ADVERTISEMENT

VTech looks at us

Can’t rest on last seasons game and I’m sure Rutgers players won’t think this is a sure win. We need to make a statement on the road and get ready for our first B1G contest after a bye week. I believe it’s Wisconsin? How many times have we beaten Wisconsin? ZERO… start at 4-0 and our season takes on a whole different level of expectations.

Highly recommend going to the game if anyone’s on the fence

Blacksburg is a great college town and the athmosphere at Lane is top notch, especially if it’s a night game

The Enter Sandman is top notch - one of the best in the game

Town has a few good breweries, solid food options and some great bars - tailgating is also very good

Book early (now). There aren't many hotels around, and they're all full on football weekends. You may end up having to find something in the Roanoke area. And post-game traffic succccccckkkkkksssss all the way down 460 and up 81.

Planning to head down there if all works out. Will stay in Charlottesville beforehand and drive down for the game.

So is there an active VTech board out there? Their Rivals board is dead as a doornail.

After we blew them out last year and we return everyone plus a new QB they better believe it
Care to guess who returns the most starters, 22 counting PK and Punter, in the BCS?

Hint: This is their helmet............

virginia_tech_hokies_ncaa_mini_speed_football_helmet_p4626375.jpg

I'm of a mind to say that's RU 2nd or 3rd toughest game after USC and perhaps Nebraska

It feels odd to see other teams still have 4 OOC games. I would've thought the ACC would go to 9 conference games by now.

It feels odd to see other teams still have 4 OOC games. I would've thought the ACC would go to 9 conference games by now.
ESPN probably won't give them more $ to add it. Or teams like Clemson are against it because they already have an SEC game locked in every year.

It should be a good game- tough place to play at...And while they did play better toward the end of the year- exactly who did they beat that you think we would not have beaten? Who did we lose to who you think they would have beat?
Not knocking them but drives me crazy how we all justify other teams all the time.

VaTech looked great against
Pitt 3-9
WF 4-8
Cuse 6-7
BC 7-6
Virginia 3-9
Tulane Good AAC team

Teams with a beat-
NC State beat them

Teams Ranked
Fla St
L'Ville
Crushed them

We probably fall into to NC State category -

Do we really feel that if they had a run like OSU/Iowa/PSU/Maryland to end the season- people would be talking them up so much?

Is this our toughest OOC opponent in years???? It should be. If we want to see the program move up into top 25 caliber that we all think it should be we need games like this.
Win or lose this game will be a good barometer but it's not a make or break game for the season.
Bullshit - replace them with a div 1 non P4 in R recruiting territory and call it a day. The B1G schedule will always be plenty tough.....

V Tech got a lot better last year as the season progressed; their young QB improved quite a bit. Will be a tough test for us.

Definitely a tough test especially being on the road. They did improve last year, but as noted above they didn't face the gauntlet of OSU, Iowa, State Penn and Maryland to end the season.

We will have a bye, while they'll be playing their 4th straight game. Their preceding games are: @Vanderbilt, Marshall & @Old Dominion. So we'll have 3 sets of game tape from them against real opponents, while they'll only have tape of us against Howard and Akron.

Especially if they see you first

Yup, people tend to avoid a pariah.

Definitely a tough test especially being on the road. They did improve last year, but as noted above they didn't face the gauntlet of OSU, Iowa, State Penn and Maryland to end the season.

We will have a bye, while they'll be playing their 4th straight game. Their preceding games are: @Vanderbilt, Marshall & @Old Dominion. So we'll have 3 sets of game tape from them against real opponents, while they'll only have tape of us against Howard and Akron.

Yup, people tend to avoid a pariah.
Good point about the opponents/tape leading up to the game.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT