ADVERTISEMENT

UW Write Up on RU

They literally went to the national championship game last year. Why would they be worried about playing 7-6 Rutgers in a half-empty stadium?
Because they lost the entire coaching staff and about 90% of the players who contributed to their success last year. The entire offense is gone and so is most of the defense. UW is counting on 15 new players (transfers) to start and not skip a beat.

To be fair, I have Washington as Win. I’d expect Nebraska, Maryland, Wisconsin, USC, and UCLA fans to have us down as a win.

Writer thinks the UW game should be in the win column for them.

UW Reddit Substack
There was some sort of requirement to enter an e-mail, scan a code, and enter my social security number, blood type and maiden names of my mother, grandmothers and great grandmothers. Why do they make it so difficult to read an article written by Joe Nobody?

We should beat the depleted Huskies.

Last edited:
Reactions: mdk01
We're gonna become one with them?
Yeah, that's it! Should have been:

season 2 beating GIF
GIF by TV4

I don’t love the timing of this game right after a VTech game that could go either way. I really like Drones game and VTech is a tough place to play. In my opinion could be one of the 3 hardest games on our schedule on paper.

I don’t love the timing of this game right after a VTech game that could go either way. I really like Drones game and VTech is a tough place to play. In my opinion could be one of the 3 hardest games on our schedule on paper.
And UW is playing Michigan at home the week after us. You don't think they won't potentially be looking ahead to a rematch of the NC Game?

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Writer thinks the UW game should be in the win column for them.

UW Reddit Substack
Went up to our season opener at Boston college for the 2022 season
I listened to a BC sports show up there , where they broke down their upcoming schedule as sure wins, slight favorites , probable losses, etc

Of course RU was in the sure win column and they believed they would have at least eight wins. One commentator was a bit angry with even that, insisting they must finally break through and get to nine wins

We all.know that we won that one, and BC finished at
3-9

Reactions: rucoe89
UW has long recruited elite athletes and deep. Yes they lost a lot but they are deeper and more talented than people think

this is no sure game and won't be surprised if we win or lose but I want to see how we play VT first

RU fans think RU will win. UW fans think UW will win. Nothing strange here.
Why do people get triggered when a fan or writer of another team proclaim victory months in advance ? Who cares what they even think ? People take predictions as a done deal which always amazes me. As an RU backer just go play the game and show it on the field no need to talk or puff our chests out or get into a pissing contest.

Why do people get triggered when a fan or writer of another team proclaim victory months in advance ? Who cares what they even think ? People take predictions as a done deal which always amazes me. As an RU backer just go play the game and show it on the field no need to talk or puff our chests out or get into a pissing contest.
People feel saying Rutgers is going to lose is a lack of respect for Rutgers. As Rutgers fans we are very sensitive to what we consider to be a life long lack of respect from other people.

And UW is playing Michigan at home the week after us. You don't think they won't potentially be looking ahead to a rematch of the NC Game?
No - not at all. It’s not like Washington is a perrenial blue blood. They had a great season but now their roster turned over and they have to go on the road and play a team that won 7 games last season playing in the BIG East (that returns most of their roster).

Reactions: Virginiarufan
UW has long recruited elite athletes and deep. Yes they lost a lot but they are deeper and more talented than people think

this is no sure game and won't be surprised if we win or lose but I want to see how we play VT first

I don’t think it’s an easy game at all. But I also don’t think Washington is going to be looking ahead to Michigan.

Reactions: RUTGERS95

WERE deeper. They lost at least 29 from their 2 deep depth chart.

The place has the potential, if we beat VT, to be a madhouse
Especially if it's on a Friday night like has been rumored

People feel saying Rutgers is going to lose is a lack of respect for Rutgers. As Rutgers fans we are very sensitive to what we consider to be a life long lack of respect from other people.
Rutgers is the perennial Rodney Dangerfield

s-l960.webp

"Yet now 103 days before the season opener against Weber State, the Huskies still have as much uncertainty surrounding the makeup of their next offensive line as they were smug about the previous one.

They've gone from having the nation's top collection of blockers, as confirmed by their Joe Moore Award on display in the Montlake offices, to possibly trotting out Drew Azzopardi and the four Musketeers.

At this point, Jedd Fisch's coaching staff is hoping, praying and gambling that unsung guys named Maximus, Enokk and D'Angalo can come in and fill in some of the gaps."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT