom. Thank CVS and Hobbs
then the only way is up.
Can't say if both are to blame, but can't say they aren't.
Only feel that Hobbs waited to find out if CVS would come back and Stringer didn't want to retire until she knew she wasn't going to be healthy enough to return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT